Formula One 2014

BOF

Also, am I the only one that thinks Ricciardo is a better driver than Vettel?

Vettel can only race one way: Balls to the wall. Works ok when you have the best car in the field - no so good otherwise.

Daniel picks his moments and can race to instructions. That means he gets the very best out of whatever car he is in - something Vettel doesn't seem able to do.

Vettel, Button, Rosberg all prove that if they are in the best car in the field they can put in consistently quick lap times. and remain at the front.

True racing talent in drivers like Hamilton, Alonso, Schumacher etc. have shown that they have the abilty to ring the neck of sub-prime and get it closer to the front than it ought to be. (yes I know Hamilton is in this years best car, I'm going on previous seasons and getting through the field from the back this year).

• Like 2

I see that the way one makes bribery charges go away is to pay the court money to drop them.

But surely that's...

I really don't understand it at all.

Should be getting 10 years but instead pays a massive 'settlement'.

Talk about a corrupt system.

Edited by jjaacckk91

I saw that and thought, err what?

"We think you've been making illegal payment!!!!"

"Bung us a slice of the cake and we'll say no more about it" :D

At his age and wealth, he may as well just settle. Not worth the hassle is it.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

It is an utterly ridiculous state of affairs.  It is basically a law that says that all the other laws don't apply to you if you have enough money.  It is quite one thing to think that this may be the case but it is quite another to see it in action and openly so in a large and normally progressive European country.  Absolutely baffles me that you can pay a court to make a bribery case go away, it is virtually an endorsement of the behavior.

And the bribe was £27 sodding million quid.  How much do you think the contract was worth to see value in giving a 27 million pound bribe!  the £60 million payment to the Germans probably still makes the whole venture worthwhile.  Consequence free law breaking, what a nice world Bernie lives in.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Ricciardo is a better driver than Vettel?

Vettel can only race one way: Balls to the wall. Works ok when you have the best car in the field - no so good otherwise.

Daniel picks his moments and can race to instructions. That means he gets the very best out of whatever car he is in - something Vettel doesn't seem able to do.

Spot on.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28921431

Lewis Hamilton claims Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg admitted in a post-race meeting that he deliberately hit him during Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix.

Hamilton's race was effectively ended when he suffered a puncture on lap two at Spa after Rosberg collided with him.

The German went on to finish second, extending his lead in the championship to 29 points with seven races left.

"We just had a meeting about it and he basically said he did it on purpose," said Hamilton.

The 2008 world champion added: "He said he could have avoided it, but he didn't want to. He basically said, 'I did it to prove a point'."

Rosberg is a complete word removed, he knows he is the infeiror driver to Hamilton and is therefore either crashing into him, cutting corners on the track to gain an advantage and blocking the track in Quali so no-one else can challange his timed lap.

He's a **** rocket polisher and I hope Hamilton takes the title away from him in the last race.

• Like 1

**** Rosberg!

He really is a hard nosed **** with some of his dirty tricks, but bloody hell, he's also getting some luck.

All the incidents he has been involved in, and he still hasn't had a DNF.

Retired in Silverstone didn't he?

Â