Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Has HH stated that we've only 3m to spend on an AM or is that the price on Popov's head?

If it's the former then that would fly in the face of those who have stated that the cutbacks are due to wages and not transfer fees?

Has HH stated that we've only 3m to spend on an AM or is that the price on Popov's head?

If it's the former then that would fly in the face of those who have stated that the cutbacks are due to wages and not transfer fees?

Pretty sure HH stated something to that effect.

Lambo has also stated there wiill no big signing in Jan

IMO fees is just as much a problem was wages  (its all Money Randy doesn't want to spend)

Morning HH also for the avoidance of doubt can you confirm whether you are Paul Lambert, as you seem to have very good knowledge of the team sheet the other day!

Also would you consider £3m which has been plucked out of thin air as a fee for Popov a "big spending outlay"?

HH is Lambert, end of story, that line-up talk the other day confirmed it for me. 

If it isn't Lambert then it's Culverhouse.

Paul/Ian, do you think if we're say mid-table (10th or 11th) come January that we won't sign anybody else then?

Edited by samjp26

HH whoever you are it is a pleasure having you here.

So I take it from that we will be trying to gauge what we need to hit our target which I would guess is somewhere near mid table?

If results go well and we look on track for that then Lambert may keep his powder dry to improve further in the summer.

If we need a boost to hit that target then we may see an addition in Jan.

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

HH is Lambert, end of story, that line-up talk the other day confirmed it for me. 

If it isn't Lambert then it's Culverhouse.

Paul/Ian, do you think if we're say mid-table (10th or 11th) come January that we won't sign anybody else then?

Culverhouse would be my bet.

Morning gents, I don't think there will be a big spending outlay in Jan. As far as I'm aware there hasn't been any discussions as yet as to how much is exactly available for a new player or players. If the manager can then he would like to sign an attacking midfielder.

Also, for the avoidance of doubt, I am not Howard Hodgson......whoever he may be!!!

If we could get him for £3m then I wouldn't think it would be bad business. Is it a lot of money....no. Well, for most clubs. It might depend how results go between now and the middle/end of Jan whether or not there are any new signings.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9019570/

This would probably suggest HH that the manager's hands are not going to be in handcuffs but they will be certainly tied down in whom he can sign in January.

One would have hoped with Given now out on loan as well that there would be some relaxation on investment in the team but it certainly doesn't look that way and sooner rather than later Lerner's reasons for cuts will run more than a bit thin. 

Morning gents, I don't think there will be a big spending outlay in Jan. As far as I'm aware there hasn't been any discussions as yet as to how much is exactly available for a new player or players. If the manager can then he would like to sign an attacking midfielder.

Also, for the avoidance of doubt, I am not Howard Hodgson......whoever he may be!!!

Hey HH - thought I'd bring this up as you mention Howard Hodgson. He owns a corporate box at the villa and seems to be quite friendly with PF. He is always giving little bits of info that he gets.

Anyway here are a few things he has mentioned, and I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on them.

- He claims that Randy says there is more money available for the right player but lambert has refused to spend it. Said person asked him in Ziani restaurant in Chelsea, Randy even used a specific player as an example.

- Lamberts comments of not being able to compete with WBA are false and were said to shift the blame onto lerner.

- Bacuna was always brought to play RB

- Compared to teams around us he has been well funded

- Doesn't like managing proven top players

- can't wait to get rid of CNZ

Also wanted to add that at a private directors dinner last night, that the comment of we cannot compete with WBA was laughed off as nonsene by PF, and he said all managers say that to protect themselves.

Edited by villan_007

No but our overall outlay on players not contributing to the team is continuing to diminish and that should now allow more leeway in the transfer market for Lambert if the reason put forward for cutbacks is correct.

On the extra TV revenue coming at the end of the season why can we not invest on the basis of that now rather than waiting until the end of the season. I mean there's no doubt that the club will get that money and if Lambert is given more funding now then surely that will help our position at the end of the season thereby bringing yet more money back into the club again. 

I take it thats just your opinion and not substantiated with any fact?

Irrespective, the total wage bill must have come down when you factor in those who has left and whom they have been replaced with and with HH revelation on what type of wages those replacements are on so i think it's now right to question if more investment isn't forthcoming. 

Edited by Morpheus

Â