Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

He has been an absolute disaster and does not deserve to be given any more time. He has broken record after record of poor results and stats.Bombed out perfectly good players because of their wages and the replacements have been mostly inferior to what he left rotting in the reserves.

His "young and hungry" philosophy is clearing failing as apart from couple none of them have looked remotely interested in recent weeks.

Secondly, it's Lerner who sets the financial agenda, not Lambert

So RL told Lambert to let those players rot, not playing and turning their transfer value to zero whilst we also pay their wages? Ok then!

I see you edited out my other point - that this was a group of players that in addition to the known discipline and attitude problems, had won 15 points from their last 20 games. So they were our future were they? Ok then!

What attitude problems? The main issue was the manager that was in charge at the time.

The only future the current crop will give us is relegation.

Collins, Dunne, Ireland, Zog and eventually Bent, all poor attitudes

Which of the brilliant players that Lambert bombed-out have gone on to shine elsewhere? None

Which player that Lambert has signed has shone this season?

I'm not claiming they have - but I don't think Warnock, Hutton, Collins, IReland or Bent were the answer either

We haven't exactly taken a forward step with Lambert have we VillaCas. He has done absolutely nothing to deserve the faith you keep showing in him.

Even if you strip it back to basics and what I mean by that is coaching and motivation you cannot say he's improved us. The team is too static, too easily marked and just too bloody predicable to surprise anyone at the moment. Thats not the fault of Lerner or limited funding as any decent player should have the ability to move, pull the opposing team out of position while still finding space if the coaching is of the required standard within a system to suit the players. This comes right down to the manager and his coaching staff and that cannot be defended. 

To be really really clear, I am only a 'fan' of Lambert in the sense that I am willing to back someone for a sustained period of time - It turns out that that someone is Lambert (I wanted Poyet or OGS at the time)

I'm not just being difficult but I can't agree that "any decent player should have the ability to move, pull the opposing team out of position while still finding space if the coaching is of the required standard" nor that "limited funding doesn't come into it".  You get what you pay for and we've paid for £10k a week players - it's no surprise to me that they are unable to outwit £50k a week players. All the coaching in the world can't change that fact

I do agree that we have been 'found out' - teams have discovered how to play against us this season. I also admit that I imagined that we would be better this season - that may still be the case but it doesnt look that way at the moment

We could spend the next week discussing who should have been sold, bought or played but I think we are both pretty clear on each others view

For me I don't really see anyone better out there who could come in and change things round working with the same budget

We passed and moved in our school team many years ago to create space and make it harder for the opposition to mark us. Have you watched Derby lately to use just one example from the Championship?

All players and especially those who have had professional coaching from an early age are able to move to create space as it is a very basic requirement of a professional footballer.

So with all due respect you don't need to be earning 50k a week to know how to do that and it's yet another very poor excuse you have used to defend Lambert with.

• Like 1

He has been an absolute disaster and does not deserve to be given any more time. He has broken record after record of poor results and stats.Bombed out perfectly good players because of their wages and the replacements have been mostly inferior to what he left rotting in the reserves.

His "young and hungry" philosophy is clearing failing as apart from couple none of them have looked remotely interested in recent weeks.

So RL told Lambert to let those players rot, not playing and turning their transfer value to zero whilst we also pay their wages? Ok then!

I see you edited out my other point - that this was a group of players that in addition to the known discipline and attitude problems, had won 15 points from their last 20 games. So they were our future were they? Ok then!

What attitude problems? The main issue was the manager that was in charge at the time.

Which of the brilliant players that Lambert bombed-out have gone on to shine elsewhere? None

I'm not claiming they have - but I don't think Warnock, Hutton, Collins, IReland or Bent were the answer either

Are any of our current team showing any better form than the above players you have mentioned.

Let's face it. Lambert hasn't had a hell of a lot of money to work with. Not just talking about transfer fees here. Good players want salaries to match and that is where our problem lies. Our owner wants Michelin starred chefs working for Burger King wages!

Paul Faulkner is just a puppet who does as he's told, which many other folks would do for the money he'll be on.

