Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Schalke are a massive club though. Completely delusional to think that we would have a chance of landing their hottest prospect after Draxler.

Your original post basically implied that solely because he played for Schalke we wouldn't get him. We've seen that kind of logic fail before. If you think we won't get him because he's one of their hottest prospects and second only to Draxler then that should've been the point you made.

Schalke are a massive club though. Completely delusional to think that we would have a chance of landing their hottest prospect after Draxler.

Your original post basically implied that solely because he played for Schalke we wouldn't get him. We've seen that kind of logic fail before. If you think we won't get him because he's one of their hottest prospects and second only to Draxler then that should've been the point you made.

Its just as delusional that he thinks Toivonen is a decent player, its the same player who is kept out of his national team by Elmander.

Oh Yeah?

But we did well in the Intertoto Cup at the start of the century, surely that count's for something?

No way they'll let such a massive talent go, half season loan maybe, but that seems highly unlikely

Its just as delusional that he thinks Toivonen is a decent player, its the same player who is kept out of his national team by Elmander.

Or as delusional as thinking a player who has started the majority of league games for his club is a reserve eh? ;)

Do you even read back what you write? You're the first one to mention the word reserve. Your first post was misleading. That's no-one's fault but yours. If you mean one thing then don't write another.

Maximilian Meyer does seem out there. He is highly rated 18 year old who had his debut last season. He is gonna cost way to much, and doesn`t strike me as someone Lambert would fancy considering it would be out of our reach. Would be great but I have just heard the hype.

Fun fact is that him and Goretzka becomes one of the best midfielders in fifa. So yeah, he must be good :)))

Do you even read back what you write? You're the first one to mention the word reserve. Your first post was misleading. That's no-one's fault but yours. If you mean one thing then don't write another.

Its a pop at me because I mentioned Charlie Adam is a reserve i.e. a sub, though he's been subbed on or off in the majority of games, makes him a stand-out player for Stoke. Maybe Hughes subs him off to get a standing ovation.

Huh? No I'm referring to something else SIT said a while ago. Unrelated to this.

Edit: Also my first post wasn't misleading at all. If you didn't know that Meyer is one of Schalke's biggest assets, then that is your problem, not mine.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

It wasn't misleading thou.

Schalke are a massive club with a big fanbase sponsored by Gazprom and with a great academy. Meyer is their next big prodigy after Draxler-

Fair enough if you think it was misleading, I certainly didn't

• Like 1

Edit: Also my first post wasn't misleading at all. If you didn't know that Meyer is one of Schalke's biggest assets, then that is your problem, not mine.

The clarity and effort that you put into the 8 words of your initial post make precisely zero reference to his status within their squad and are instead entirely to do with the club he plays for being the sole reason we wouldn't get him (He plays for Schalke therefore we won't get him*). Your subsequent post makes the point that you intended to make the first time around. It took you 2 attempts to make that point. But we got there in the end.

* See Laursen, Carew

Schalke are a massive club with a big fanbase sponsored by Gazprom and with a great academy.

Yup, so are AC Milan and Lyon yet we signed players from them in the recent past. That's my point (we're getting there...)

Meyer is their next big prodigy after Draxler-

That's what came from his 2nd post and would've been very helpful in his 1st.

Schalke are a massive club with a big fanbase sponsored by Gazprom and with a great academy.

Yup, so are AC Milan and Lyon yet we signed players from them in the recent past. That's my point (we're getting there...)

All this could be avoided by checking out who Max Meyer was before posting.

Yes we can and have signed players from the likes of AC Milan, but we won't be signing El Shaarawy will we?

• Like 1

and Sunderland reject Tobias Hysen and a wife beater who plays in the Swiss league are both ahead of him

Yes we can and have signed players from the likes of AC Milan, but we won't be signing El Shaarawy will we?

Definitely not. But not just because he plays for Schalke AC Milan.

The first point made was that he plays for Schalke, nothing to do with the players ability. BOF is merely pointing out that we have in the past signed players from big clubs.

The first point made was that he plays for Schalke, nothing to do with the players ability. BOF is merely pointing out that we have in the past signed players from big clubs.

Yes and rightly so, but we were talking about Schalke because of the player Maximilian Meyer, not about random clubs we might sign players from.

I agree that he might have added that Meyer is a massive talent to help those who havn't seen him play understand why this is an unlikely target, but i think he like i thought that Meyer was a "household name". Easily as big or bigger talent than the likes of Shaw and Hughes

• Like 1

Â