Thomas Hitzlsperger

rjw63

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

not sure if read it on here or somewhere else recently but was an interview about his last game for Villa and his family all came over for his farewell game and in a meaningless game O'Leary dropped him from the squad. What a **** dickhead

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Binned off by villa then scored a bundesliga winning trademark hammer a couple of years later. Legend

also started the Euro 2008 final. I always remember this pass in very last second in semi final.

Edited by blandy
mod skillz half embed

He did have great vision, I think he was very unlucky with injuries. That goal to equalise in the last day of the bundesliga to win it was really something else... If some plonker like Rooney scored it they would still be creaming their pants over it to this day. 

https://youtu.be/Dy2WxD5iMPU

Spoiler

Also no brummie accent haha 

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Binned off by villa then scored a bundesliga winning trademark hammer a couple of years later. Legend

Binned off is a bit harsh, he went back to Germany, always thought it was his own choice

Watched a Stuttgart game 2 years back their fans weren't overly fond of him and mostly outright homophobic if I'm honest 

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

Got a big job ahead of him at Stuttgart.

No kidding. The club's been in a state for a number of years now. They seemed to be making good progress by signing younger players that had been well scouted but spent a good chunk in the summer and have gone backwards again.

He's a very smart guy, though, even more so than you'd imagine from his interviews. 

• 4 years later...
Â