Formula One 2014

BOF

Is it me or is Rosberg getting away with murder? Last race he pulled out the pole sitters trick of parking his car in a dangerous place so nobody could beat his lap.

In this one, under fairly intense pressure from the Hamster, he gains quite an advantage by cutting a corner off the track, putting extra distance between himself and the Hamster, and doesn't get penalised.

I didn't realise sticking to the track was optional?

• Like 1

Is it me or is Rosberg getting away with murder? Last race he pulled out the pole sitters trick of parking his car in a dangerous place so nobody could beat his lap.

In this one, under fairly intense pressure from the Hamster, he gains quite an advantage by cutting a corner off the track, putting extra distance between himself and the Hamster, and doesn't get penalised.

I didn't realise sticking to the track was optional?

I thought the exact same thing after yesterdays race. I was quite looking forward to seeing Hamilton throw his toys out of his pram in the post-race interviews (again), only for nothing to be mentioned. He quite clearly gained a major advantage yesterday, you could say with relative certainty Hamilton was going to overtake him within a lap or two so for nothing to happen was a little perplexing.

Edited by Don_Simon

Perez moves IMO

Seems the stewards agree too

Force India's Sergio Perez has been penalised for causing the spectacular crash with Williams' Felipe Massa in the Canadian Grand Prix.

Stewards decided Perez had illegally changed his line on the approach to the first corner at the Montreal track.

The Mexican has been given a five-place grid penalty at the next race in Austria for the incident that led to both drivers being taken to hospital.

Both men were released after precautionary checks.

Those were required because the incident set off the medical alarm in their cars, which is triggered by impacts of about 18G.

Both cars recorded impacts of 27G after the crash at the first corner of the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve at the start of the last lap of the race.....

"We showed them the overhead shot. Perez brakes very early, and the car jinks to the left, either because he does it or because of brake problems, I don't know.

"And we showed them evidence from the radio transcript [with Perez] talking about 'I have no rear brakes.' And they [Force India] said: 'If you can carry on, carry on, and if you can't, pit.'

Edited by StanBalaban

• 4 weeks later...

Completely forgot the race was on somehow, so flicking between le tour and the tennis at 2 I stumbled over BBC2 and realised my error.

Thankfully it seemed I hadn't missed much racing!

Though as I was flicking through 3 channels of sport I managed to not enjoy any of the action - though I did catch Vettel doing Alonso at Copse, amazing racing by the pair of them!

The Vettel and Alonso battle was amazing, felt sorry for Button at the end, he was very close to catching Ricciardo.

But at least Hamilton won  :D . Oh and Massa did a great job to avoid hitting Raikonnen head on as that could have been very very nasty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Credit where it's due, vettel handled that brilliantly.

Had to laugh when team radio kicked in an they said is everything ok and he replied yes but I've flat spotted the tyre, he was inches from a massive accident!

Brilliant race though

There has been some quality races this season, that was one of them.

Such a breath of fresh air after the worst season ever last season.

I wonder if it'll improve enough for me to watch more than 5 minutes of a race.

Last season was the worst I've ever seen.

My views on the sport have totally turned around since that post! It's a shame they've brought in that stupid double points race.

Brilliant race, Hamilton and Alonso were both superb, Hamilton did an amazing job to come through the field considering he spun off at the second corner and then hold Rosberg off at the end. Alonso somehow managed to drag that dog that Ferrari call a car onto the podium and fight for victory was superb.

Im also glad Hamilton refused to give into team orders and let Rosberg past as Rosberg wasn't even close to over taking him at that point and if he had he wouldn't have got that podium at the end.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Ricciardo is a better driver than Vettel?

Love how there has been so much overtaking the last few weeks. Think they should scrap qualifying apart from the very first race of the season. From then on the grid should line up the opposite of their finish's. So if you win you start last, finish second, starts second last etc. Would mean that every race had excitement. Never going to happen as they would lose sales from the qualifiers but think it would be ace.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Ricciardo is a better driver than Vettel?

Vettel can only race one way: Balls to the wall. Works ok when you have the best car in the field - no so good otherwise.

Daniel picks his moments and can race to instructions. That means he gets the very best out of whatever car he is in - something Vettel doesn't seem able to do.

Â