Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Isn't Toivonen the swedish Bendtner? How's that Guidetti fella doing these days?

Eternally benched I think

Injured for the entire of last season unfortunately as he could be a great player.

Feyenoord want him back I read a few days ago, permanently.

I don't see what's changed in football to suggest that we should change our transfer policy

id guess benteke aside, how many of these guys see us a stepping stone? or plan on having one good season and running, hopefully none of them, we took the gamble, we give them the chance, we get the reward, okore has already turned down Chelsea because he wants to play at villa, we need more like him

the Marvin Martin link, no doubt a good player and 1 we'd like to sign for £10-12m, the only way we'll get more than 2 years out of him is if he does an nzogbia, hughes would be even worse IMO we wouldn't see him dust as soon as he started to do well

no point in signing all these big names whilst this mentality of a top 4 reserve squad let alone bench being better than starting 11 for a mid table team exists

Okore very much see us as a stepping stone I think as he is a chelsea fan and he came for playtime. Agger also recommended us. I doubt anyone else did. Tonev could have gone to Wolfsburg(?) or was at least linked, but that is hardly a much better and bigger club...

He'd add goals and assists from our midfield so I'd be definitely down with that... Might help Tonev settle too!!

-----------------Guzan

----------Vlaar----Okore

Lowton---------------------Luna

-------Delph-----Westwood

---------------Popov

Weimann-------------Agbonlahor

----------------Benteke

Would be a cracking team when all fit...

On a side note, does anyone think that if Benteke has a bit of a shocker of a season (less than 10 goals, which I hope not for obvious reasons..) That he would stay for next season?

No, he has something like 8 months left on his deal I believe.

I would be happy enough with him. He has been very good this season and would offer somes things in our attacking third what none of our other players seem to.

He'd add goals and assists from our midfield so I'd be definitely down with that... Might help Tonev settle too!!

-----------------Guzan

----------Vlaar----Okore

---------------Popov

----------------Benteke

On a side note, does anyone think that if Benteke has a bit of a shocker of a season (less than 10 goals, which I hope not for obvious reasons..) That he would stay for next season?

Based on current form i doubt any club would want him

-----------------Guzan

----------Vlaar----Okore

---------------Popov

----------------Benteke

Based on current form i doubt any club would want him

I was watching him in the WBA game and he just looked a shadow of last season.. Maybe a bit of second season syndrome but if he keeps that up he'll be with us for another year... I'd happily keep him though!! Pretty sure he will snap out of it soon enough, just getting properly up to speed again I hope!

Â