• Baker
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Kozák
    • Weimann
    • Tonev
    • Bowery (for Tonev 67)
    • Bacuna (for Albrighton 81)

Our possession is woeful. There is a real lack ofmovement. No creativity. No energy. We don't go hunting in pairs or close down opposition. You defend from the front and and we don't do that. Teams have found us out from an attacking point of view and now have no fear when attacking us. Lambert doesn't seem to have a clue how to rectify that with the squad he has built. i presumed he brought the players in the summer he did so that the squad could cope with injuries or lack of form, but he has bought such seemingly poor quality that the squad is worse and he has zero idea of how to change things. For such a 'young' squad I've seen more get up and go from the chelsea pensioners!?

Edited by stewiek2

Stefan I am here, thanks for the concern. Around xmas time some of the grown ups have a few things to do which means we cant be in VT all of the time. I notice you still haven't answered the point that Risso raised so we can leave it for others to work out what your motives and views are.

Re Lambert its becoming interesting the increase in numbers that are now questioning his abilities and general performance to date. So many of the Villa forums, twitter, facebook etc are more littered with people who are less than happy with Lambert. The usual answer of 'oh its Lerner' is nothing more than a deflection because we all know what Randy is doing is not ideal. But we have to look at what Lambert has direct influence over, and that is the style of playing, tactics, results, playing staff etc and even his biggest fan must find it difficult now to not question if he is actually up to the job.

As said previously do many painful similarities with the Billy McBingo days at the moment. Lets hope all improves

Now that teams know just to sit deep against us, it is the managers job to prove his worth and get this bunch of individuals to try and do the basics in the game. Most cannot trap or deal comfortably with a ball,  all just resort to panic mode and hoof the ball straight to an opponent, who knows what is happening on the training ground because nothing improves and the same senseless fouls are seen time and time again only for us to be punished by a useless stoke side that should be put to the sword.The lack of discipline in the side is beyond belief and putting the team first is not even on the agenda, we all know most of these players are not premiership quality and are well out of there league, but just do the simple stuff well, cut out the naivety and grow up as a unit . The management and coaches are failing to stop the endless yellow cards for stupid tackles by reckless boys and bring some maturity to our play and therefore keep our small squad on the pitch longer. They are all Gumps  and we are going nowhere.

Lambert's hardly had a lot of money to work with and he didn't inherit a great squad either. He's not entirely to blame.

Yes, but we can't even do the basic things. We can't pass the ball, we can't create, we can't defend. That is entirely the manager's fault. They are professional footballers, a half decent manager would have them doing the basics properly. This is the Premier League, don't forget. These players are meant to have some talent, and they sure as hell know how to pass a ball or make a tackle, but you wouldn't think it.

We're so easy to play against, and that, I'm afraid, is utterly Lambert's fault.

• Like 2

And remember Lambert had only 1 season of managing in the top flight before joining us. A lot of managers can have 1 promising season, it doesn't mean that they are any good.  George Burley got Ipswich to 5th in his first year in the premier league for example.  Paul Jewell.  Owen Coyle, there are plenty of examples.I thought that maybe Lambert had had the diffcult first season and we would be picking up now. The past 3 defeats has put everything back about 6 months for me. Palace is must win now.

• Like 2

Look Morpheus, no one gives a **** about Berbatov or Adam.

The fact that Lerner has put us in a position where we wouldn't even be able to try and get those players is a joke.

Lerner. Invest or **** off!

To be fair I wouldn't want us to be in for either of those players - they're just not value for money. I agree that Lambert needs more backing though.

How are our value for money players doing this season?

What's that got to do with Berbatov and Adam?

Too many players that aren't Premier League players

----------------Guzan-------------------

New player-Vlaar---Okore--New Player

-------Delph--New Player--New Player---

Albrighton-----------------------Gabby

------------------Benteke---------------------

Like Helenius, I think Okore is rather over-rated. He is not that good. Neither can he actually play that position. He is firmly on the right side of two CBs. Vlaar will (when playing with Okore) have to move to the left and as we saw with the 3 games earlier in the season, they looked fragile and unstable together. Also 3 losses btw.

Vlaar + Clark is our best pairing for me.

I'd love to be proven wrong about Okore, but imho he is far from being a new Martin Laursen.

I asked Risso a question. Not the other way around.

If I'd had written 'Risso you are talking nonsense, mcleish was way worse than lambert' then if agree. I would need to justify my position. However, I asked the question of Risso so I don't need to explain myself.

Wen you were eager to jump in and accuse me of trolling then you were replying instantly and then I justified myself and you disappeared. It certainly looked that way so I apologise if this wasn't the case.

Let's see if you apologise for the POP jibe.

Edited by StefanAVFC

When a manager starts getting delusional about results, like in the post match interview today, its all over for me. Like its been said Lambert cannot organise, discipline or even motivate the team at the moment. This my fellow fans has fu** all to do with Lerner!!

• Like 1

Look Morpheus, no one gives a **** about Berbatov or Adam.

The fact that Lerner has put us in a position where we wouldn't even be able to try and get those players is a joke.

Lerner. Invest or **** off!

To be fair I wouldn't want us to be in for either of those players - they're just not value for money. I agree that Lambert needs more backing though.

