Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

After being arguably robbed by the referee at Stamford Bridge, the Baggies will want to come back from the international break with a win over us.

On the other hand, we will go into the game refreshed and hopefully with Delph, Gabby, Luna and Weimann all back and ready for action.

A win for Villa will see us go above the Baggies, although I think the game will be extremely tight.

I'd like to see a 4-3-3, it is our best away formation and allows us to break on the counter:

keeper.png
Guzan

home.png
Lowton
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Clark
home.png
Luna

home.png
Sylla
home.png
Westwood
home.png
Delph

home.png
Bacuna
home.png
Benteke
home.png
Gabby

I think we can win this game, although I do think it will be right and I wouldn't be surprised if they got one over us.

I think we are going to struggle if we play as poor as we have been for the past 5 games (apart from the last 15 minutes today) and West Brom play as well as they have been recently.

Heart says 3-0 Villa win, head says 1-1.

Going be without a doubt a tough game, hopefully Gabby and Delph are back for it. The Tesco bags have been unlucky this season and should be higher in the table than they currently are, so thinking if we play our accustomed 4-3-3 away from home formation we'll nick it 2-1, with Olson spitting at fans in the stands.

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Baker, Sylla, Westwood, Delph, Bacuna, Gabby and Benteke.

I think its a tough game for us. I wouldn't like to predict it, but Bacuna must stay at right back.

Bacuna is wasted at RB. He's arguably our best player at the moment and we need to get him into positions where he can influence the game more. I'd have him as one of the midfield 3 and bring Lowton back in the RB spot (hopefully boosted by his assist yesterday.)

If we have our personnel back I'm quite positive about this game.

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Baker

Sylla Westwood Delph

Bacuna Benteke Gabby

Weimann and Kozak could make an impact from the bench. I would drop Kea for Delph.

1-2 Villa.

So Gabby walks straight back in the team even though he hasn't scored this season I think Kozak deserves to keep his place.

This couldn't have came at a better time as, hopefully, we'll have a full strength squad fit thanks to the break (apart from the long term absentees of course). At the start of the season, I was really looking forward to playing the baggies because we started so well and they looked a bit crap, but lately things have evened out somewhat as they've hit some form. I'm a bit nervous about this one, but we're capable of nicking it. 2-2 or 1-2 I reckon.

Edited by JoshVilla

It will be a tricky game for us, they played well against Chelsea but assuming we stick with arguably our best away formation, 4 3 3 I would go:

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Baker

Bacuna Westwood Delph

Benteke Kozak Gabby

And I reckon we will win 1 0, Gabby to get on the scoresheet

It will be a tricky game for us, they played well against Chelsea but assuming we stick with arguably our best away formation, 4 3 3 I would go:

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Baker

Bacuna Westwood Delph

Benteke Kozak Gabby

And I reckon we will win 1 0, Gabby to get on the scoresheet

I like that side although I think Clark should play at left back. And if Weimann is fit he's a great option from the bench. 

West Brom are a hard team atm .. And it's a Derby anyway !

I'd keep it tight and begin with :

Guzan ..

Bacuna .. Vlaar .. Baker .. Clark ..

Sylla .. Westwood .. Delph ..

Gabby .. Benteke .. Tonev ..

With two trump cards in Lowton and Kozak .. for Westwood or Sylla And for Gabby or Tonev ..

If we have our personnel back I'm quite positive about this game.

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Baker

Sylla Westwood Delph

Bacuna Benteke Gabby

Weimann and Kozak could make an impact from the bench. I would drop Kea for Delph.

1-2 Villa.

So Gabby walks straight back in the team even though he hasn't scored this season I think Kozak deserves to keep his place.

Gabby has a decent goal scoring record in derby games and his pace is vital in how we play, especially away from home. Must start for me despite his lack of goals.

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 2