Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Lerner is not going to identify and then attract a manager capable of turning us into a mid table team on this budget. 

We all know this, so what is the point in sacking the manager we have?

Because the one we have now is going to relegate us. So it's either try, or accept.

Or disagree.

What a damn shame it has come to this but, IMO only) Lambert just isn't good enough. Nick 76 referred to ' a young squad of talent' ; I just can't see the talent. For example; Jordan Bowery; he just shouldn't be in the Premier League, he simply isn't good enough; ditto Joe Bennett. You cant blame the players; of course they are going to come to a team like Villa; they aren't going to say 'well actually we aren't up to it'. Take the Stoke game; I thought we were much the better side in the first half, created a bit more and silenced their fans. But whatever Hughes said to his team worked and whatever Lambert said didn't. I agree with Shillzz that it comes as no surprise now to be beaten by "lesser" teams. When that 2nd went in for Stoke there was an Asian youth in front of us entreating us, in quite strong terms, to get behind the team but everyone seemed resigned to lose.

To try to be more objective about Lambert; why the hell doesn't he get Bent and Ireland back they couldn't do worse and I understand  NZog  has no squad number.- what's going on there?

In this thread people were saying 'if we lose to Palace' - well what if we lose to Swansea too ?

Lerner is not going to identify and then attract a manager capable of turning us into a mid table team on this budget. 

Because the one we have now is going to relegate us. So it's either try, or accept.

Well, I recon we will be worse off with Lerner's next attempt at a manager. The guy won't get a January budget to overhaul Lambert's team and he won't have a preseason to work with Lambert's players. 

We avoided the drop last season under Lambert and I think we will do it again this year. We will get more results when Vlaar and Benteke are fit and these will be enough to stay ahead of at least three of the rubbish sides at the bottom. 

• Like 3

We avoided the drop last season under Lambert and I think we will do it again this year. We will get more results when Vlaar and Benteke are fit and these will be enough to stay ahead of at least three of the rubbish sides at the bottom.

Thats the only thing i’m hoping for. Vlaar has really made a difference this season and its not even like a NRC absence makes the heart grow fonder type of way.

We can all agree the current crop of players aren't the best but why all this counter attacking bollox mix it up go back to basics 4-4-2 with width especially at home counter away by all means Bennett Luna FFs that's not good scouting at all whoever put these too up want sacking

Our best possible team bar injuries

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar. Okore. Clark

Albrighton. Westwood delph. Zog

Benteke. Gabby

Think about it that team ain't that bad

Width pace plus if we bought in better wingers bent would be better lol

Thoughts

Would get raped in the middle of the park there mate, a classic 4-4-2 belongs the past.

• Like 1

It was the response your comments deserved.

I am blunt, I will question your passion for the club when I read negative rubbish like your previous comments. You know where I stand now.

It wasnt a valid question, it was quite pathetic. Also you still cant get past the idea that luck played a part, its not total crap.

And have with had "luck" go against us this season? Oh wait, that does not fit your agenda to be considered as relevant, like many other factors. Lambert Out! Go off and paint your bed sheet then.

How can facts be hot garbage?

We are low on confidence and have players still learning about the game at the top level. What do you expect to happen in a short period of time regarding the style? Get real for goodness' sake.

Well, I recon we will be worse off with Lerner's next attempt at a manager. The guy won't get a January budget to overhaul Lambert's team and he won't have a preseason to work with Lambert's players.

For those reasons we need a tactical mind, one with the ability to organise a team on match day.

Steve Clarke is available. I'm not a big fan, he's not a manager. But right now we don't need a "manager". We need a bloody good coach.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

His quotes today have made me a bit furious, basically implying we expect too much and us not supporting the team is damaging them (look on SkySports; on my phone so difficult to post links).

How are our expectations high??? We all know we are dire but all we ask is that we win a couple of games at home and don't just lie down in front of the worst teams in the league and get deservedly beaten time after time with our one dimensional, defensive hoofball

I've been a bit back and forth in defending lambert and calling for his head but now my colours are firmly nailed to the Lambert out mast. Can our next manager please not be some whiny, negatively-playing incompetent bore from Britain??

