Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

The genius that is Paul Merson has done a prediction of our game. He basically says if Benteke is fit we'll win and if he's not fit we'll lose. He then predicts a 1-1 draw. Legend.

That obviously means that he'll play the first half and get injured at H/T. ;)

"The first time some of them came back was today. They seem to be ok."Everybody seems not too bad thankfully," said the manager.

"We will see how they are tomorrow and if there is no reaction then hopefully we'll have a clean bill of health.

"Christian seems ok. He got a knock on his knee, as everybody knows, but he trained today.

"Andi will be fine. Ciaran will be ok. Obviously he missed the Ireland game but hopefully that will have done him the world of good.

"We'll see how Gabby is. He is doing really fine at the minute. He hasn't done much up until now. He looks ok.

"Fabian is the same. He is another one who hasn't done much since he has been injured but hopefully he'll be available.

"Luna has trained as well so that's another one that is available. The international break probably came at a good time for us.

"The only thing that is missing is that they haven't done much, apart from Christian."

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3546509,00.html

Looks like everyone back then. I hope Weimann does come back in, he's exactly what we need for this game. 

Edited by darrenm
  • Like 1

Reeeaaalllly hope Lambert doesn't drop Tonev in place of Weimann, can see it happening though being one of his favourites.

Glad Andi's back and playing, and Tonev back on bench.

Obviously i'm glad he's back too. However i personally thought Tonev showed enough against Cardiff to get another chance in the next game.

Reeeaaalllly hope Lambert doesn't drop Tonev in place of Weimann, can see it happening though being one of his favourites.

Weimann has done nothing to walk back into the team.

Obviously i'm glad he's back too. However i personally thought Tonev showed enough against Cardiff to get another chance in the next game.

I see what you mean. And Andi hasn't been at his best (this to Isa). However, I think he is an important piece of our puzzle, and it's imperative he gets his mojo back. The coach needs to believe in him now, not sit him. He's been out a bit, and hopefully comes back better.

I'm positive he'll start.

Given the intensity of the game, Weimann should start ahead of Tonev as he's not yet adjusted to the pace of the premier league.

I do think we should pair Sylla with Delph in the middle instead of KEA.

I think a lot of faith has been shown in him. Any other manager would've dropped him a while ago.

Yes, and I think and hope it'll continue some more.

Would you also be happy if the same amount of faith was being shown in an underperforming KEA or Bennett?

I think a lot of faith has been shown in him. Any other manager would've dropped him a while ago.

Yes, and I think and hope it'll continue some more.

Would you also be happy if the same amount of faith was being shown in an underperforming KEA or Bennett?

No, not really, they are more easily replaced. I don't think much of Tonev.