Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

he took pressure off them by communicating with us. HH should have got a payrise not sacked.

There is communication and then there is communication. The club would never allow leaking team lineups or transfer targets to anyone - it just undermines our position.

Having said that, it would be nice if the club did communicate on some things - such as plans for the first team/club/stadium and the like.

he took pressure off them by communicating with us. HH should have got a payrise not sacked.

There is communication and then there is communication. The club would never allow leaking team lineups or transfer targets to anyone - it just undermines our position.

Having said that, it would be nice if the club did communicate on some things - such as plans for the first team/club/stadium and the like.

Yeah i agree. I just think if he was here in an official capacity it wouldnt have been an issue (he wouldnt have disclosed what he did).

I think he went a bit far with the line ups as he probably wanted to prove he was legit. I doubt Jose Mourinho was reading VillaTalk to find out our line ups but i know what you mean.

I think he did well to calm the fans down.. and provide a bit of direction for the disillusioned. Exactly what we needed. I really hope he hasnt lost his job. If he had.. he could probably come on now and post? So hopefully he still retains his position. He was obviously close to Paul so maybe Paul forgave him? Who knows.

• Like 1

They do. Faulkner does. Nobody listens and nobody cares.

Is Capoue totally out of Villas price range? Spurs want around £9m, he's desperate to leave, and getting him and hoolahan in would pretty much complete the side for now.

Kinda answered your own question there, £9m is way out of our price range. Maybe we could ask to pay in instalments? 

lambert would never sign him firstly wages would be too high and im pretty sure i have read capoue has a bad attitude behind the scenes something which lambert will not like. lambert likes quiet players who turn up work hard and dont cause trouble.

Agree with Samjp26 - £9m would appear to be well out of out price range.

IF we did have £9m, it would be more beneficial to spend the majority of it (though not all) on an attacking mid.

I agree, that said though if we can bring Hoolahan in for cheap I'd hope we'd sign another player too. Even if we spend say £2m on Hoolahan, a £2m signing and 2 loan signings doesn't really say a great deal in terms of Lambert being backed.

A defensive midfielder would be good, Capoue would be fantastic. Another attacking midfielder would also be good as if Hoolahan picks up a knock we're back to square one.

A defensive mid would be good, but I'll take it as an above average window if we sign Hoolahan. 

Defensive mid is a place where we can strengthen, but it's not a position that we're short of numbers for. If you assume Hoolahan comes in for KEA, then that leaves KEA, Bacuna and Sylla as backup for any of the central midfield places. That seems like adequate cover for the time being.

And apparently, Spurs - who like to pay less than a team demands when they sign players - want £12m for Capoue, they signed him for £9m!

Sauce: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-etienne-capoue-3047338#.Ut-faxBFC00

Yet when they want one of your players they expect you to accept a bid miles below your own valuation

They really are arses

Edited by AshVilla

And apparently, Spurs - who like to pay less than a team demands when they sign players - want £12m for Capoue, they signed him for £9m!

Sauce: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-etienne-capoue-3047338#.Ut-faxBFC00

Yet when they want one of your players they expect you to accept a bid miles below your own valuation

They really are arses

They're like the tight fisted mate that tactically shirks out on the rounds.

Â