Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

He has been an absolute disaster and does not deserve to be given any more time. He has broken record after record of poor results and stats.Bombed out perfectly good players because of their wages and the replacements have been mostly inferior to what he left rotting in the reserves.

His "young and hungry" philosophy is clearing failing as apart from couple none of them have looked remotely interested in recent weeks.

Secondly, it's Lerner who sets the financial agenda, not Lambert

So RL told Lambert to let those players rot, not playing and turning their transfer value to zero whilst we also pay their wages? Ok then!

Let's face it. Lambert hasn't had a hell of a lot of money to work with. Not just talking about transfer fees here. Good players want salaries to match and that is where our problem lies. Our owner wants Michelin starred chefs working for Burger King wages!

Paul Faulkner is just a puppet who does as he's told, which many other folks would do for the money he'll be on.

Lambert's job is to try to get a bunch of player's, that by in large appear to be Championship standard, to play beyond their level. But, are they Championship standard? I mean, Southampton have a squad that came up from the lower levels and have been part of the top half of the table for virtually the whole of the season so far. Is it a case that our players are capable of holding their own in the Premier League but the coaching staff, including Lambert, just aren't using them in the right way?

Whatever the problem is, the table won't lie. We have been played off the park on a few occasions this season and come off it with points. That luck won't last forever and eventually the cream rises to the top. It's the same with relegation battles. You can only avoid the trap door so often before you eventually fall through it.

We have harsh games coming up after the next two. If we don't take at least three points from the next two games we are going to be right in the brown stuff by the end of January. Our March fixtures are horrific too so these next couple of games, together with the fixtures in February, are really going to define our season. We are in desperate need of having Vlaar in the back four for the rest of the season and also, having Benteke in goalscoring form. If they don't happen, we really will be staring down the barrel.

Southampton spent £40m on three players in the summer - as much as we spent on 16. Add to that the best Academy in the league - really its ludicrous that they are only 8 points better than us. Southampton are now in a different league to us financially

We should forget about Southampton anyway - along with the big six plus Everton and Newcastle they may as well be in a different division

Sadly, we are in a mini-league of 11. We are on a par with Stoke, Hull, Albion, Fulham, Palace, Swansea, Sunderland, WHU, Cardiff and Norwich. We're all run-of-the-mill and there is hardly anything to choose between us. With a full strength team and a bit of good luck we can beat these team, with a few injuries and a bit of bad luck we will lose. With Benteke and Vlaar back I think we will remain 10th-12th, without them we will be further down

At the moment it is impossible to know what kind of manager Lambert will turn out to be - if we avoid relegation next season will start to answer that.

We need a couple of quality players in the window but it's highly unlikely that we will get them

He has been an absolute disaster and does not deserve to be given any more time. He has broken record after record of poor results and stats.Bombed out perfectly good players because of their wages and the replacements have been mostly inferior to what he left rotting in the reserves.

His "young and hungry" philosophy is clearing failing as apart from couple none of them have looked remotely interested in recent weeks.

So RL told Lambert to let those players rot, not playing and turning their transfer value to zero whilst we also pay their wages? Ok then!

I see you edited out my other point - that this was a group of players that in addition to the known discipline and attitude problems, had won 15 points from their last 20 games. So they were our future were they? Ok then!

I've reflected on it all day, and i'm afraid the more i look at it the more i am convinced that we will get relegated if we keep PL.

Y'day was the final straw for me, in the last few weeks we have played 3 teams in the bottom 3, we have not scored any goals in those games, hardly created any chances, and the standard of play has been atrocious, the quality of play inept, and the use of tactics non-existant .FBs who don't push up and support the attack like most teams, midfielders who have'nt got a creative pass in them, forwards who don't seem to understand how to make runs off the ball, and lack a decent touch between them.The whole side is an absolute shambles and PL has to take all the blame.Its no good complaining about lack of funds, he has had £40m, and spent it poorly, we are in a worse situation than when he took over, he seems reluctant to buy a big player or spend any decent money, his purchase of Kozak was completely unnecessary bearing in mind we needed at least 1 good quality midfielder, Gabby and Weimann have no competition, and play like it, he thinks Westwood is a "key player", when he is half the problem, he failed to get any experienced players in, the list in endless.

At the start of the season i was optimistic.Wins at Arse, and good performance at Chelsk, showed me a team playing with high energy,closing down high up the pitch, and then breaking quickly and with support, Benteke scored what 4 in 5?.Then what happened the energy went out the team, and we started to struggle, worst still he had no plan for playing at home, hence we have , not only a desperate home record, but also unbelievably low possession rates at home matches.....6 goals in home games this season, and 3 of them against Citeeeh.

Unacceptable, the worst Villa team i have seen in 30 years, time to go PL, thanks for trying but hes just not up to it.I want him gone now, i have no malice to him, but he will take us down

• Like 2

When you start blaming the fans for the home form, which is more or less what he's getting at, there's a lot of little jabs in those quotes; then it will only end badly. It's also absolute crap, our home form is shit because our only weapon is our pace on the break. It's the only tactic we have and it simply doesn't work at home, it's really that simple. 

It's a miracle we still get such high gates at home, the support has been great, imo. 

Edited by nobler
  • Like 3

When you start blaming the fans for the home form, which is more or less what he's getting at, there's a lot of little jabs in those quotes; then it will only end badly. It's also absolute crap, our home form is shit because our only weapon is our pace on the break. It's the only tactic we have and it simply doesn't work at home, it's really that simple. 

It's a miracle we still get such high gates at home, the support has been great, imo. 

