Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Surely the only point relevant to Meyer is that he is a massive talent and would be out of our league at this stage.

The club he plays for was not really relevant, yet that was the only thing mentioned.

The club obviously is relevent though. For example, Hughes is a massive talent but would be considered getable precisely because of who he plays for.

Surely the only point relevant to Meyer is that he is a massive talent and would be out of our league at this stage.

The club he plays for was not really relevant, yet that was the only thing mentioned.

Your not wrong, but had he say, played for Rotherham, our chanses of signing him would be greater

My worry with our transfer policy is thus:

Over the past 3 years, Lerner has been able to hide behind the ghost of O'neill and his profligacy in the transfer department. During this time, we've been drip fed tales about Lerner's plan to streamline the club and get rid of the 'dead-wood' that was accumulated under O'neill. This has placated some, but not all, of our fans up until this point in time. It's now coming to the stage where there aren't that many high earners left on the books, atleast not when compared to our wage bill in the latter of the O'neill years. We perhaps have a small handful of unwanted players who are getting paid more than they should be, but probably not an unreasonable amount in terms of competing in the world's most lucrative league. Yet despite this, there doesn't appear to be any upturn in our yearly wage / transfer budget. Last summer saw a number of high earners out of the door, Dunne, Bent and Petrov alone were probably bringing in as much as our entire team now is. But despite this, our recruitment policy saw us targeting players that could be brought in on sub-premier league wages for minimal transfer fees. I don't have the figures to back it up, but our recruits (Okore aside) were perhaps even less ambitious than the previous year's.

With so few pieces of 'dead-wood' left to hide behind, I feel Lerner is fast running out of excuses.

How I see it too.

Always the worry - why would you trim back the wage bill - only to ratchet it back up again ? - you wouldn't, we haven't , we won't. 

Hairyhands or best ITK only says this may happen some point in the future - but didn't sound terribly hopeful.

As for excuses I am sure FFP will come to Lerners rescue.

Edited by smetrov

FFP is a load of bollocks that will never be adhered to by the big clubs. They'll find a way around it to ensure they stay way ahead of everyone else, that's for sure.

Lerner won't have any hiding place once the last of the high earners are off the books. But, why would it make a difference? He doesn't show up or speak about anything to anyone to answer any questions about his funding of the club. In fact, he's so elusive he's probably exchanging chit chat with his pals Lord Lucan and Robert Maxwell.

There's a lad playing for Kidderminster who I think Lambo should scout:

I think his name is Lolley :ph34r:

Great goal that is, glad he's doing well
Looks good, but we have no lolley. Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Valmir Berisha (Swedish striker, top scored with 7 goals in u17 World Cup inc hat-trick against Argentina) he plays for Halmstad in Sweden and is No relation to Norway brothers Valon and Veton Berisha!

Lot clubs looking at him inc Sunderland, Liverpool and Celtic!! well worth looking at, kids got lots of potential!

article here states out contract in summer and available in Jan, Sunderland supposed to have offered contract

http://www.easybranches.co/football-news/1563984.html

Edited by Villan4Life

Ivelin Popover says Villa are In for him during an interview for the Bulgarian media. Apparently his agent is trying to get this deal done"

g1333946573716294511.jpg

Pleeeeease let this be true... would be a good signing in my eyes anyway got the attributes needed to play at CAM for us and is able to handle himself well so should adapt to the prem easy enough.. =)

Ivelin Popover says Villa are In for him during an interview for the Bulgarian media. Apparently his agent is trying to get this deal done"

g1333946573716294511.jpg

Pleeeeease let this be true... would be a good signing in my eyes anyway got the attributes needed to play at CAM for us and is able to handle himself well so should adapt to the prem easy enough.. =)

What sort of fee would popov command ? - Hairy Hands reckons he has £3m tops ?

g1333946573716294511.jpg

What sort of fee would popov command ? - Hairy Hands reckons he has £3m tops ?

Transfermarkt reckons he's worth around £4.4m and has a contract til end of next season so Kuban either need to tie him down to a new deal or sell him before he can talk to other clubs to leave on a bosman, (might be in the summer they can talk).

I'd say a fee in the £3m mark might get him if we offer the right clauses.... Maybe that £3m HH was on about is set just for a Attacking Mid and then the squad is decent until the summer...  Who knows =)

3 - 4 mill seems to be the going price from the few claiming to be ITK 

Not a bad price for a player with european experience who has also made over 40 + appearances at international level being captain in the process

He would also be a senior figure in the squad and not a youngster which we need

Â