Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

I agree with the whole boggies being too arrogant thing. They're getting a bit too big for their boots at the moment. Yes they've ground out some decent results, but now to claim that only Benteke would get into their squad is laughable. The fact is, they're still living in our shadow, regardless of recent table positions, but now they're all genuinely starting to believe that they're the 'big' midlands club. I really hope we give them a proper spanking and put them in their place.

Benteke and Guzan would get in their side but after that I don't think we have any others who are a step up on their first 11.[/quote

Youd rather Gareth Macualey at centre half over Ron Vlaar?

Delph wouldnt get in over Mulumbu or Yacob?

Bacuna over Billy Jones?

Gabby over Long/Anelka?

Hardly being patronising. His formation suggested lowton up top alongside benteke etc

Lowton right back and bacuna on the wing please

Bacuna is better than Lowton defensively .. While Lowton is good offensively and one of the few players who have creativity .. Even Bacuna though .. The thing is that we will be attacked most of the game .. And we need to defend good ..

I'm not saying that Lowton should be a striker .. you could call it 433 or 451 or whatever .. as Crackpot said ..

Gareth Bale was a LB in the beginning after all ..

• Like 1

Benteke and Guzan would get in their side but after that I don't think we have any others who are a step up on their first 11.[/quote

Bacuna over Billy Jones?

Gabby over Long/Anelka?

Not saying that I know their squad very well .. I think they're the fewest team I've watched this year .. Many of their games are the same time of our games .. Or I'm sleeping when they play lol ..

Anyway .. Gabby if a different player to Long .. But would defenitely play over Anelka .. While Benteke over Long ..

I don't know Billy Jones .. Not that sure about Yacoub and Delph ..

I only know Olsen from their defence .. And don't know him very well .. I only remember he gave Herd a red card .. 

Benteke and Guzan would get in their side but after that I don't think we have any others who are a step up on their first 11.

Bacuna over Billy Jones?

Gabby over Long/Anelka?

Both Mulumbu and Yacob would walk into our midfield. I can only assume you haven't seen Smethwick play much to make such a comment. Edited by Isa

Is it me or does have the pre match feeling for when we played blues, can't wait

Yeah I think the international break makes us that bit hungrier for Premier League football. That we're coming back to a derby is all the better.  I just wish it wasn't MNF :(

Bacuna over Billy Jones?

Gabby over Long/Anelka?

Both Mulumbu and Yacob are ahead of Delph in what they offer - they are one of the better defensive midfield partnerships in the league in my opinion. They have been instrumental to our success and would compliment Villa greatly in my opinion.

You also do G-Mac a very big dis-service who has been nothing short of brilliant over the last couple of seasons and like YM and CY instrumental to our success. He's forged a very successful parntership with Jonas Olsson.

Billy Jones has improved greatly this season but I haven't seen enough of Bacuna to comment - I would imagine similar to what you've seen of Jones.

I would agree with your Gabby shout as you're comparing him to a Nicolas Anelka who seems to be past it at this level - thankfully his wage isn't much of a burden - had it been the Anelka of a few years ago then he too would be a great addition to your squad.

The genius that is Paul Merson has done a prediction of our game. He basically says if Benteke is fit we'll win and if he's not fit we'll lose. He then predicts a 1-1 draw. Legend.

• Like 1

The genius that is Paul Merson has done a prediction of our game. He basically says if Benteke is fit we'll win and if he's not fit we'll lose. He then predicts a 1-1 draw. Legend.

Like a fish out of a tree.  :) You have to love him!