It's very much damned if you do, damned if you don't. I have no doubt that Lerner would bring in a Top Ranking Pillock, a complete bell end - but new managers can often bring a short term rise in fortunes, increase in the number of points achieved - and we need points. I have no confidence in McLambert bringing in ten more points, let alone the twenty we need. At this point I don't fancy us to even score ten goals!

Benteke has been poor all season and Vlaar may shore things up at the back but won't win us games. We are the rubbish side at the bottom - and we haven't beaten one of those sides around us.

Let's face it. Lambert hasn't had a hell of a lot of money to work with. Not just talking about transfer fees here. Good players want salaries to match and that is where our problem lies. Our owner wants Michelin starred chefs working for Burger King wages!

Paul Faulkner is just a puppet who does as he's told, which many other folks would do for the money he'll be on.

Lambert's job is to try to get a bunch of player's, that by in large appear to be Championship standard, to play beyond their level. But, are they Championship standard? I mean, Southampton have a squad that came up from the lower levels and have been part of the top half of the table for virtually the whole of the season so far. Is it a case that our players are capable of holding their own in the Premier League but the coaching staff, including Lambert, just aren't using them in the right way?

Whatever the problem is, the table won't lie. We have been played off the park on a few occasions this season and come off it with points. That luck won't last forever and eventually the cream rises to the top. It's the same with relegation battles. You can only avoid the trap door so often before you eventually fall through it.

We have harsh games coming up after the next two. If we don't take at least three points from the next two games we are going to be right in the brown stuff by the end of January. Our March fixtures are horrific too so these next couple of games, together with the fixtures in February, are really going to define our season. We are in desperate need of having Vlaar in the back four for the rest of the season and also, having Benteke in goalscoring form. If they don't happen, we really will be staring down the barrel.

Let's face it. Lambert hasn't had a hell of a lot of money to work with. Not just talking about transfer fees here. Good players want salaries to match and that is where our problem lies. Our owner wants Michelin starred chefs working for Burger King wages!

Paul Faulkner is just a puppet who does as he's told, which many other folks would do for the money he'll be on.

Lambert's job is to try to get a bunch of player's, that by in large appear to be Championship standard, to play beyond their level. But, are they Championship standard? I mean, Southampton have a squad that came up from the lower levels and have been part of the top half of the table for virtually the whole of the season so far. Is it a case that our players are capable of holding their own in the Premier League but the coaching staff, including Lambert, just aren't using them in the right way?

Whatever the problem is, the table won't lie. We have been played off the park on a few occasions this season and come off it with points. That luck won't last forever and eventually the cream rises to the top. It's the same with relegation battles. You can only avoid the trap door so often before you eventually fall through it.

We have harsh games coming up after the next two. If we don't take at least three points from the next two games we are going to be right in the brown stuff by the end of January. Our March fixtures are horrific too so these next couple of games, together with the fixtures in February, are really going to define our season. We are in desperate need of having Vlaar in the back four for the rest of the season and also, having Benteke in goalscoring form. If they don't happen, we really will be staring down the barrel.

I dont buy into that money excuse thing. There are many clubs in the Pl who get less funds than us in the market, yet they do better than us.

It was the response your comments deserved.

I am blunt, I will question your passion for the club when I read negative rubbish like your previous comments. You know where I stand now.

It wasnt a valid question, it was quite pathetic. Also you still cant get past the idea that luck played a part, its not total crap.

And have with had "luck" go against us this season? Oh wait, that does not fit your agenda to be considered as relevant, like many other factors. Lambert Out! Go off and paint your bed sheet then.

How can facts be hot garbage?

We are low on confidence and have players still learning about the game at the top level. What do you expect to happen in a short period of time regarding the style? Get real for goodness' sake.

What are you mumbling about, what agenda? I just want Villa to do well but I'm not going to clutch at every straw.