Lambert's job is to try to get a bunch of player's, that by in large appear to be Championship standard, to play beyond their level. But, are they Championship standard? I mean, Southampton have a squad that came up from the lower levels and have been part of the top half of the table for virtually the whole of the season so far. Is it a case that our players are capable of holding their own in the Premier League but the coaching staff, including Lambert, just aren't using them in the right way?

Whatever the problem is, the table won't lie. We have been played off the park on a few occasions this season and come off it with points. That luck won't last forever and eventually the cream rises to the top. It's the same with relegation battles. You can only avoid the trap door so often before you eventually fall through it.

We have harsh games coming up after the next two. If we don't take at least three points from the next two games we are going to be right in the brown stuff by the end of January. Our March fixtures are horrific too so these next couple of games, together with the fixtures in February, are really going to define our season. We are in desperate need of having Vlaar in the back four for the rest of the season and also, having Benteke in goalscoring form. If they don't happen, we really will be staring down the barrel.

A few factual inaccuracies here...

Lambert has spent c. £40m.

Faulkner is actuallu a damn good CEO one of the few things Lerner had got 100% right. Far too many idiots scapegoat him because they don't understand the role of a CEO.

Southampton have spent a **** ton of money...very few of their 1st team got them promoted. Its a different side.

Apart from that I agree with the Vlaar/Benteke/brown stuff stuff. :thumb:

• Like 1

We haven't exactly taken a forward step with Lambert have we VillaCas. He has done absolutely nothing to deserve the faith you keep showing in him.

Even if you strip it back to basics and what I mean by that is coaching and motivation you cannot say he's improved us. The team is too static, too easily marked and just too bloody predicable to surprise anyone at the moment. Thats not the fault of Lerner or limited funding as any decent player should have the ability to move, pull the opposing team out of position while still finding space if the coaching is of the required standard within a system to suit the players. This comes right down to the manager and his coaching staff and that cannot be defended. 

To be really really clear, I am only a 'fan' of Lambert in the sense that I am willing to back someone for a sustained period of time - It turns out that that someone is Lambert (I wanted Poyet or OGS at the time)

I'm not just being difficult but I can't agree that "any decent player should have the ability to move, pull the opposing team out of position while still finding space if the coaching is of the required standard" nor that "limited funding doesn't come into it".  You get what you pay for and we've paid for £10k a week players - it's no surprise to me that they are unable to outwit £50k a week players. All the coaching in the world can't change that fact

I do agree that we have been 'found out' - teams have discovered how to play against us this season. I also admit that I imagined that we would be better this season - that may still be the case but it doesnt look that way at the moment

We could spend the next week discussing who should have been sold, bought or played but I think we are both pretty clear on each others view

For me I don't really see anyone better out there who could come in and change things round working with the same budget

We passed and moved in our school team many years ago to create space and make it harder for the opposition to mark us. Have you watched Derby lately to use just one example from the Championship?

All players and especially those who have had professional coaching from an early age are able to move to create space as it is a very basic requirement of a professional footballer.

So with all due respect you don't need to be earning 50k a week to know how to do that and it's yet another very poor excuse you have used to defend Lambert with.

If your last experience playing football was in the primary school you're probably a little out of date

It's a lovely thought that plucky underdogs can beat superior players if they stick to the basics but life isnt like that.  Normally if you pay someone a lot more money its becasue they're better at what they do - £10k players don't regualrly outwit £50k players. Derby will find that out if they get promoted

I know you prefer to be confrontational but again you seem to be mixing up reasons and excuses

I'm off out now so wont be around for your witty retorts

Are any of our current team showing any better form than the above players you have mentioned.

No they're equally crap at a fraction of the cost

• Like 1

If your last experience playing football was in the primary school you're probably a little out of date

It's a lovely thought that plucky underdogs can beat superior players if they stick to the basics but life isnt like that.  Normally if you pay someone a lot more money its becasue they're better at what they do - £10k players don't regualrly outwit £50k players. Derby will find that out if they get promoted

I know you prefer to be confrontational but again you seem to be mixing up reasons and excuses

I'm off out now so wont be around for your witty retorts

No they're equally crap at a fraction of the cost

I'm talking in general about players being able to do the basic things right which was the whole point of my post but since you seem to be infatuated with how much a player is earning which then supposedly dictates his abilities to move how much would you say the players at Crystal Palace are earning?

