Formula One 2014

BOF

I must be the only person who actually likes the new turbo sound, sure its quieter down a straight, but when you start getting through the gears the there's a husky deep tone followed by a sweet top whistle, it's dynamic. I'm not saying I prefer it but it's not as bad as some make out.

I must be the only person who actually likes the new turbo sound, sure its quieter down a straight, but when you start getting through the gears the there's a husky deep tone followed by a sweet top whistle, it's dynamic. I'm not saying I prefer it but it's not as bad as some make out.

No, the new sound is utter sh-t. It sounds like a load of boy racers driving in their sh-t little cars.

Edited by Avfc96

For me its not the sound, just the volume

when i went to Silverstone a few years ago i couldn't here my brother stood next to me because of the scream off the engine, these v6 turbo engines are just too quiet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Monza is yes but when you say "Monte Carlo" people think rally.

That doesn't mean the Monaco grand prix doesn't often get referred to as Monte Carlo though, even if the rally is more well known bearing the name "monte Carlo"

Lewis Hamilton does it in this piece for the BBC, for example

Clear advantage taken by Rosberg by going off the track.

He gunned it when he cut the chicane putting an extra second between him and Hamilton.

Yep, now both Mercs have lost some power and are dropping back massively.

Â