Formula One 2014

BOF

V8s vs the V6 turbo.  Give me the V8 any day of the week!

That video just proves what a shite spectator sport F1 is, much better on TV imo

yeah I'm not convinced I'd pay £150 (absolute minimum entry charge for the race) for either of those experiences

V8s vs the V6 turbo.  Give me the V8 any day of the week!

That video just proves what a shite spectator sport F1 is, much better on TV imo

yeah I'm not convinced I'd pay £150 (absolute minimum entry charge for the race) for either of those experiences

I went to Monza a couple of years ago. It was €75 for the race day GA ticket and was a brilliant day out. We had a big screen opposite so we also had the TV view but the noise and atmosphere was great fun, would love to go to another one.

It's a whole weekend thing though. Milan is taken over by replica F1 cars and promotion girls etc, loads of F1 tourists out and about chatting about the race, then on race day itself there is the build up with parades and flyovers etc before the actual event. We got onto the track at the end for the presentation and had a blast, would highly recommend it if you haven't been to one. 

Quite enjoyed today's race, the new changes have mixed things up a bit and made everything slightly more unpredictable which was needed really.

However from 2 races of this season it just becomes more evident that at the top of the grid there really isn't much between the drivers so basically what determines race winners and championship winners is the equipment underneath them, Mercedes clearly have the best car so will probably dominate most races until red bull catch up, the only excitement to be had is what's going on in the middle pack really.

Ferrari being shit, must be annoying for Alonso again. title, looks like hamilton v rosberg v vettel really. Bit annoyed red bull have caught up so quickly. And the luck of the australian yet again hits their team. Seems as though Ricciardo has also already been given a 10 place grid penalty for next race as well? Bloody harsh that! Very much Webber's inheritor in more ways than one

Edited by Rodders

Fair play to Massa, that call from the team was madness, if Bottass couldn't pass on those straights with DRS and newer tyres then f**k him.

I was torn at the halfway point as I wanted Lewis to win but was also hoping for some rain to mix it up a bit.

I went to Monza a couple of years ago. It was €75 for the race day GA ticket and was a brilliant day out. We had a big screen opposite so we also had the TV view but the noise and atmosphere was great fun, would love to go to another one.

It's a whole weekend thing though. Milan is taken over by replica F1 cars and promotion girls etc, loads of F1 tourists out and about chatting about the race, then on race day itself there is the build up with parades and flyovers etc before the actual event. We got onto the track at the end for the presentation and had a blast, would highly recommend it if you haven't been to one. 

cheapest Silverstone ticket for 2014 is £150 for one day and excludes entry to any of the grandstands

but it's just a personal taste thing, I don't mind a bit of motorsport, I'll happily get up at stupid o clock to stand on the side of the road and watch rally, I'll also happily sit and watch funny car drag racing, but formula 1 just isn't for me I guess

(I've blown up two of my wife's cars playing variations of run what ya brung drag racing!)

My local GP is the Abu Dhabi grand prix, which is £300 for the cheapest 2 day ticket and a bit more for the 3 days.

In fairness, the booze is pretty well priced and the concerts tend to be big names, but it's still a lot for the basic ticket. Recent acts have been Eminem, Paul McCartney, Kings of Leon, Prince, Beyonce, Jamiroquai, Muse and Jay Z.

Not quite sure why the event is called the Abu Dhabi GP as opposed to The UAE GP, as Abu Dhabi is just an Emirate and not a country.  Are there any other races that are named just after the city and not the country?

Is it some way of differentiating it from Bahrain?

Not quite the same but there is Valencia GP which is not called Valencia, or Spain but the European GP.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked out my Senna DVD to watch and realised it was 20 years ago this week he died.

Jesus :(

Probably the saddest day of my life, watched it all happen and then went out to play football - I thought he would be fine, you do as a kid I guess - anyway, I remember seeing dad waving at me, I came running over and he told me. I just remember crying.

:'-(

Â