Your other point ' no they're equally crap at a fraction of the cost' is spot on. Yet Lambert has spent another 40m in doing that.

I am sure the guys who want Lambert out will get their wish in the future, I just hope the next manager (victim) is given more than sixteen months to restructure the club. Good luck.

I'm sure if he shows even the remotest aptitude for the job he will be,

I am sure the guys who want Lambert out will get their wish in the future, I just hope the next manager (victim) is given more than sixteen months to restructure the club. Good luck.

Gentleman if Lambert is sacked it won't be due to fan pressure. It will be due to the performances of his team which will trigger that. 

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 2

I'm sure if he shows even the remotest aptitude for the job he will be,

Sure.

Gentleman if Lambert is sacked it won't be due to fan pressure. It will be due to the performances of his team which will trigger that. 

Okay if you believe that.

Did Paul Lambert personally save the lives of a few people on here and they owe him a life-debt? That would be the only way I can begin to fathom such shocking, irrational blind-faith really.

Why should Lambert be sacked..............Because OGS has now quoted he wants to come and manage in England. So how about he comes here and Lambert goes Cardiff. Big gamble but worth taking. Ok OGS is still learning, but Lambert is at the top of his game and still shite. Ive watched Molde a little and he plays very entertaining football, 'very up to date' football, instead of the boring dross we are getting from English managers. A manager from abroad is well worth a punt. People who are saying changing the manager wont make any difference, its because of the Budget blah blah. Well maybe its more because we have got used to having the O'Leary's, O'Neils. McLeish's and our most recent  bore Lambert!

• Like 1

There's isn't a huge amount of fan pressure on Lambert from what I can see, there's hardly much in the way of 'Lambert out' chants at games.

But the fact is the team needs to start performing and picking up points, if they fail to do that immediately he really needs to go.

Our team certainly does lack the fundamentals, there's no real pass and move style there, we don't create the angles for it.

Surely this is something that can be coached to a certain extent? Or is Lambert just satisfied with kick and rush, I also wonder whether they even do set pieces in training.

Okay if you believe that.

Do you seriously believe it will be fan pressure that gets Lambert the sack?

I come at this as someone who desperately wanted Lambert to follow both Houllier and McLeish and still desperately want the guy to succeed. I also believe that most of our woes are down to the owner. I would however need to be totally deluded to believe that the manager is not partially responsible for the tripe we have been served up this season. Which has followed an overall very poor first season which showed some promise towards the end.

If Lambert does get the sack then it won't be down to supporters. They have been far more patient with Lambert than any other manager I can remember in my 30 odd years as a supporter. I think most are like me and understand the constraints he has been working under but you simply can't defend the indefensible and what we have been served up this season in the main is simply unacceptable and if that continues it will be those results and performances that will see him sacked.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

Did Paul Lambert personally save the lives of a few people on here and they owe him a life-debt? That would be the only way I can begin to fathom such shocking, irrational blind-faith really.

Sorry for having an alternative opinion about the situation.

Do you seriously believe it will be fan pressure that gets Lambert the sack?

I come at this as someone who desperately wanted Lambert to follow both Houllier and McLeish and still desperately want the guy to succeed. I also believe that most of our woes are down to the owner  I would however need to be totally deluded to believe that the manager is not partially responsible for the tripe we have been served up this season. Which has followed an overall very poor first season which showed some promise towards the end.

If Lambert does get the sack then it won't be down to supporters. They have been far more patient with Lambert than any other manager I can remember in my 30 odd years as a supporter. I think most are like me and understand the constraints he has been working under but you simply can't defend the indefensible and what we have been served up this season in the main is simply unacceptable and if that continues it will be those results and performances that will see him sacked.

Mark, I have said this many times recently, what do you expect? Given the resources and the quality of player we can currently attract to club, we are positioned IMO in the correct place in the league when everything is considered. I still believe we are going through a bad spell and it is not a true reflection of our ability.