Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

I'm much more excited about this signing than Steven Defour. Seriously. This would be perfect for us. Not quite as good as getting Bannan back, but he will absolutely improve our performances, help younger players, has experience of the league and should not take long to settle. Ticks every box. Go go go.

• Like 4

An older Barry Bannan.

Surely not that good!!

TBF probably a good signing for the money but not one to get excited about (see my post above).

Norwich will never sell to us and if they do they will look at least 3-4 mill. Something I don't believe he is worth.

1.5 million is a lot of money compared to zero, which is what they will get if they don't accept our offer.

• Like 3

Norwich will never sell to us and if they do they will look at least 3-4 mill. Something I don't believe he is worth.

Business is business and they may well be happy to get some money for a 31 year old whose contract is running down and isn't a regular starter.

This would be OK for a short term fix, I'd hope we'd sign better in the summer.

• Like 1

Fantastic player. Always puts in a shift and is pure quality. He is exactly what we need.  

Remember watching him play for Shelbourne in Dublin vs either Villa or Celtic(cant remember which one) nearly 15 years ago now and he looked great. Always kept an eye on his career after that and it would be a bit strange to see him play for the Villa after so long because I never thought he would make it to the Premier league but fair play to him. He has more than proved himself with both Norwich and Ireland.

Can't see Norwich selling a decent player to Lambert and a relegation rival

It's not the most inspiring but think he will do a good job. Think Norwich will play hard ball though

If they give us Hoolahan we will pull our bid for Defour. 

Business is business and they may well be happy to get some money for a 31 year old whose contract is running down and isn't a regular starter.

This would be OK for a short term fix, I'd hope we'd sign better in the summer.

But his contract has another 18 months plus he is playing well over the past few games for them. Why let a player like him go when he could be the difference in them staying in 60mill prem league and not. Norwich fans think he is best thing since sliced bread. Also they are selling to Lambert and Villa. I'd stake my rep, which isn't much :) that we won't get him for less than 2.5mill

He is very underrated. The Norwich fans love him (and Norwich fans are pretty sound). They seem to be saying they don't want him to leave so should be asking around £5m. Obvi £5m is insane but I imagine £1.5m isn't going to be enough.

Jesus Christ this would be one of the most depressing signings we've ever made.

Not saying he's that bad of a player, just would be such an anti-climax to the infamous "number ten" we've needed for years.

Thinking this is a good signing shows our desperation

He is very underrated. The Norwich fans love him (and Norwich fans are pretty sound).

They loved Lambert as well.

I honestly don't see what's not to like about this. Good player, PL experience, creative, inexpensive, low wages and generally experienced at 31 and not past it. May not be playing much atm but that is not an indicator of his quality, he just doesn't fit into Houghton's system and that makes Norwich fans unhappy.

Also bear in mind what the other options are within our budget. Forget big names signings; it is this or another 21 year old pile of crap from Somewaria.

Edited by Spoony

He is very underrated. The Norwich fans love him (and Norwich fans are pretty sound). They seem to be saying they don't want him to leave so should be asking around £5m. Obvi £5m is insane but I imagine £1.5m isn't going to be enough.

The same Norwich fans who told us Lambert was some sort of tactical genius?

• Like 1

Â