Thomas Hitzlsperger

rjw63

Homophobia? Are anyone scared of gay people?

Some people do fear the idea of homosexuality and people being openly gay in their midst. They use jokes as a form of intimidation to make sure gay people remain in their place and don't go getting any ideas about coming out.

• Like 2

Hitzlsperger jokes already going on at our place, homophobia has a long way to go before it gets to how racism is seen as now

Pity those telling the jokes. They're just ignorant and uneducated.

Hitzlsperger jokes already going on at our place, homophobia has a long way to go before it gets to how racism is seen as now

If he wasn't an ex Villa player, wonder how many on here would be joining in ?

50 gay footballers in the Premier League ? Do you mean all divisions + conference

No, in the Premier League.

Ah. Actually, I made an error.

I mean 25.

It could be between 25-50. (0.5 - 1.0% of 500 footballers)

Your maths is all over the shop there mate.

I did subsequently correct it.  At the time it was late and I was still simultaneously working on something I had been working on for about 10 straight hours so I was not at my sharpest.

There are probably 2-3 gay players in the Premier League.

Or perhaps they just like jokes. 

• Like 2

If he wasn't an ex Villa player, wonder how many on here would be joining in ?

I am sure that there are plenty of gay people who have no trouble laughing at themselves. Self deprecation is a quality.

My immediate thought when I read the news was that I always thought he was slow in midfield, but it turns out that he was just mincing.

I guess that makes me anti-gay/uneducated/ignorant/a dinosaur and whatever else outraged of some student accommodation somewhere thinks.

But as I have stated before, Thomas is a nice guy, I wish him well. If he was my son I would have been proud of his achievements, and I would still be proud of him today.

• Like 2

Former Aston Villa and German international footballer Thomas Hitzlesperger has come out as being gay.

I think this goes to show how much times have changed.

You'd never get a German international at Villa Park these days.

It is only when the story is supposed to paint the player in negative light that they will focus on and emphasise that he was an Aston Villa player.

Former Aston Villa and German international footballer Thomas Hitzlesperger has come out as being gay.

Typical overreaction! Two of them will be at Villa Park on Monday!

Typical overreaction! Two of them will be at Villa Park on Monday!

One Pole and one Turk!!

Oh, and Mertesacker. What part of 'Greater Germany' is he from?

Â