Weather...

Dodgyknees

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Not sure if this FB link will work, but somebody's back garden is no more. Not too far from me. 

Riddlesen sinkhole

Yikes. Poor people, hopefully they have good insurance. That was down the road from our house before we moved. There's a National Trust property (400 or 500 years old house) right next door to that street and on a hill right above the river. Hope that's alright. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Yikes. Poor people, hopefully they have good insurance. That was down the road from our house before we moved. There's a National Trust property (400 or 500 years old house) right next door to that street and on a hill right above the river. Hope that's alright. 

Yeah, looks like they're close to a river bank, and the whole thing has slid away. I'd imagine the house itself is now unsafe. 

53 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, looks like they're close to a river bank, and the whole thing has slid away. I'd imagine the house itself is now unsafe. 

That whole street overlooks the Aire. We considered buying a house at the other end of the road. 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Xann said:

@choffer - You getting this hail?

😮 

Nothing here. Bright and sunny just now. Hasn’t rained since early this morning. Must’ve skirted just past the people’s republic of Isleworth. 

Edited by choffer
Skirting past Isleworth being the recommended course of action in most circumstances.

I actually forget what rain is ( its just a memory ) but I am looking foreward to the first week of winter.Thats all I can handle of winter,after one week I am looking foreward to summer again.

Not sure,but I think the last time we had rain was September. 

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I actually forget what rain is ( its just a memory ) but I am looking foreward to the first week of winter.Thats all I can handle of winter,after one week I am looking foreward to summer again.

Not sure,but I think the last time we had rain was September. 

We sometimes go without rain for anything up to twenty minutes. 

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else think we have had a mildish winter? Not saying its been warm by any means but compared to years and years ago i think its been ok.

You oldies born in 70s and beyond that must be able to confirm this also? 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Does anyone else think we have had a mildish winter? Not saying its been warm by any means but compared to years and years ago i think its been ok.

You oldies born in 70s and beyond that must be able to confirm this also? 

It's definitely been mild, but winters are getting milder, seemingly. I think it was 1982, that was a crazy winter, the worst in my lifetime for snow. I lived in Donnington, Telford and I have never experienced snow that deep before or since. This year aside from wind, it mizzled a bit. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It's definitely been mild, but winters are getting milder, seemingly. I think it was 1982, that was a crazy winter, the worst in my lifetime for snow. I lived in Donnington, Telford and I have never experienced snow that deep before or since. This year aside from wind, it mizzled a bit. 

What sort of temperatures were you getting back then? 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

What sort of temperatures were you getting back then? 

Well 1981/82 was a bit of an anomoly. Temperatures however regularly dipped well below freezing. 

Â