Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

I'm just reading a lot on the Villa Facebook page people calling for Lambert's head and those comments getting the most likes because it's clearly the popular opinion.

It's of course similar on here what with 3 really poor results, losing to United, fair enough but the other two are very poor results.

I just wonder though, do we all really think it's the best solution to be calling for the sacking of Lambert now? Lambert's plans are clearly long term, we obviously want to make progress ( the season isn't over yet, still only a win away from 10th) but judging by Lambert's signings we all should know the wage budget is meant to be kept low and he has limited funds, someone earlier I read said he's spent £15million this summer I don't know whether that figure is accurate or not as during an AVTV presser he said a lot of the players he signed for less than a million, Bacuna and Luna were quoted as two examples.

I just think that if he's sacked, what's next? We have a bunch of players who only Lambert had plans to develop and use, god knows who we'll bring in as manager and we're back to working from scratch again with another manager.

Basically I hope Lerner doesn't panic on what a lot of the fans are saying and sack Lambert, at least judge him on the end of this season of which I don't think we'll be relegated in truth. Despite performing terrible the last few games I still think those below us now will finish below us.

I just want to hear from some of you who want Lambert sacked and some how don't on what you think would be next for us if we did?

I also think it's worth noting Lambert is a damn young manager.

Not now.

Maybe at the end of the season.

This - it all depends on how things look at the end of the season.

That said, I can already see pressure rising from our fans and this will continue if we fail to win our next game.

No its not the answer.........................but I must admit I see Lambert departing in some manner pretty soon.  he seems to be going a bit surreal - I mean lowton & westwood @ £800k..........."Randy Phones me after every game" - Why does he feel the need to mislead us in this way ? - The accounts prove what these players cost - and it would be seem very strange that a man who hasn't been to VP in 18 months, is enthused enough to call the manager every 7 days ??? ................sounds like the end is nigh to me.... 

No its not the answer.........................but I must admit I see Lambert departing in some manner pretty soon.  he seems to be going a bit surreal - I mean lowton & westwood @ £800k..........."Randy Phones me after every game" - Why does he feel the need to mislead us in this way ? - The accounts prove what these players cost - and it would be seem very strange that a man who hasn't been to VP in 18 months, is enthused enough to call the manager every 7 days ??? ................sounds like the end is nigh to me.... 

What on Earth are you talking about? :wacko:

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I have a feeling the vultures are circling and I am starting to hear some things and see familiar mannerisms from a manager thats in trouble.

I really don't want to see us changing managers so often, but this drop in levels of performance is staggering. on top of really poor home performance and a player in Benteke whos drop in stock is like the 2008 financial crash.

He has undoubted injury problems, that is conspiring against him,but something, looks a bit sinister to me.

Well Lambert has said Lerner phone hims after every game  .......(Highly unlikely IMO)

Then Lambert has recently claimed Lowton & Westwood - cost approximately 50% of the reported prices. A figure disproved by scrutiny of the accounts on here ...........

I know you deal in black or white mantis - but I am just suggesting, that Lambert is feeling the pressure - and that all is not well........even if I am totally wrong ... the results ain't the best...

I have a feeling the vultures are circling and I am starting to hear some things and see familiar mannerisms from a manager thats in trouble.

I really don't want to see us changing managers so often, but this drop in levels of performance is staggering. on top of really poor home performance and a player in Benteke whos drop in stock is like the 2008 financial crash.

He has undoubted injury problems, that is conspiring against him,but something, looks a bit sinister to me.

Yes - that's what I m sensing too......

• Like 1

I just don't think Lambert has brought in good enough players or coaches. What they must do in training i have no idea. I really wanted Lambert to do well and get us playing decent football and finishing mid-table comfortably. Doesn't look like it now. Still have no idea who would come in though if Lambert was sacked. In fact I would fear that Lerner and Faulkner would goall Neil Warnock or Ian Holloway. Aiiieeeee!!!!

Well Lambert has said Lerner phone hims after every game  .......(Highly unlikely IMO)

Then Lambert has recently claimed Lowton & Westwood - cost approximately 50% of the reported prices. A figure disproved by scrutiny of the accounts on here ...........

I know you deal in black or white mantis - but I am just suggesting, that Lambert is feeling the pressure - and that all is not well........even if I am totally wrong ... the results ain't the best...

Who are we to say whether or not Lerner and Lambert talk on the phone after every game?

Why does Lambert downplaying the fees for Lowton and Westwood indicate that he'll be off?

What an absolutely ridiculous accusation. Do you have any proof at all to back that up? Please actually read my posts before making such a silly claim. I'm always getting my head bitten off on here precisely because I don't see things in black and white.

Edited by Mantis

I don't think so. What were people's expectations this season? We are about where we expected to be and we can't afford to have key players like Vlaar, Benteke and Gabby out at the same time. We need a win against Palace to get us back on track.

We went through a similar period of losing last season and we improved in the second half of the season. We need to stick together, we need unity. We will have Crystal Palace for dinner! UTV

• Like 1

Who are we to say whether or not Lerner and Lambert talk on the phone after every game?

Why does Lambert downplaying the fees for Lowton and Westwood indicate that he'll be off?

What an absolutely ridiculous accusation. Do you have any proof at all to back that up? Please actually read my posts before making such a silly claim.

Lambert has said himself today - Lerner calls him after every game - do you believe that ?

Downplaying fees doesn't indicate he will be off - but equally it seems a bizarre thing to say - when it can see easily be disproved.

I am not sure what I have accused you of - or what in your posts I haven't read ?

I have merely expressed my opinion that I don't think Lambert will be our manager in the medium to long term - given our results - I'm hardly predicting the second coming.  

Edited by smetrov

Lambert has said himself today - Lerner calls him after every game - do you believe that ?

Downplaying fees doesn't indicate he will be off - but equally it seems a bizarre thing to say - when it can see easily be disproved.

I am sure what I have accused you of - or what in your posts I haven't read ?

I have merely expressed my opinion that I don't think Lambert will be our manager in the medium to long term - given our results - I'm hardly predicting the second coming.  

And as I said - who are we to dispute that?

You accused me of seeing things in black and white - which is completely wrong.

I just don't really know where it's coming from. Your reasons for thinking that seem to be the fact that Lambert said he talks with Lerner on the phone after every game and that he's been downplaying the fees for certain players. That's a pretty weak argument.

I just don't really know where it's coming from. Your reasons for thinking that seem to be the fact that Lambert said he talks with Lerner on the phone after every game and that he's been downplaying the fees for certain players. That's a pretty weak argument.

LOL - Oh the Irony !

• Like 3

LOL - Oh the Irony !

Well not really because it is completely wrong as I said.

I'd really like to know how I supposedly see things in black and white.