How are our value for money players doing this season?

What's that got to do with Berbatov and Adam?

Answer the question. How have our value for money players been doing this season?

I haven't posted on here for a while and I must say the amount of childish posts on this thread is staggering. People only interested in point scoring, belittling other posters, deliberately winding up others, carrying on 'grudges' that date back years, insults, people getting far too defensive - a lot of you need to grow up and realise that everyone has different opinions when it comes to football.

Right, back on topic. I've really tried to back Lambert since he came to the club and I realise there are bigger problems than him (Randy Lerner, to name but one). I also despise this managerial merry-go-round we have nowadays. Stability builds success, I fully agree with that sentiment. However, I'm very close to losing my patience with Paul Lambert now. He goes on about his "project" and how it is still early days but I'm sorry, I just don't see what he is trying to build and because of that I don't buy the excuse about timescales. Newcastle bought loads of new players last season and, at first, they struggled to settle. But this season Pardew now knows what his best team is and is playing a regular, consistent system and it is working for them. What is Lambert's aim with this "project"? I thought, initially, it was about bringing talented youngsters through who fought for the shirt and wanted to play football in the way it should be played. What I actually see at present, this far down the line, is a team littered with inexperienced players not up to the standard of the Premier League, not putting in 100% effort and not able to do the very basics in football such as passing and moving. We just simply have no style, no shape, and seemingly no strategy under Lambert and as many have said we appear to have gone backwards from the end of last season. I would bemoan the fact that we haven't got a Plan B if it weren't for the fact that I don't think we even have a Plan A.

Yes, the restructuring of the club and the small finances now available to Lambert have undoubtedly hindered him. But, that said, I still think his transfer market dealings have been both hugely disappointing and, in many ways, perplexing. Why buy Helenius and Kozak, two players of the exact nature, when we desperately needed a creative midfielder and further cover in defence? Why buy players like Bowery when blooding someone like Jack Grealish would seem the far more logical step? When he discovered Benteke it gave many of us hope that he had the eye for a good, bargain signing but players like Bowery, Luna, KEA, Westwood, Tonez, Helenius etc now maybe suggest the Benteke capture was a fluke. The players I've just mentioned are simply not good enough for a solid, mid-table Premier League side and some would struggle to cut it in the Championship.

Paul Lambert has already proven himself to be very stubborn, emphasised none more so than with his numerous falling outs with high profile players at the Villa. And I think it is this stubbornness which winds the Villa fans up with his boring, lifeless, nondescript post and pre-match interviews. He uses buzzwords and meaningless rhetoric which leaves fans such as me wondering whether he can really see the weaknesses in this team, or whether he just cannot see past this stubborn facade which has unnerving similarities to that of Martin O'Neill. Nobody wants him to publicly critisise the players a la Di Canio, yet plenty of managers manage to be full and frank in their assessment of performances and consistently telling us we were "excellent" when we clearly weren't is just fueling the fire I'm afraid. On the one hand, I thought one of the 'key criteria' of the PL project was to have the fans considerations at its heart and to create a good rapport between manager, fans and players, rather like his Borussia Dortmund side. And yet, by never holding his hands up and saying "we weren't at the races today. I'm not a happy man etc" he just loses any rapport with me and many others as I just find him unwilling to accept where we have gone wrong.

I think we've had more than our fair share of luck this season and (with the recent injuries) that luck is beginning to wear out. Today at Stoke, they were pretty bad but we were just worse and that is quite worrying. Generally, far too many players are either out-of-form or not up to standard at the minute and I'm struggling to take any positives from the Lambert regime, much as I'd like to. After the McLeish debacle, everybody was delighted to welcome Paul to the club and I think that naturally bought him some extra time and patience from the fans. But I have to admit to being pretty damn disappointed with where we are as a team now, some of the signings he has made, and some of the decisions he has made both on and off the pitch. From where I watch the games, we are not any further forward than we were under AMC and the football is almost as uninspiring.

The next three games over Christmas and New Year are massive for us and will probably go along way to me personally deciding where I stand with him. I think many fans share these similar views: I want to like him, and do still back him and the team, but when you look at the facts and the apathy around the club, it tells a different story...

I'm sure many will disagree with this assessment and that is completely fair enough, but it's where I stand at the moment.

well written post.

I too want to support him and still do, but my doubts are building rapidly...I just about endorse this post word for word unfortunately.

There are a number of similarities to the Martin O'Neill tenure and for me that is worrying.

My suspicion is if we get beat at home to Crystal Palace you will see the fans turn against him....he needs a few rabbits from somewhere.

Edited by TRO

When a manager starts getting delusional about results, like in the post match interview today, its all over for me. Like its been said Lambert cannot organise, discipline or even motivate the team at the moment. This my fellow fans has fu** all to do with Lerner!!

Thats exactly my thoughts, I have a real worry for Paul Lambert....i sincerely hope he comes through it, but have my doubts.

Answer the question. How have our value for money players been doing this season?

It's already been answered by somebody else - they're doing exactly what you'd expect from budget players.

It's completely irrelevant to Adam and Berbatov - both of whom are on wages way more than they're worth.

Â