• Baker
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Kozák
    • Weimann
    • Tonev
    • Bowery (for Tonev 67)
    • Bacuna (for Albrighton 81)

I can't even be bothered to offer a full analysis and today's lacklustre performance, despite the referee being absolutely appalling, Lambert out.

Bringing on Bowery resulted in me spitting my beer out in astonishment.  

Watching MOTD, Baker has been pathetic lately.

Edited by Avflife

My main concern is that without the wins we flunked against Cit£h and Arsenal, we'd be on 13 points...in a relegation battle after 50% of the season (-1 game)...

With this is mind, we would finish on 32 points as you couldn't count on the Arsenal and Cit£h points again...

Of course it's all if and maybes but if we have our heads above water due to 2 freak results (3 if you count Southampton) how are going to cope in the 2ndhalf of the season.

My faith in Lambert is wearing very thin, we look bloody awful. At least with Eck we were solid at the back, we just couldn't (did play to) score. Under Lambert we can't score, our midfield (Delph aside) are crap and the defence is like watching a circus act. If we lose to Palace and Swansea, we need to change manager or personnel.

I still don't blame Lerner, we're still losing millions, how could he sanction more spending?!

• Like 1

I said it earlier today on one of the threads and I will stand by it. Baker is not a top flight player. I know we all like to see the youth promoted and given a go but he has played over 50 times for the villa and still makes basic errors nearly every match he starts. Today was awful but come on Lambert is no McClueless.I still have some faith in him but we need some results to stop this slide becoming crap winter version 2.0.

My main concern is that without the wins we flunked against Cit£h and Arsenal, we'd be on 13 points...in a relegation battle after 50% of the season (-1 game)...

With this is mind, we would finish on 32 points as you couldn't count on the Arsenal and Cit£h points again...

That's neither here nor there - we won both of those games. You can't not count them just because they could be seen as "lucky".

Now that teams know just to sit deep against us, it is the managers job to prove his worth and get this bunch of individuals to try and do the basics in the game. Most cannot trap or deal comfortably with a ball,  all just resort to panic mode and hoof the ball straight to an opponent, who knows what is happening on the training ground because nothing improves and the same senseless fouls are seen time and time again only for us to be punished by a useless stoke side that should be put to the sword.The lack of discipline in the side is beyond belief and putting the team first is not even on the agenda, we all know most of these players are not premiership quality and are well out of there league, but just do the simple stuff well, cut out the naivety and grow up as a unit . The management and coaches are failing to stop the endless yellow cards for stupid tackles by reckless boys and bring some maturity to our play and therefore keep our small squad on the pitch longer. They are all Gumps  and we are going nowhere.

Great post, sums up exactly what I have been saying.

HH I think your a thoroughly decent man and thank you for your positive slant on things, ones I really want to believe ....you may be right and that there are more things wrong that are conspiring against the manager and its easy for folk like me to be critical, when i could not come near to doing his job.

However, I have been a Villa Fan for over 50 years and I have seen the signs before of managers in similar situations to Paul Lambert....I don't think its looking good.

My heart tells me to believe all what you are saying and that he will come through all of this and that jam tomorrow is a sound realisation, but my Head argues and tells me to believe what I am seeing rather than hearing.

Right now, I see a team devoid of any cohesion, stability or method.I also think it is starting to effect the effort that Paul Lambert insists that is still there when there is clear evidence that it is highly questionable.

I have a reluctance to part with the manager mainly because I am unsure that the powers that be have the ability to appoint one any better....but make no mistake, I have seen Villa Managers dispensed with who have a far better record than Paul Lambert.

Furthermore, I am always highly suspicious of managers who choose not to defend themselves with plausible reasons and valid rationale as to why we have suddenly plundered our marginal progress in to a downward spiral. Do they feel "holier than thou" that a bit of courteous explanation would be appreciated by a discerning football crowd, because by reiterating bland non-descript after match comments that in some cases insult the intelligence of the crowd is not helping him.

He needs every bit of help he can get right now and that " go again" similar to David O'Leary's " honest bunch of lads" is wearing thin.He isn't exactly a media darling so he won't get much help from them

Paul Lambert has an obligation to motivate the players to the best of his ability, but he needs to balance that by speaking to the fans in a language they too understand honesty and openness.

We know we are in trouble and it didn't just take these last 3 defeats to make it so blindly obvious....its been coming.

its all very well saying we must stick together and all those kind of Superlatives that generate pressure off....we need some honest answers from Villa Park, what the hell is going on.

