• Baker
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Kozák
    • Weimann
    • Tonev
    • Bowery (for Tonev 67)
    • Bacuna (for Albrighton 81)

Just do the decent thing and go. In any other line of work the man would be asked to go. Typical attitude if anyone involved in pro football. Rather be sacked and get £££ than do the right thing.

Thought we outplayed Stoke in the first half without ever looking like scoring but second half a couple of old heads made all the difference.

We are a bunch of relatively inexperienced kids who DESPERATELY need a couple of experienced players, particularly in midfield. Unfortunately, I suspect Lambert will buy more kids in January and so it goes on ...... and on .......... and on !

Just do the decent thing and go. In any other line of work the man would be asked to go. Typical attitude if anyone involved in pro football. Rather be sacked and get £££ than do the right thing.

And we ask again. What then?

55 games in charge, 15 wins.

and there ladies and gentlemen is one of the most damning indications of lambert

Not really!

at least say why you disagree?

Because he's had to cut the wage bill dramatically while rebuilding the side on a low budget. Its not just about how many games we have won! Anyway its all been discussed before.. Performances aren't good but we are still 6 points outside the relegation zone. 

If that was true then there would of been a few more clubs looking for new managers right now.

"The players gave their all today, I can't fault their effort. It's a tough time for us at the moment but the players are giving their all; so we go again."

I'm pretty sure this is the crap we'll be fed.

Well what is he going to say- 'they are a steaming pile of shit, I wish I stayed in Norwich, we have no money'?!
He could give better analysis of the game instead of having a pre-made script that he reels off every week. Just give us a bit more insight into his thoughts, be a little more trueful. If the players didn't give their all, you really don't need to say that they did.
You mean like di canio did?
No Di Canio was a moron that crucified and embarrassed his players to the press. Do you really think he can't assess the game better in his post match interviews? Rights, wrongs, things to address and improve I'd like to hear a bit more than he pre-made script that's all. Just a little more insight.

It doesn't bother me. I'd rather he did that behind closed doors.

Don't you just feel like you need a few answers though, I know nothing changes really with press interviews but Lambert could do himself a favour with the fans, I think by being a little more honest and giving a post mortem of the game, without belittling players. I don't really know what his emotions are at the moment, whether he's content with the league position, frustrated that he should be doing better, pleased with progression or feels under pressure. I don't really know. 

Lacklustre today - you can mix some workmanlike players in amongst some quality, but 11 workmanlike players is not going to cut it

We are at least three decent players away from what is required just to be average

We won't do anything in the market in January

Keep attacking Lambert but I doubt any other manager could do any better with such a shit budget

I don't think there's many that could do much worse.

How did Adam do today VillaCas. 

That could well be true - however, given the shit budget we have it impossible to know. What I do know is that changing managers now would be detremental because there is literally no chance that RL will pay to rebuild again

I could give a flying f*ck about Adam - he's a decent player but there would be 50 players who would cost the same that I would rather have. Stoke can't be that sure about him if he can't make the starting 11

Just checking mate as I thought you described him in pretty much the same way as Berbatov when I mentioned both players last season.

We are a team devoid of any ideas, playing without any tactics or strategy it seems, with poor discipline and a real lack of quality.

I'd have expected at least some progression this season but we have gone backwards. Lambert's signing are mainly duff and most look completely out of their depth.

I'm sick and tired with my weekends being ruined by Villa. Another relegation battle this season it seems.

Lose to Crystal Palace and Swansea and Lambert will deserve the sack. He isn't quite the manager I thought he'd be and we'd be better off with some fresh ideas.

• Like 2

This whole situation is a mixture of factors.

Lerner, Lambert, the Players. In that order.

Those calling for Lambert to be sacked should be remembered that the grass isn't always greener and the first and third factor won't change with a new manager.

This is absolutely spot on

Any judgement of Lambert has to be weighed against the fact that we are willing to pay peanuts - add Sissoko, Kiyotake and Lukaku to our squad for example and we would be a different proposition

This is a much more complex situation to resolve than the simplistic arguments often presented

It works on the premise that no one else could have chosen better players with the budget available which is complete bollocks.

This again???? If that's what you think carry on. What is complete bollocks is thinking that you can get prem players at £8 and £10k a week

And we ask again. What then?

We go again.

If that was true then there would of been a few more clubs looking for new managers right now.

AVB wasn't sacked, went by mutual agreement. Still got a payoff.

I'm really tired of this same pattern year after year now. Come Christmas, we are in free fall, looking likely to be dragged into the relegation scrap, and desperate for reinforcements...why don't we plan ahead by bringing in proper players of Premier League quality and avoid this annual anxiety attack?

Lerner, it's up to you.

Lambert is as good as the players he's got.

Edited by maqroll

This whole situation is a mixture of factors.

Lerner, Lambert, the Players. In that order.

Those calling for Lambert to be sacked should be remembered that the grass isn't always greener and the first and third factor won't change with a new manager.

This is absolutely spot on

Any judgement of Lambert has to be weighed against the fact that we are willing to pay peanuts - add Sissoko, Kiyotake and Lukaku to our squad for example and we would be a different proposition

This is a much more complex situation to resolve than the simplistic arguments often presented

It works on the premise that no one else could have chosen better players with the budget available which is complete bollocks.

This again???? If that's what you think carry on. What is complete bollocks is thinking that you can get prem players at £8 and £10k a week

Exactly this, Lerner needs to back Lambert and I'd hope he has a few targets to get in start of Jan, not the end of it!

The fact that herd gets in our team at the moment is a joke. Clark and baker should back up defenders. But people just ignore the fact that both our first choice defenders are out.

Â