He's not blaming the fans? He's saying he understands the frustration and that when you are under pressure it can be a difficult environment for young players to operate in, but that they won't hide

• Like 1

I see you edited out my other point - that this was a group of players that in addition to the known discipline and attitude problems, had won 15 points from their last 20 games. So they were our future were they? Ok then!

What attitude problems? The main issue was the manager that was in charge at the time.

The only future the current crop will give us is relegation.

What attitude problems? The main issue was the manager that was in charge at the time.

Collins, Dunne, Ireland, Zog and eventually Bent, all poor attitudes

Which of the brilliant players that Lambert bombed-out have gone on to shine elsewhere? None

Edited by VillaCas
  • Like 1

Lerner is not going to identify and then attract a manager capable of turning us into a mid table team on this budget.

We all know this, so what is the point in sacking the manager we have?

Because the one we have now is going to relegate us. So it's either try, or accept.
Well, I recon we will be worse off with Lerner's next attempt at a manager. The guy won't get a January budget to overhaul Lambert's team and he won't have a preseason to work with Lambert's players.

We avoided the drop last season under Lambert and I think we will do it again this year. We will get more results when Vlaar and Benteke are fit and these will be enough to stay ahead of at least three of the rubbish sides at the bottom.

For those reasons we need a tactical mind, one with the ability to organise a team on match day.

Steve Clarke is available. I'm not a big fan, he's not a manager. But right now we don't need a "manager". We need a bloody good coach.

Why would taking Albion to below us in the table be a recommendation? About as sensible a suggestion as Jol

Because unlike ourselves their performances did not necessarily equate to their results. They were/are on the verge of turning things around. We look to be going in the opposite direction. 

He's not blaming the fans? He's saying he understands the frustration and that when you are under pressure it can be a difficult environment for young players to operate in, but that they won't hide

It's not just this quote, although he does say 'It's probably not helping in terms of us trying to play our game at certain times' and 'the lads are edgy' in this one, there have been a few subtle jabs recently. Why even mention it? We also saw a similar thing with McLeish too. 

• Like 1

This is for another thread but Lowton etc on 25k plus.

Lowton is on less than £10k, as are most of the PL signings

Once Lambert is spending proper money on proper players all bets are off and I'll criticise him with the rest - but until that time I'm continuing to support him as no-one has yet provided a viable alternative

Viable alternatives have been mentioned you just haven't read them.

Who has been suggested? Seriously?

Someone just suggest Jol, who had a far better resources and took Fulham to rock bottom - I really don't see how that could be better

Look at the managers around us and those recently sacked - Hughes, Bruce, Houghton, Poyet, Laudrup, Alladyce, Clarke, Poyet, Di Canio, Pulis, Jol, Mullensteen. I honestly can't see any of them doing better and I could imagine a lot of them doing worse (as they are doing currently with there far better finainced teams)

I don't yet know if Lambert is any good or not until I see what he does with some decent finance, however I still feel that sacking him and bringing in a Jol or similar would be a backward step

We haven't exactly taken a forward step with Lambert have we VillaCas. He has done absolutely nothing to deserve the faith you keep showing in him.

Even if you strip it back to basics and what I mean by that is coaching and motivation you cannot say he's improved us. The team is too static, too easily marked and just too bloody predicable to surprise anyone at the moment. Thats not the fault of Lerner or limited funding as any decent player should have the ability to move, pull the opposing team out of position while still finding space if the coaching is of the required standard within a system to suit the players. This comes right down to the manager and his coaching staff and that cannot be defended. 

• Like 1

It's not just this quote, although he does say 'It's probably not helping in terms of us trying to play our game at certain times' and 'the lads are edgy' in this one, there have been a few subtle jabs recently. Why even mention it? We also saw a similar thing with McLeish too. 

And most recently - from Villas-Boas.

Collins, Dunne, Ireland, Zog and eventually Bent, all poor attitudes

Which of the brilliant players that Lambert bombed-out have gone on to shine elsewhere? None

Which Lambert signing has shone this season?

Edited by Morpheus

We haven't exactly taken a forward step with Lambert have we VillaCas. He has done absolutely nothing to deserve the faith you keep showing in him.

Even if you strip it back to basics and what I mean by that is coaching and motivation you cannot say he's improved us. The team is too static, too easily marked and just too bloody predicable to surprise anyone at the moment. Thats not the fault of Lerner or limited funding as any decent player should have the ability to move, pull the opposing team out of position while still finding space if the coaching is of the required standard within a system to suit the players. This comes right down to the manager and his coaching staff and that cannot be defended. 

To be really really clear, I am only a 'fan' of Lambert in the sense that I am willing to back someone for a sustained period of time - It turns out that that someone is Lambert (I wanted Poyet or OGS at the time)

I'm not just being difficult but I can't agree that "any decent player should have the ability to move, pull the opposing team out of position while still finding space if the coaching is of the required standard" nor that "limited funding doesn't come into it".  You get what you pay for and we've paid for £10k a week players - it's no surprise to me that they are unable to outwit £50k a week players. All the coaching in the world can't change that fact

I do agree that we have been 'found out' - teams have discovered how to play against us this season. I also admit that I imagined that we would be better this season - that may still be the case but it doesnt look that way at the moment

We could spend the next week discussing who should have been sold, bought or played but I think we are both pretty clear on each others view

For me I don't really see anyone better out there who could come in and change things round working with the same budget

A season and a half of watching his clueless rubbish tells me exactly what sort of manager he is.

What's that then? Best manager in thirty years?*

*As long as you're not including Barton, Taylor, BFR, Little, Gregory, MON**

**And Turner, McNeil, Venglos, DOL, Houllier, and McLeish.

Other than that though :thumb: