Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I reckon they had an exciting AM player in mind but it's not materialised

I'm sure (I hope) they see the lack of creativity in the middle of the park like we all do.

Although the last two games have shown some hope that we're ready to start playing football again at last

The transfer market is such a mine field though, especially in January when clubs and agents know buyers are desperate!

I'm sure (I hope) they see the lack of creativity in the middle of the park like we all do.

Although the last two games have shown some hope that we're ready to start playing football again at last

The transfer market is such a mine field though, especially in January when clubs and agents know buyers are desperate!

I think it may of been Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain but because of the injury to Theo Walcott that didn't pull through.

I am still hoping we get someone half decent in to show some ambition but I am not counting on it :P

If you listen to them, there is never a right time.

even in the summer, holidays are cited,managers and players, international tournaments, away with friendlies the list is endless.

• Like 1

I still think the benefits of returning to the old system would far outway what we have at the moment but thats only my very own humble opinion.

I think something like a transfer deadline would make a lot of sense, there's no "window" and you can make transfer for the entire season up till maybe January of February. Allowing buys at the very end would get really sketchy

I think it would make sense to have one window, commencing after the last game of the season and finishing before the first game of the next season.

• Like 1

Would have loved Zaha here. He is the Player Lambert went for on loan, but shit his pants at his salary. Which I think is 25K a week??

How do you know that or are you stating opinion as fact?

Yes, do tell.

Someone else on here said it was Lescott?

I think it may of been Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain but because of the injury to Theo Walcott that didn't pull through.

I am still hoping we get someone half decent in to show some ambition but I am not counting on it :P

Isn't Oxlade-Chamberlain more of a winger/striker like Gabby? I don't think he has that creativity that we need anyway or the kind of player we are looking for.

Isn't Oxlade-Chamberlain more of a winger/striker like Gabby? I don't think he has that creativity that we need anyway or the kind of player we are looking for.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-can-new-3011309#.UuAZqhDFKM8

How can you possibly think -

1. Arsenal would sell Oxlade-Chamberlain

2. We could afford him

3. He would want to come here

unfortunately the general rule is, if you like him that usually means he's good enough for the team he's already playing for.

Would have loved Zaha here. He is the Player Lambert went for on loan, but shit his pants at his salary. Which I think is 25K a week??

Yes, do tell.

No it was'nt Lescott, it would have been obvious he is earning way above we could afford. There's also a reason Moyes don't play Zaha, its not public knowledge but some of you may know. :mrgreen:

Yes, do tell.

HH hinted at it being Lescott by saying he was experienced and that he was sure we could all guess who he was talking about.

How can you possibly think -

1. Arsenal would sell Oxlade-Chamberlain

2. We could afford him

3. He would want to come here

unfortunately the general rule is, if you like him that usually means he's good enough for the team he's already playing for.

Sorry meant to say on loan.... obviously we'd have no chance of signing him permanently!

And I think that would of been perfectly viable.... he's only 20, only played 3 times this season and would get straight into our team for a bit more experience before going back to Arsenal in the summer. Doubt he's on more than say 40k as he's not a guaranteed first team player for them....yet.

Â