A lot of good points. Give it a wee bit more time.

fingers firmly crossed

• Like 1

Just wish we took note of the Southampton model who after only 2 seasons have surpassed us by far.

We have arguably/apparently one of the best group of youngsters in Europe (our tournament win in the european youth cup last season suggests they aint bad).

Rather then spending £3 million here, £3 million there on shite squad players like tonev, helenius, bacuna etc why cant we promote some of the most talented kids into the team as squad players and gradually integrate them into the team and spend the £15 million on 2 quality experienced players rather then £15 million on 5-6 cheap, unproven frankly average to awful squad players and take note of the model that is proving successful for Southampton. I doubt our young kids will make worse squad players then the likes of bowery, tonev, bacuna and the awful Luna. Tonev better then Grealish?!?! Not a chance. Tonev has to be the most unintelligent, selfish, woeful player ive seen on the evidence so far.

Lambert isnt the man im afraid. But its the wrong time to sake him now as quite frankly who else is out there. Malkay mackay maybe...ogs is unproven, RDM is a big no for me, Sean Dyche is not experienced enough. Frankly at this moment there is no one. But we need to make more of a low budget. He got lucky with Benteke. He aint going to be lucky like that again.

W.A.G.E.S

It doesn't really look like there isn't any money at all to buy players as we've paid £7 million each for Benteke and Kozak. If we add £3 million here and there from all the other nothing players then we will easily have our £15 million.

The problem appears that we seem to want to pay each of our few players maybe 10 or 20K a week, which adds up to maybe 50 or 60K a week. 

The quality player we get for £15 million would easily command more than that alone and that could be the reason. Then again 60K per week should be able to net you quite a good player so the current system definitely needs looking into.

Utter garbage as per normal, this is happening week in week out and has been for too many years now.

It the same useless owner with the same type of brain dead mangers that are killing our club, time will do little except prove to make things worse imo. We survive in the Premier League only because there are a few clubs worse than Villa but that will change as this squad is devoid of any real talent.

For me one of the worse thing now is that we have stopped bringing the youngster through and have brought dross in from Europe (i.e Tonev who has to be one of the worst players I have ever seen). At least before I felt proud that Villa at least tried to bring home grown players through. Now we are just like the Wigans, cheap but not cheerful.

Merry Christmas lads and lasses, Villa might be getting me down but at least our English cricketers are doing us proud in Aus.......................oh bugga hahahaha

One redeeming factor is that if Benteke wasn't going through his poor form and Wiemann hadn't become useless over the summer, I do think we would be talking about this differently.

Last season, we were awful, BUT, Benteke and Wiemann scored goals. This season, the 1 goal losses could have been draws and the draws could've been wins. Even with an extra 3 points it makes thing look a little rosier.

The fact that it's nearly 3 months since either of them has played well, or that we haven't got anyone who can step up, does land at Lambert's door...he is the manager, it's his job to get the best out of his players.

Answer the question. How have our value for money players been doing this season?

It's already been answered by somebody else - they're doing exactly what you'd expect from budget players.

It's completely irrelevant to Adam and Berbatov - both of whom are on wages way more than they're worth.

So the usual then. Not able to answer the question and then trying to move the goalposts. The question was totally relevant as it referred to part of your reply to the poster.

Look Morpheus, no one gives a **** about Berbatov or Adam.

The fact that Lerner has put us in a position where we wouldn't even be able to try and get those players is a joke.

Lerner. Invest or **** off!

To be fair I wouldn't want us to be in for either of those players - they're just not value for money. I agree that Lambert needs more backing though.

How are our value for money players doing this season?

What's that got to do with Berbatov and Adam?

For reference.

Hairy hands and TRO have both got some great points across . I'm not into knee jerk changing of managers as what happened in smethwick last week but I have some real concerns about lambert. Next 2 games are massive for the club and lambert. If we were to lose them both he's a gonner. It just cannot continue like this.

• Like 1

Hairy hands and TRO have both got some great points across . I'm not into knee jerk changing of managers as what happened in smethwick last week but I have some real concerns about lambert. Next 2 games are massive for the club and lambert. If we were to lose them both he's a gonner. It just cannot continue like this.

I would agree with that. if we rack up another two home losses I think he will have nowhere to hide and the fans will have well and truly turned and I think it will get ugly.

I doubt he would lose his job and I am not calling for him to go (yet) not least because I have no idea who could replace him or more importantly who would want what is clearly a poisoned chalice now. I doubt there are many managers who would want to work for Lerner.

I really hope I am wrong but the way it seems to me at the moment is we have a manager who is comprehensively out of his depth in every department.

Â