I'll paint my bed sheet while you paint your rosie picture

Its part of the managers job to motivate and instill confidence. As for the style, well we played quite decent from Feb to May and picked up points, so I am real in thinking that may have continued in some very small tiny way especially after spending £20m. 

For those reasons we need a tactical mind, one with the ability to organise a team on match day.

Steve Clarke is available. I'm not a big fan, he's not a manager. But right now we don't need a "manager". We need a bloody good coach.

Why would taking Albion to below us in the table be a recommendation? About as sensible a suggestion as Jol

I dont buy into that money excuse thing. There are many clubs in the Pl who get less funds than us in the market, yet they do better than us.

Like who? Even Cardiff and Norwich have bought expensive strikers, possibly more than Benteke cost us. Southampton have spent a lot, Swansea bought Bony. They all started from a more settled base than Lambert as well, who has had no transfer income to supplement his budget because nobody wants our shower of shite he inherited. I bet we beat Swansea, it's that kind of season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2530001/Aston-Villa-million-miles-I-want-says-Paul-Lambert.html

Paul Lambert admitted Aston Villa are 'a million miles away' from where he wants the club to be.

Lambert's side head into Saturday's clash with Swansea looking to halt a run of four successive defeats that has seen them slide to within three points of the Premier League relegation zone.

Home form has been the biggest problem, with Villa picking up only seven points and scoring just six goals, the worst record in the top four divisions.They have found the net in only one of their last six home matches and the fans made their feelings clear as Villa slumped to a 1-0 defeat by Crystal Palace on Boxing Day.

Lambert conceded expectations are not making life easier, saying: 'The lads are edgy on certain things but we have to work on that.

'You can't turn round and be critical of the crowd, that's for sure. It's too big a club.

'It's probably not helping in terms of us trying to play our game at certain times but they pay their money and they're entitled to voice their opinion.

'Football is about giving people something to cheer. We're doing everything we can to keep building what we want to try and do. I'm a million miles short of what I want to do with the club.

'Personally I know what it's like because I've played with big clubs as a footballer. I was never exempt from criticism.

'I remember my first few games at Celtic, I lost them. People were saying go back to Dortmund, 60,000 or whatever it was. Until I bedded myself in and got a grip of it, then it went reasonably okay.

'I know criticism. For the team, when they're young, they need that support through thick and thin.

'Some people talk about bravery of going in for a tackle that's 10 feet high and blood, guts and thunder. Bravery's taking the ball in front of 40,000 or 50,000 in an area where people will just shy away from it.

'As long as they never do that - that's the one thing I can't accept, trying to hide. As long as they keep trying to do the right things, then I'll never criticise them.

'I don't want to be sitting like this every time. It's a challenge I'm not going to wilt under. I've never wilted. You fight it, you don't run away from it.'

Michael Laudrup's Swansea sit a point above Villa and are also not in good form having gone five matches without a victory.

'Even if you don't win in one, there's pressure,' said Lambert. 'Football now, you get one or two games. If you've not won two games, there's a crisis, it's getting shorter and shorter.

'Swansea are on that same kind of run, I'm pretty sure if you asked Michael he'd say the exact same thing. It's a big game for both teams.'

Midfielder Ashley Westwood returns from suspension but Lambert is limited in his options, with top scorer Christian Benteke and defender Ron Vlaar still injured.

Goalkeeper Brad Guzan was one of the few players to emerge from the Palace game with credit, and he promised Villa fans the team will give everything to try to stop the rot on Saturday.

The American said: 'We understand that the supporters are frustrated, we're frustrated.

'We know that we're going through a bit of a rough patch. There are teams all up and down the country that will, if they haven't already, go through a rough patch and that's what makes the Premier League the Premier League.

'We beat Manchester City here, we beat Arsenal at the Emirates, so we've picked up some positive results and that's what we're going to lean on.

'We have to stay confident, we're together, we're in this with the supporters as well. We need to make this right.

'Four games doesn't make you a bad team. We know we have to be better. We have to find a way on Saturday to go out and get a result.'

Edited by Villan4Life