Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

We rode our luck against Man City and Arsenal too, I dont see why you cant see or admit it. Even against Sunderland when they missed from a yard out.

If you think our victories were down to sheer luck and we displayed nothing to attain those wins then you are either deluded or cynical. If you cannot enjoy and appreciate victories then I openly question why you support my team, it is mad. We never had any bad luck go against us I suppose?

Are we a better side than last year with money spent and the answer is no.

Look at the money we did spend and where the players came from. They are all prospects that need time to improve and adjust to this difficult league, it was never going to be instant success and to expect that is unfair.

Tell me what is it about Paul Lambert that makes you think he's good.

I think he deserves the time to sort this out and has proven in the past capable of doing so. Why should PL not get time to rectify results and performances?

I only really take issue with one part of your post. You state that Lambert's signings need time, fair enough. But how much time do we give the likes of Lowton, Clark, Baker, Westwood, KEA, Gabby and Weimann who were, to a man, poor against Palace yesterday. Players that managed to perform to a much higher standard last season. New signings should be given time, which is why I won't criticise the likes of Bacuna, Helenius and Tonev.

However, Lambert has signed a good number of players during his time here. We have to expect better than what we are getting, from everyone at the club.

I'd like us to replace Lambert as I have zero confidence in his managerial ability now. And his coaches are awful too.

f you cannot enjoy and appreciate victories then I openly question why you support my team, it is mad

Surely after that performance you're not going to once again suggest people should support another team because they disagree with you.

If people are going to gloat when we lose and call us lucky for winning games, I will question why they support Aston Villa.

• Like 1

f you cannot enjoy and appreciate victories then I openly question why you support my team, it is mad

Surely after that performance you're not going to once again suggest people should support another team because they disagree with you.

If people are going to gloat when we lose and call us lucky for winning games, I will question why they support Aston Villa.

Who is gloating? And why can't people support the club and give their honest opinion?

We've won 15 times out of 57 games.

While maybe not lucky I think some of our games have been won thanks to a moment of individual brilliance rather than a good performance or good tactics.

Yes he has to go along with the coaches Karsa and Culverhouse. The players look totally unmotivated, there are no coherent tactics or game plan. We have a squad whilst short on quality they are Pro footballers and a proper manager would get so much more from them.

The change can't come quickly enough.

Who do you have in mind who would realistically come in to the financial situation as it is now??

I'd be happy with Jol if he could be tempted.

We rode our luck against Man City and Arsenal too, I dont see why you cant see or admit it. Even against Sunderland when they missed from a yard out.

If you think our victories were down to sheer luck and we displayed nothing to attain those wins then you are either deluded or cynical. If you cannot enjoy and appreciate victories then I openly question why you support my team, it is mad. We never had any bad luck go against us I suppose?

Are we a better side than last year with money spent and the answer is no.

Look at the money we did spend and where the players came from. They are all prospects that need time to improve and adjust to this difficult league, it was never going to be instant success and to expect that is unfair.

Tell me what is it about Paul Lambert that makes you think he's good.

I think he deserves the time to sort this out and has proven in the past capable of doing so. Why should PL not get time to rectify results and performances? 

And you are either deluded or blind that you cant see we did ride our luck in those games. Not once did I say we didnt display anything to attain the result nor did I say it was sheer luck, nor did I say I didn't enjoy the victories, but you read what you want safe in the knowledge you're the better fan than I, congrats. How's the tennis elbow?

15 wins out of 57. Some of the worst football I've ever seen. Poor tactics. Poor motivation. Poor subs. Most long balls played. Most time spent in our own half than any team. Least possession bar Palace. Least amount of passes bar Palace. No goals in the first half at home. There's lots more. Oh my days its absolutely dire but yeah lest give him time and another £20m for players not to be used.

• Like 1

This is for another thread but Lowton etc on 25k plus.

Lowton is on less than £10k, as are most of the PL signings

Once Lambert is spending proper money on proper players all bets are off and I'll criticise him with the rest - but until that time I'm continuing to support him as no-one has yet provided a viable alternative

Viable alternatives have been mentioned you just haven't read them.

I only really take issue with one part of your post. You state that Lambert's signings need time, fair enough. But how much time do we give the likes of Lowton, Clark, Baker, Westwood, KEA, Gabby and Weimann who were, to a man, poor against Palace yesterday. Players that managed to perform to a much higher standard last season. New signings should be given time, which is why I won't criticise the likes of Bacuna, Helenius and Tonev.

