• Kozák
    • Weimann
    • Tonev
    • Bowery (for Tonev 67)
    • Bacuna (for Albrighton 81)

Getting tired of the same old shit now.

Home forms been piss poor all season.

Now the away forms gone to pot.

How the hell is Gardner not making the 18? Much better technique than some of the crap playing atm.

If fit Gardner should be at least be on the bench. There wasn't one player on the bench today that could've changed the game. For their many faults at least N'Zog and Ireland are capable of that. 

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "I thought we were excellent in the first half. The wind was very strong but even in the second half we had chances. It was a very close game.

"We thought when we got it 1-1 that we might have gone on. We will go again. I don't think we deserved to lose."

• Like 1

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "I thought we were excellent in the first half. The wind was very strong but even in the second half we had chances. It was a very close game.

"We thought when we got it 1-1 that we might have gone on. We will go again. I don't think we deserved to lose."

I did not see that coming.

Yes, "we will go again", a phrase used instead of publicly slating the team has been used. How ironic that we now see the same people saying the same thing/quoting and highlighting the phrase every week in complaint of his post-match statements.

Yes, "we will go again", a phrase used instead of publicly slating the team has been used. How ironic that we now see the same people saying the same thing/quoting and highlighting the phrase every week in complaint of his post-match statements.

Cool but that's the first time I've ever quoted it.

Yet again the Yuletide slide towards a relegation battle commences. Utterly woeful, from the worst Villa manager since McNeill.

Worse than McLeish?

ok

again no reasoned response. Are you just trolling now? If you don't agree with Risso at least say why
  • Like 2

Yet again the Yuletide slide towards a relegation battle commences. Utterly woeful, from the worst Villa manager since McNeill.

Worse than McLeish?

ok

again no reasoned response. Are you just trolling now? If you don't agree with Risso at least say why

How is that trolling? It was a clear question whether he thinks Lambert is worse than McLeish. On the contrary, don't just spam buzzwords like 'trolling' or 'abuse' when somebody makes a post you don't like.

Wait, wait.

So Risso doesn't have to explain his reasoning when he makes a statement, but when I ask a simple question whether he thinks Lambert is worse than McLeish (which is apparently trolling), I do?

What?

Edited by StefanAVFC

This whole situation is a mixture of factors.

Lerner, Lambert, the Players. In that order.

Those calling for Lambert to be sacked should be remembered that the grass isn't always greener and the first and third factor won't change with a new manager.

This is absolutely spot on

Any judgement of Lambert has to be weighed against the fact that we are willing to pay peanuts - add Sissoko, Kiyotake and Lukaku to our squad for example and we would be a different proposition

This is a much more complex situation to resolve than the simplistic arguments often presented

It works on the premise that no one else could have chosen better players with the budget available which is complete bollocks.

This again???? If that's what you think carry on. What is complete bollocks is thinking that you can get prem players at £8 and £10k a week

How much is Benteke, Vlaar, Gabby and Weimann on?

Not hearing too much about this improvement now. 

...and now this again? whatever

Yet you were trawling this out continually whenever anyone said anything deemed negative by you but I can see why you prefer not to mention it now.

Another gripe: five bookings today, clearly he cannot impose discipline on the players either.

Oh come on, there's enough to complain about regarding Lambert. This is silly.

Not really as it is indicative of how poorly trained and organised we are. Buck stops with the manager IMO.

I very much doubt that Villa are any better or worse trained than any other premiership side

There is nothing wrong with the organisation either - what is wrong is the quality of the players.

A team that cost £20m to assemble and that earns 25% of McL's hoofballers is just not going to be competiive week in week out

Buy better players is the constant shout but when you are paying £10k a week your choices are limited (I also wonder how much financial resource is available for scouting anyway? My guess is that we are often taking a recommendation and having a punt ie Tonev)

I don't agree. As i have said a few times my minimum expectation of Lambert would be to produce a well organised side that is difficult to beat with every player clearly understanding his role in the side.

The simple reality is we are very easy to beat, sides have sussed our our very limited tactics / game plan and simply set themselves up to deal with our game. I agree our squad lacks quality but we have experienced professional footballers who in my opinion have no real idea how they are supposed to be approaching any game. As a consequence we rapidly descend into tactics of either hit and hope or aimless passing around the midfield with no end product.

We have had injuries with have not helped and that cannot be blamed on Lambert.

As for my point on yellow cards we have amassed more of them than any other team in the PL, 38 in total which is over two per game (link below for the sceptics). Teams will always pick up yellow cards but a manager should be ensuring that there is no dissent (Gabby) or charging in committing silly fouls (Delph, Herd) as it costs us with suspensions. That's what SAF managed with Rooney. We simply cannot afford to have key players like Delph and Gabby suspended.

http://espnfc.com/stats/fairplay/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league?cc=5739

I'm not calling for Lambert to go just yet, I have supported him of the most part but we are getting worse not better. I said a while back we were flattered by our league position and I still think we are.

Look Morpheus, no one gives a **** about Berbatov or Adam.

Yeah not now. Funny that, as it was used as a stick to beat me with continually last season and before we played Fulham and Stoke this season.

Not surprising you and another poster don't want to mention them anymore. :lol:

And my prediction of 6 points from the 6 December fixtures is looking better as each disaster unfolds. 2 games to go and 3 points to get. We are slipping ever closer towards the relegation zone as I expected.

And you seem so downtrodden that you're right.

Yeah not now. Funny that, as it was used as a stick to beat me with continually last season and before we played Fulham and Stoke this season.

Not surprising you and another poster don't want to mention them anymore. :lol:

If you constantly go on about them and shoehorn them into conversations then you have to take the rough with the smooth.

I'm not talking about them because they're not Villa players. What you're doing now is just point scoring.

The fact that Lerner has put us in a position where we wouldn't even be able to try and get those players is a joke.

Lerner. Invest or **** off!

To be fair I wouldn't want us to be in for either of those players - they're just not value for money. I agree that Lambert needs more backing though.

How are our value for money players doing this season?

Are people still happy with the poor performances or are they jus gona say at least we're 13th

There will be plenty of people who will convince themselves that we are comfortably mid table and there is nothing to worry about.

Â