Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Don't know if it's mentioned here or on another thread by reported on SSN that defour in advanced talk with fulham.

Fulham have offered 4.1 million. Surely worth a punt at the price.

Defour as well as being owned by Porto has a third-party ownership of 47%, so if we were willing to part with a figure for the signature of Defour it would be in the region of 10m+. With rumours starting to grow that Lerner wants to sell up in the Summer no way would he want to part with another Darren Bent style signature chunk out of his back pocket.

We were sadly never going to sign him  :(

Edited by Avflife

Defour as well as being owned by Porto has a third-party ownership of 47%, so if we were willing to part with a figure for the signature of Defour it would be in the region of 10m+. With rumours starting to grow that Lerner wants to sell up in the Summer no way would he want to part with another Darren Bent style signature chunk out of his back pocket.

We were sadly never going to sign him  :(

Interesting... the rumour I heard was Lerner was going to Sidcup in the summer. I didn't know what to make of that. what you said makes much more sense. 

• Like 2

What's pawlowski doing these days? He'd be perfect as our number 10. Like Weimann x 1000

Yeah he looked really decent in pre season against us. Wiki says just played 5 times this season scoring one goal.

This exhausts my knowledge on him

Can someone make up som roumors please? I keep on faking loo breaks to check if something new is up and its too silent. Soon ill have to resort to working, cant have that..

Well, if you take it as a given that we are/were definitely in for Hoolahan, you could probably build up a rough profile of the kind of player we might (I stress, might) have on the reserve list as a second choice.  Purely assumptive work, but you'd be looking for:

•Creative midfielders, '#10s' and the like.

•An experienced/older player.

•Cheap transfer fee (i.e. someone nearing the end of their contract or unwanted by their current club).

•Low-to-reasonable wage expectations.

•Preferably someone the manager knows/has worked with previously.

Hardly any candidates that satisfy every criteria, especially domestically.  If you looked abroad, somebody like Aaron Hunt is probably as close as you're gonna get.

Can someone make up som roumors please? I keep on faking loo breaks to check if something new is up and its too silent. Soon ill have to resort to working, cant have that..

Well, if you take it as a given that we are/were definitely in for Hoolahan, you could probably build up a rough profile of the kind of player we might (I stress, might) have on the reserve list as a second choice.  Purely assumptive work, but you'd be looking for:

•Cheap transfer fee (i.e. someone nearing the end of their contract or unwanted by their current club).

Hardly any candidates that satisfy every criteria, especially domestically.  If you looked abroad, somebody like Aaron Hunt is probably as close as you're gonna get.

A plan B to Hoolahan? That will go down really well!

Rumour has it that Randy has sanctioned a team of scientists to turn a car into a time machine "back to the future-esque"........ he wants Lambo to wind his way back to 1992 and bring back Alan Shearer, Roberto Baggio, Frank Rijkaard and Kyle Lightbourne !!

• Like 1

A plan B to Hoolahan? That will go down really well!

David Dunn  :ph34r:

Â