• Baker
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Kozák
    • Weimann
    • Tonev
    • Bowery (for Tonev 67)
    • Bacuna (for Albrighton 81)

Look Morpheus, no one gives a **** about Berbatov or Adam.

The fact that Lerner has put us in a position where we wouldn't even be able to try and get those players is a joke.

Lerner. Invest or **** off!

To be fair I wouldn't want us to be in for either of those players - they're just not value for money. I agree that Lambert needs more backing though.

How are our value for money players doing this season?

Exactly like value(budget) players

Too many players that aren't Premier League players

----------------Guzan-------------------

New player-Vlaar---Okore--New Player

-------Delph--New Player--New Player---

Albrighton-----------------------Gabby

------------------Benteke---------------------

Yeah not now. Funny that, as it was used as a stick to beat me with continually last season and before we played Fulham and Stoke this season.

Not surprising you and another poster don't want to mention them anymore. :lol:

If you constantly go on about them and shoehorn them into conversations then you have to take the rough with the smooth.

I'm not talking about them because they're not Villa players. What you're doing now is just point scoring.

Ha, ha.

It was actually you and several other posters who kept mentioning Berbatov and Adam to try and point score against my posts when I was debating with other posters concerning Lambert so no I haven't constantly mentioned those players unless being engaged on them.

But as previously stated this afternoon I can see why you and those other posters would be reluctant to do that now. :lol:

Are people still happy with the poor performances or are they jus gona say at least we're 13th

But it's a results business. If you want entertainment go and watch a film, take a bungee jump, wrestle a lion, or something like that... </sarcasm>

I usually try to stay positive on here and realise that, naturally after a defeat, there's a lot of pessimism and over-reacting, which is understandable as football fans, but after that, I really do struggle to be optimistic and defend it. This season, we've failed to beat (in terms of team we always look to be beating) Newcastle, Hull, Sunderland, West Ham, Fulham, West Brom and Stoke, which is pretty worrying if we're aiming for a top half finish.

We look poor in possession, as though we just don't know what to do with it. Very few of the passes that I saw today looked tidy and comfortable. It's as though we're just about managing to keep the ball, and we always look under pressure even when we're not so much. The defence is an absolute shambles. I have absolutely no idea what the hell was going on for their second goal. When you're playing Stoke and the only goal that you manage wasn't created by us at all, then something is definitely wrong. The style of football we play just isn't really working. The counter-attacking thing occasionally does when we're looking sharp but this incessant hoofing and swinging blindly at the ball just isn't doing anything. It's luck that we even manage to keep possession when we do that. The amount of times that I saw us take a swing at the ball rather than chest it down and try to control it was baffling. It feels as though we're happy to ride our luck and go for a dirty victory rather than actually try and play some football and create something. High tempo is good when it comes to counter-attacking, but I just feel as though we rush everything. We have no one to calm things down, except for Vlaar in defence.

Something needs to change in January. This whole "young and hungry" thing, buying players who are good "prospects" is all good and fine if you have some calm heads in there to steady things. It's a strong foundation we need that will allow these young players to develop, one or two experienced players to give the others someone to look up to. I know that we're trying to balance out the finances, but some money needs to be spent (or, if I rephrase, spent wisely) if we're trying to be ambitious and climb the table. It's a difficult thing to say, because I know that Lerner just isn't going to give Lambert those kind of funds, but I don't really know what to suggest.

I like Lambert and I like that he's trying to build something here, but it'll be difficult to carry on thinking about the bigger picture to put things into perspective when I watch what I just have. Let's hope that we can pull something out for boxing day and start to actually put some valuable points on the board.

I remember someone else stating that throughout last season and was rounded on for suggesting such a thing.

Are people still happy with the poor performances or are they jus gona say at least we're 13th
But it's a results business. If you want entertainment go and watch a film, take a bungee jump, wrestle a lion, or something like that...
Tbf recently the performances & results have been poor Edited by dakid007

Just wish we took note of the Southampton model who after only 2 seasons have surpassed us by far.

We have arguably/apparently one of the best group of youngsters in Europe (our tournament win in the european youth cup last season suggests they aint bad).

Rather then spending £3 million here, £3 million there on shite squad players like tonev, helenius, bacuna etc why cant we promote some of the most talented kids into the team as squad players and gradually integrate them into the team and spend the £15 million on 2 quality experienced players rather then £15 million on 5-6 cheap, unproven frankly average to awful squad players and take note of the model that is proving successful for Southampton. I doubt our young kids will make worse squad players then the likes of bowery, tonev, bacuna and the awful Luna. Tonev better then Grealish?!?! Not a chance. Tonev has to be the most unintelligent, selfish, woeful player ive seen on the evidence so far.

