Thomas Hitzlsperger

rjw63

yeah i picked up the paper yesterday and there was a picture on the front page of him in an everton shirt and inside he was in a west ham one

things that piss me off than shouldnt...

Someone should start a thread about things like that...

• Like 1

yeah i picked up the paper yesterday and there was a picture on the front page of him in an everton shirt and inside he was in a west ham one

MPWZi.gif

Don't really understand the hostility towards Con. Statistics are useful when discussing demographics. I mean they're a bit botched and yes, he's pulled that 0.5% figure out of his arsehole and presented it as fact, but I can't see any malice in his posts whatsoever.

Regardless the number, everything is leaning towards a current star coming out. Thanks to Der Hammer this just got a little closer to happening. That it has been reported with such gusto and welcomed with open arms can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

MPWZi.gif

28014723.jpg

• Like 1

...I mean they're a bit botched and yes, he's pulled that 0.5% figure out of his arsehole and presented it as fact...

Answered your own question there.

Aye but it was completely inoffensive surely? It didn't require 4 pages of feigned incredulous reaction.

• Like 2

...I mean they're a bit botched and yes, he's pulled that 0.5% figure out of his arsehole and presented it as fact...

Aye but it was completely inoffensive surely? It didn't require 4 pages of feigned incredulous reaction.

That's because Con is treated like the VT Jordan Bowery by some.

snowychap, do you not agree with the basic proposition that women's sports has a higher proportion of lesbians to athletes than in the whole population, while in men's sports there is a lower proportion of gays than in the whole population? I'm not sure if there are any official statistics on this - there must be some - but it is something approaching a sexuality law of sports. everyone in the media, after a couple of pints, knows it too so surely ignorance must be feigned?

Just goes to show your sexual orientation has **** all to do with your performance on the pitch. Well done to the lad for coming out but it would have been even better if he had done it while playing to show that he didn't give a toss about social acceptance in sport.

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 2

That's because Con is treated like the VT Jordan Bowery by some.

Jordan Bowery? I don't think anybody has a problem with Jordan Bowery. If anybody does have a problem with Jordan Bowery then they have a problem with me. 

Wheelchair.gif

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 3

As already stated I really don't give a monkey's chuff whether Hitz is bent as a nine bob note or the ultimate Gigolo. Good luck to him whatever his orientation & I hope he enjoys it.

Hypothetically, Imagine if Super Tom had `come out` whilst playing for us at Villa Park.

How do people think Villa fans would have reacted? Home & away?

I personally wouldn't have give a damn.

Der Hammer scored one of the best goals that I ever saw at The Holte End in that in that infamous 2-2 draw against the scum.

For that Thomas

Take a bow son, take a bow.

However, be careful when bending over to take this bow, just in case that blue nosed clearing in the woods Mathew Upson  is marking you.

But then again, perhaps you'll enjoy it? ;)

Who cares? Whatever?

Just goes to show your sexual orientation has **** all to do with your performance on the pitch. Well done to the lad for coming out but it would have been even better if he had done it while playing to show that he didn't give a toss about social acceptance in sport.

It's his life. He's entitled to come out whenever he wants, if at all.

• Like 1

It didn't require 4 pages of feigned incredulous reaction.

Why are you of the opinion that the incredulity was not sincere?

Some of it referenced Barry Bannan, heat maps etc. Silly GIFs. It felt like a spot of bullying to me. I'm sure others has a point to raise, but it was lost I'm afraid.

However, be careful when bending over to take this bow, just in case that blue nosed clearing in the woods Mathew Upson  is marking you.

You must be very proud of yourself. 

It felt like a spot of bullying to me.

Really? That's what you take from the responses to what a poster claimed to be a "reasoned argument" and now refers to as "something approaching a sexuality law of sports" which is true because "everyone in the media knows it too (after a couple of pints)".

People were responding to the poster's conclusions (i.e. guesswork) and his workings (based on figures that you agree he has, probably, pulled out of his arse) and then to the fact that he continued down that road, apparently oblivious to any shortcomings with either the results or method.

Perhaps the references to Barry Bannan, heat maps and gifs suggested that this wasn't a topic on which other people felt his 'analysis' was even open to rebuttal or that they had tired of trying to engage with this kind of stuff in other areas.

I wish I'd had some prior experience also leading me to that conclusion because it would have saved me from the accusation of 'feigned ignorance' which was to follow.

Edited by snowychap

Using stats to explain sexuality and then claiming more gays are hairdressers and accountants - like there is a structure to sexuality - is just the most pathetic thing I have ever read.

My accountant is gay, maybe I need to ask him for the figures!

You must be very proud of yourself. 

Does that mean I can take a bow? :P

Â