However, Lambert has signed a good number of players during his time here. We have to expect better than what we are getting, from everyone at the club.

I'd like us to replace Lambert as I have zero confidence in his managerial ability now. And his coaches are awful too. 

I agree things need to improve and confidence needs to return. But you are not the finished article after one season and a few months playing at the top level.

We can all agree the current crop of players aren't the best but why all this counter attacking bollox mix it up go back to basics 4-4-2 with width especially at home counter away by all means Bennett Luna FFs that's not good scouting at all whoever put these too up want sacking

Our best possible team bar injuries

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar. Okore. Clark

Albrighton. Westwood delph. Zog

Benteke. Gabby

Think about it that team ain't that bad

Width pace plus if we bought in better wingers bent would be better lol

Thoughts

Once Lambert is spending proper money on proper players all bets are off and I'll criticise him with the rest - but until that time I'm continuing to support him as no-one has yet provided a viable alternative

Viable alternatives have been mentioned you just haven't read them.

Who has been suggested? Seriously?

Someone just suggest Jol, who had a far better resources and took Fulham to rock bottom - I really don't see how that could be better

Look at the managers around us and those recently sacked - Hughes, Bruce, Houghton, Poyet, Laudrup, Alladyce, Clarke, Poyet, Di Canio, Pulis, Jol, Mullensteen. I honestly can't see any of them doing better and I could imagine a lot of them doing worse (as they are doing currently with there far better finainced teams)

I don't yet know if Lambert is any good or not until I see what he does with some decent finance, however I still feel that sacking him and bringing in a Jol or similar would be a backward step

• Like 2

He has been an absolute disaster and does not deserve to be given any more time. He has broken record after record of poor results and stats.

Bombed out perfectly good players because of their wages and the replacements have been mostly inferior to what he left rotting in the reserves.

His "young and hungry" philosophy is clearing failing as apart from couple none of them have looked remotely interested in recent weeks.

And you are either deluded or blind that you cant see we did ride our luck in those games. Not once did I say we didnt display anything to attain the result nor did I say it was sheer luck, nor did I say I didn't enjoy the victories, but you read what you want safe in the knowledge you're the better fan than I, congrats. How's the tennis elbow?

And we never have any luck go against us? Now you are being reasonable at least. Better fan? Do not start with that rubbish.

15 wins out of 57. Some of the worst football I've ever seen. Poor tactics. Poor motivation. Poor subs. Most long balls played. Most time spent in our own half than any team. Least possession bar Palace. Least amount of passes bar Palace. No goals in the first half at home. There's lots more. 

What do you expect or want from this team? Get your head out of your arse for a moment.

We win games we are lucky, we lose games we are worst team ever. What enjoyment do you get out of thinking like that?

He has been an absolute disaster and does not deserve to be given any more time. He has broken record after record of poor results and stats.

Bombed out perfectly good players because of their wages and the replacements have been mostly inferior to what he left rotting in the reserves.

His "young and hungry" philosophy is clearing failing as apart from couple none of them have looked remotely interested in recent weeks.

Firstly, this was a set of perfectly good players who took 15 points from their last 19 games. We're shit now but we've already bettered that

Secondly, it's Lerner who sets the financial agenda, not Lambert

• Like 1

And we never have any luck go against us? Now you are being reasonable at least. Better fan? Do not start with that rubbish.

15 wins out of 57. Some of the worst football I've ever seen. Poor tactics. Poor motivation. Poor subs. Most long balls played. Most time spent in our own half than any team. Least possession bar Palace. Least amount of passes bar Palace. No goals in the first half at home. There's lots more. 

What do you expect or want from this team? Get your head out of your arse for a moment.

We win games we are lucky, we lose games we are worst team ever. What enjoyment do you get out of thinking like that?

Think the kids would use LOL as a reply to this.

You are the one that questioned me and why I support the Villa

I dont think like this, I have just given you some facts as to why we are poor. These facts and the football I am witnessing do not give me enjoyment. 

Perhaps you should take your head out of your arse then you'd be able to read what is actually written on the screen in front of you so dont have to keep making stupid assumptions and conclusions.

I understand that for some of us, our passion for Villa causes us to be vocal and angry when something is clearly wrong. I also understand that for some of us, our passion for Villa causes us to be "loyal" to everyone involved and look for positives.

I wish we spent less time trying to convince the other that their preferred method of supporting the club is the wrong way and "you" are either less of a supporter, or less aware of the obvious.

• Like 1

I don't believe that for one solitary second. He's have been on that in the second division.