Lambert isnt the man im afraid. But its the wrong time to sake him now as quite frankly who else is out there. Malkay mackay maybe...ogs is unproven, RDM is a big no for me, Sean Dyche is not experienced enough. Frankly at this moment there is no one. But we need to make more of a low budget. He got lucky with Benteke. He aint going to be lucky like that again.

Edited by donnie
  • Like 4

The fact that Lerner has put us in a position where we wouldn't even be able to try and get those players is a joke.

Lerner. Invest or **** off!

To be fair I wouldn't want us to be in for either of those players - they're just not value for money. I agree that Lambert needs more backing though.

How are our value for money players doing this season?

Exactly like value(budget) players

But we were improving.

Just wish we took note of the Southampton model who after only 2 seasons have surpassed us by far.

We have arguably/apparently one of the best group of youngsters in Europe (our tournament win in the european youth cup last season suggests they aint bad).

Rather then spending £3 million here, £3 million there on shite squad players like tonev, helenius, bacuna etc why cant we promote some of the most talented kids into the team as squad players and gradually integrate them into the team and spend the £15 million on 2 quality experienced players rather then £15 million on 5-6 cheap, unproven frankly average to awful squad players and take note of the model that is proving successful for Southampton. I doubt our young kids will make worse squad players then the likes of bowery, tonev, bacuna and the awful Luna. Tonev better then Grealish?!?! Not a chance. Tonev has to be the most unintelligent, selfish, woeful player ive seen on the evidence so far.

Lambert isnt the man im afraid. But its the wrong time to sake him now as quite frankly who else is out there. Malkay mackay maybe...ogs is unproven, RDM is a big no for me, Sean Dyche is not experienced enough. Frankly at this moment there is no one. But we need to make more of a low budget. He got lucky with Benteke. He aint going to be lucky like that again.

W.A.G.E.S

And my prediction of 6 points from the 6 December fixtures is looking better as each disaster unfolds. 2 games to go and 3 points to get. We are slipping ever closer towards the relegation zone as I expected.

And you seem so downtrodden that you're right.

I generally am.

"I thought we were excellent in the first half. The wind was very strong but even in the second half we had chances. It was a very close game," Lambert told reporters after the match.

"We thought when we got it 1-1 that we might have gone on. We will go again. I don't think we deserved to lose."

the guy is more deluded than McCleish was

• Like 1

W.A.G.E.S

Are you T.H.I.C.K?!

We sign 2 experienced players on higher wages of around £40- 50k rather then 5-6 cheap unknown players on £15-20k the wage cost will be the same.

People keep saying how annoying you have been on this thread yet you cry like a little biatch on off topic blaming every ones over reactions.

• Like 2

W.A.G.E.S

Are you T.H.I.C.K?!

We sign 2 experienced players on higher wages of around £40- 50k rather then 5-6 cheap unknown players on £15-20k the wage cost will be the same.

People keep saying how annoying you have been on this thread yet you cry like a little biatch on off topic blaming every ones over reactions.

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y

W.A.G.E.S

Are you T.H.I.C.K?!

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y

2 experienced players over 6 cheaper players would mean we'd have pretty much no squad depth at all, we're already lacking in areas with a make shift defence due to injuries. The problem is us not being able to buy these better quality players as well as the younger players who need to develop or fill the squad out.

Yes, "we will go again", a phrase used instead of publicly slating the team has been used. How ironic that we now see the same people saying the same thing/quoting and highlighting the phrase every week in complaint of his post-match statements.

It's the rest of the twaddle I'm concerned by. He can't actually believe we were "excellent" in the first half today.

It inspires no confidence from me, nor anyone else it seems and not having the fans on board is going to present a problem.

Negative:  Everything.  Summed up by the fact that Libor Kozak has come out as the best player in our team today.

Positive:  We have Crtstal Palace on Boxing Day

Negative:  Our Boxing Day form over the years is terrible.

Positive:  There are plenty of other terrible terrible teams in the Premier League this season.

Negative:  There are more fixtures in the Championship every season, so there'll be even more of this next season.

Positive:  It's Christmas in a few days (I'm scraping the barrel now...)

• Like 2

W.A.G.E.S

Are you T.H.I.C.K?!

:D

The irony emitting from this post is incredible.

But, to the point. I'm annoying people by quoting direct truths about our finances? I'm sorry if you find the truth so annoying. Lambert had to rebuild the entire squad. That isn't that hard to understand.

Oh and Drat? You accused me of trolling so where are you now? People can say what they like about me, but whenever I've backed up what I've said, people have either acknowledged that (Nuremberg), or disappeared entirely.

And sorry, as much as you'd like it to be true, I'm certainly not crying. And most definitely not crying 'like a little biatch'.

But it's a results business. If you want entertainment go and watch a film, take a bungee jump, wrestle a lion, or something like that...

Tbf recently the performances & results have been poor

I was agreeing with you... hencer the original '</Sarcasm>' tag.

Â