Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Hoolahan is nailed on I think.

For anyone unsure as to how a transfer process works I'd suggest checking out the Footballers' Football Show from Monday night on Sky, Niall Quinn, some agent geezer and our very own John Carew discussing how modern day transfers work.

It's basically one massive game with neither side wanting to give anything away unless it specifically suits them, i.e. had Norwich needed the money for targets of their own then they would have sold weeks ago, as it is they don't need the money and so can make us wait until the 11th hour which has the potential to disrupt our efforts for any other targets as well as meaning that we don't have him until the last minute and therefore unable to play (in this case) in January's games.

I believe we will make one other signing as well but that's pure gut feeling and not based on any form of ITK or otherwise.

As others have said, if we can shift on Hutton as well then it's been a moderately successful window which, unless you're prepared to spend silly money which we don't have anyway is about as good as it gets.

In my opinion.

#avfc missing out on both Tom Ince and Lewis Holtby on loan, instead focussing their sole attention and effort to Wes Hoolihan #ridiculous

So says who?

Edit: Is that your own tweet?

ITK ;) shocking really that we haven't even bothered to bid for either of them. Ince is off to Palace and Holtby to Fulham, would we honestly not be a more favourable club to come to then a relegation threatened club who have lost 16 games this season and Palace??

You didn't answer either question...

That's because he's full of shit. Anyone who claims to get their info from a chip shop is a bit of dunce really.

Large chicken meat and chips with a large pot of curry sauce ;) Never bothered to inquire about Ince and Holtby was mentioned but the budget has been put a side for WH's transfer fee and wages. I'm not an ITK lol.

Once again, you didn't answer either question. As you seem to have trouble reading and responding do you have some sort of condition or learning difficulty? Then it would make more sense.

So you decide to assume someone has a "learning difficult" because I has taking the piss about what my dinner would be from the chip shop -_- . We won't sign anyone else this window, just confirmed by Pete Colley on SSN after Lambert's PC #ITK ;)

#avfc missing out on both Tom Ince and Lewis Holtby on loan, instead focussing their sole attention and effort to Wes Hoolihan #ridiculous

ITK but can't spell Hoolahan correctly?

Haha good spot, apparently on here all ITKs are wrong, so thought I would make the mistake on purpose and see if anyone clocked on, well done :)

I'm gutted that we haven't gone in for Bridcutt before now, having watched him lots he's exactly what we're crying out for and fits the PL mould perfectly.  I know everyone's getting worked up at missing out on Ince and Zaha but neither of them would drastically change our first XI, and I reckon Bridcutt will make more of impression on the Premiership than either of them, £3m is a steal.

• Like 1

ITK but can't spell Hoolahan correctly?

Haha good spot, apparently on here all ITKs are wrong, so thought I would make the mistake on purpose and see if anyone clocked on, well done :)

giphy.gif

like i said in the other teams transfers thread

tom ince "wanted by 4/5 premier league clubs"... signs for palace....

something doesn't add up, you wouldn't pick palace over swansea, I'm not sure all these clubs do or ever did want him, and if they did there's something about him that's putting them off

never wanted him at villa, waste of money for an unproven talent who thinks he's better than he is

and zaha is going to cardiff because of the OGS / utd link, so i dont think anyone can be annoyed we "missed out" there

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

like i said in the other teams transfers thread

tom ince "wanted by 4/5 premier league clubs"... signs for palace....

something doesn't add up, you wouldn't pick palace over swansea, I'm not sure all these clubs do or ever did want him, and if they did there's something about him that's putting them off

never wanted him at villa, waste of money for an unproven talent who thinks he's better than he is

and zaha is going to cardiff because of the OGS / utd link, so i dont think anyone can be annoyed we "missed out" there

Swansea were the pick of the bunch IMO, European football and a good squad, great manager. I agree that it doesn't add up, seems very strange.

The modern day football fan - more interested in who we may or may not sign than the game itself.

I don't get it. We just won the derby 4-3 after being 0-2 down within 8 minutes. Sensational game of football and we're now 8 points clear of the drop zone.

What am I not getting?

Acute depression.

• Like 1

Don't fancy our chances with anything tomorrow, and to be honest won't be as disappointed as perhaps if this was the case earlier in the window (that's what a win will do for you).

Looking at the squad, I hope we are now at the point where Lambert is now looking at players for the first team, decent players who'll give that bit of quality - not squad 'fillers' like Sylla, Bowery etc. Those are the types of players we need and I'd rather that money wasn't just wasted on these and saved until the summer. 

Especially as we've got Bent coming back in the Summer and I can't see us being able to shift him easily. Quite a fall from grace, that.

I actually don't see the fuss over us not getting any more in, we've got 2 in already, 1 maybe not needed, 1 looks very good so far

thing is what does signing 2/3 players now actually achieve? give us a push to catch Southampton in 9th 5 points ahead of us? or really push the boat out and try and catch Newcastle in 8th 10 points ahead of us?

we'll be safely mid table, as many predicted, boring as it may be, spending £10-15m now on harder to get maybe not 1st choice targets might not do anything, save the energy and the cash till the summer

is that saying that we've given up or gone small time, not in my mind its a realistic view of both villa and the January transfer window as a whole

• Like 2

Â