Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

If players could be signed all year round then the richest clubs could unsettle players all year round, maybe Arsenal slap in a £30m offer for benteke 3 days before we play them etc.

Just keep the madness to the summer and one month during the season.

For me the window should be close season only, if we want a January window then it should be for two weeks and the league should have a two week break. The summer window should close before the first game of the season. Maybe allow emergency loans approved by the FA if you get 3 injuries to one position and you can't field anyone for that position (like what happens with goalkeepers at the mo).

Then each club knows what they have got to work with and when it comes round to the first game the players know they will be with that club till next summer. Woudl be a lot better IMHO.

Anyone think that Hoolahan saying Norwich should let him go brings him a step closer to us?

• Like 1

....I'm awaiting the 639th person this month to scream 'Best post ever!!OMG!OMGZZ!!11' like a schoolgirl...

Im detecting a bit of jealousy there
Your detections would be wrong I'm afraid. I've just seen an awful lot of people saying 'Best post ever!' lately ;) Gareth's post was good, and funny as he usually is, hence why I 'liked' it

7 years ago today we signed John Carew, will we be in a position to make that sort of signing again anytime soon?

I'd say he'd jump at the chance now!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

That he does modeling, the thing about purses and what he has said to the media(not gonna look that up). Like every news story there are comments under where everyone is slagging him off. I noticed it started to happen around the time he went to west ham, but it could have been before. Of course, he is probably rated by many but unfortunately they are not in the majority. I like him, he was in the studio last time when we played west brom and said that they are small time compared to villa and so on. In general he gave us a lot of compliments :) 

That he does modeling, the thing about purses and what he has said to the media(not gonna look that up). Like every news story there are comments under where everyone is slagging him off. I noticed it started to happen around the time he went to west ham, but it could have been before. Of course, he is probably rated by many but unfortunately they are not in the majority. I like him, he was in the studio last time when we played west brom and said that they are small time compared to villa and so on. In general he gave us a lot of compliments :)

Haters gonna hate - he has made enough cash to chill for the rest of his life and is a big good looking bastard, now dabbling in modeling, acting and music. Laughing stock? doubt it.

• Like 2

The only thing wrong with Gareth, is that he lives in Basingstoke.

Sad face.

No. He lives in Amazingstoke according to his location.

Yeah it's like a tropical paradise there compared to it's counterpart Terrible Stoke.  Which I believe is located somewhere in the Potteries.

• Like 1

Â