Thomas Hitzlsperger

rjw63

You've never met any gay men, have you?

Actually, I have, and a few of them have had that camp voice and floppy wrist and amazing popularity with women thing going on.

Just for you Con

supergay.gif

• Like 1

Actually, I have, and a few of them have had that camp voice and floppy wrist and amazing popularity with women thing going on. Not all gay men are like that but it is something that I don't think has ever resulted in a surprise to learn they were actually heterosexual.

Is this for real?

Actually, I have, and a few of them have had that camp voice and floppy wrist and amazing popularity with women thing going on. Not all gay men are like that but it is something that I don't think has ever resulted in a surprise to learn they were actually heterosexual.

I think you've been watching too many seventies sit-coms.

Some of his quotes in here belong in the seventies

if the 70s is the new "Victorian Era" for gays does that mean, according to you, the concept of a gaydar is a myth? 

Yes, the concept of a 'gaydar' is pretty much a myth. 

If a gay person doesn't want people to know they are gay (perhaps because they are worried about the reaction of fans on the terrace) then you will not be able to tell they are gay. 

Some gay people may well play up to the stereotype you are thinking of, perhaps wearing it as a badge of honour to be 'out and proud' or whatever, but it is not a way of telling whether a person is gay or not.  

I'm not suggesting any professional footballers who are gay could be spotted with a gaydar. On the contrary in fact. I would have thought they would be the exceptions to the rule you could not tell from how they dressed, acted whether they were gay.

Some gay people may well play up to the stereotype you are thinking of, perhaps wearing it as a badge of honour to be 'out and proud' or whatever, but it is not a way of telling whether a person is gay or not.  

If it is used as a "badge of honour" then it is a way of telling whether a person is gay or not.

How does "the reaction of fans on the terrace" differ from the reaction of fans in a pantomine theatre, where a lot of gay actors work?

I'm not sure I really buy into this football fans are all Neanderthals bullshit. 

How does "the reaction of fans on the terrace" differ from the reaction of fans in a pantomine theatre, where a lot of gay actors work?

I'm not sure I really buy into this football fans are all Neanderthals bullshit. 

Have you ever been to a football match?

Crimestop means the faculty of stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought.” 

Orwell 1984.

I'm certainly not claiming 100% effectiveness but I'm extremely surprised that some people are willing to disagree with the idea you can tell just by what they wear, and how they behave some people are gay.

That's not to say I'm saying gay people are freaks who stand out. You can often tell when someone is Spanish rather than English, but that is not because the Spanish are freaks.

For example, Spanish people on holiday, apart from often being more tanned than English, often wear jumpers around their necks whereas the English tend to wear their jumpers around their waists.

Â