• Baker
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Kozák
    • Weimann
    • Tonev
    • Bowery (for Tonev 67)
    • Bacuna (for Albrighton 81)

The only real positive I can take from this is that we were missing Vlaar and Gabby, the former especially being an absolutely key player for us. I don't think it's a coincidence that we've shipped 9 goals in the 3 and a half games Vlaar's been out.

And before I get jumped on by certain people no I am not happy with results/performances right now and Lambert has a lot to answer for.

Edited by Mantis

Lambert should be sacked.

We're awful and it is his squad.

It's definitely that simple. Great insight.

We get it.  You're the most loyal and devoted Villa fan ever.

Give us some proper thoughts instead of trolling round mocking other people's.

If you look closely (as soon as this page!), I provide debate to comments that aren't just ridiculous, shallow tantrums. 

Indeed you did.  Good comment too.

Therefore, I take my jibe back.  It was a hangover from a previous match thread where you posted stacks of one-liners like the one I quoted without offering anything of your own.  Doing that just provokes trouble on the board, whereas either ignoring or properly replying to posts contributes to the quality of VT.

This whole situation is a mixture of factors.

Lerner, Lambert, the Players. In that order.

Those calling for Lambert to be sacked should be remembered that the grass isn't always greener and the first and third factor won't change with a new manager.

This is absolutely spot on

Any judgement of Lambert has to be weighed against the fact that we are willing to pay peanuts - add Sissoko, Kiyotake and Lukaku to our squad for example and we would be a different proposition

This is a much more complex situation to resolve than the simplistic arguments often presented

It works on the premise that no one else could have chosen better players with the budget available which is complete bollocks.

If Lambert is struggling with the Budget, he should let the fans know. It can be said in a professional manner as not to offend Lerner. People who defend Lambert cannot defend his awful bullshit after the game talks. Reminding me more an more of McLeish because he simply has no answers.

• Like 1

"The players gave their all today, I can't fault their effort. It's a tough time for us at the moment but the players are giving their all; so we go again."

I'm pretty sure this is the crap we'll be fed.

Well what is he going to say- 'they are a steaming pile of shit, I wish I stayed in Norwich, we have no money'?!
He could give better analysis of the game instead of having a pre-made script that he reels off every week. Just give us a bit more insight into his thoughts, be a little more trueful. If the players didn't give their all, you really don't need to say that they did.

You mean like di canio did?

No Di Canio was a moron that crucified and embarrassed his players to the press. Do you really think he can't assess the game better in his post match interviews? Rights, wrongs, things to address and improve I'd like to hear a bit more than he pre-made script that's all. Just a little more insight. 

Another gripe: five bookings today, clearly he cannot impose discipline on the players either.

Oh come on, there's enough to complain about regarding Lambert. This is silly.

Not really as it is indicative of how poorly trained and organised we are. Buck stops with the manager IMO.

I very much doubt that Villa are any better or worse trained than any other premiership side

There is nothing wrong with the organisation either - what is wrong is the quality of the players.

A team that cost £20m to assemble and that earns 25% of McL's hoofballers is just not going to be competiive week in week out

Buy better players is the constant shout but when you are paying £10k a week your choices are limited (I also wonder how much financial resource is available for scouting anyway? My guess is that we are often taking a recommendation and having a punt ie Tonev)

Very disappointed about the lack of organisation or seeming indication that anyone really has a plan for us.

My main gripe with Lambert is that he doesn't really seem to know what he wants or how to get it out of the players. So many poor passes, lack of movement and anticipation - we play like a bunch of individuals rather than a single unit.

I'm sure injuries don't help but playing square pegs in round holes and changing formations every game doesn't either.

• Like 3

"The players gave their all today, I can't fault their effort. It's a tough time for us at the moment but the players are giving their all; so we go again."

I'm pretty sure this is the crap we'll be fed.

Well what is he going to say- 'they are a steaming pile of shit, I wish I stayed in Norwich, we have no money'?!
He could give better analysis of the game instead of having a pre-made script that he reels off every week. Just give us a bit more insight into his thoughts, be a little more trueful. If the players didn't give their all, you really don't need to say that they did.
You mean like di canio did?

No Di Canio was a moron that crucified and embarrassed his players to the press. Do you really think he can't assess the game better in his post match interviews? Rights, wrongs, things to address and improve I'd like to hear a bit more than he pre-made script that's all. Just a little more insight.

It doesn't bother me. I'd rather he did that behind closed doors.

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect us to pick up many points without Vlaar, Gabby and Benteke, but Stoke were absolutely dreadful today. I don't even think they were better than us, it was just two terrible teams and it hurts to come out of a game against such poor opposition with nothing.

Â