Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Just watching motd and Tom huddlestone absolutely dominating midfield. When he wa mentioned in the summer many people mocked and said he was useless. Well he is exactly what our midfield could use right now. Don't think he would be available now unfortunately.

No doubt Lambert fancied him also, yet I can't see him playing for 15k a week.

• Like 2

Just watching motd and Tom huddlestone absolutely dominating midfield. When he wa mentioned in the summer many people mocked and said he was useless. Well he is exactly what our midfield could use right now. Don't think he would be available now unfortunately.

I thought most people thought that he was injured too often?

a bit like jimmy bullard, very good player but team really pays the price when he's not available.

• Like 1

I thought most people thought that he was injured too often?

a bit like jimmy bullard, very good player but team really pays the price when he's not available.

Nope, everyone said he was shite and ridiculed the suggestion.

He has been avaliable from Spurs for a few years.Always a decent player but yes has had injury issues.But at £2,5mil was worth the risk as he is more talented than KEA who didn't cost much less.I also don't think he was on crazy money at Spurs either..but hey ho.

I doubt we will buy a player from a Prem team anytime soon last was Nzogbia I think ...

With hindsight, did many expect Huddlestone's form? It's easy to bash any decision now.

In fairness, I think we all believed we were bigger and better than buying the likes of Tom Huddlestone at the time.

"Tom Huddlestone?? We're Aston Villa, we don't want another Spurs reject FFS!!" was typical at the time.  

Now it's more like, "Tom Huddlestone?? We're Aston Villa, we won't pay those wages FFS!!"

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 3

Think a loan bid for Jelavic from Everton could be something to consider. May just be able to re-capture his form from a couple of seasons back.

Do we need another striker?

Do we need another striker that offers little and needs chances served up to him?

• Like 2

We need a captain in the middle of the park, one with enough about him to push the other players into performing when the going gets tough.

I would like an enforcer to play alongside Westwood allowing Delph to roam forwards more.

And someone with a bit of quality and composure in the final third  - probably in place of Weimann.

If as we are led to believe, by the Villa Trust meeting with Faulkner, we are now breaking even where does that leave us wage wise.

With only Hutton, Given, Bent, N'Zogbia and Ireland of the last big non-playing earners to get off the books full-time. Does it mean their wages will be able to be fully invested back into the playing staff once gone?

And the money we are saving on them being on loan til summer will be used for some short term experience til summer.

• Like 1

De Bruyne in my opinion will have better offers than us.. can't see that happening.

Nor Anderson... Nor Richards.

none of them are coming to us why are people talking rubbish the most we will spend in jan will be 2 million I sent pat murphy a message on twitter he says villa have no money to spend and lambert knows that

Ah yes Pat Murphy, that chap who's far more ITK than our own (proven) HairyHands who says we're looking to get loans in as well as a creative midfielder. 

When did HH say we were after loans and an ACM?  No doubting just don't come on here very often.

Â