Weather...

Dodgyknees

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

They shouldn't name it Isle of Wight if everything isn't white. I queried my parents on this around 4 or 5 years old and they told me it wasn't all white, really disappointing.

It's named after all the ghosts who 'live' there.

We were mostly in the eye of the swirly thing by the look of it. the rain is here in da Wales now, worst of the wind is coming this afternoon and into tomorrow by me. but it's definitely getting up. Not any leaves left on the autumnal trees by the end of the day. Glad I'm not nailing tiles onto someone's roof though.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

We were mostly in the eye of the swirly thing by the look of it. the rain is here in da Wales now, worst of the wind is coming this afternoon and into tomorrow by me. but it's definitely getting up. Not any leaves left on the autumnal trees by the end of the day. Glad I'm not nailing tiles onto someone's roof though.

We’ve been rained off today 

• Like 1

Isle of Wight was really rough overnight with lots of damage done , the shutters to the coastguard station have been caved in by the sea .Around 5am it calmed and we have now been back in the thick of it for a few hours . We’ve got leaves and debris blowing one way and the rain pelting in the opposite direction, very powerful storm 

Currently in Dawlish, and, well... There was a bit of wind and rain but really if I hadn't been reading the news I wouldn't have thought much of it. Can't really see much in the ways of damage or trees blown down or that sort of thing. Seem to have avoided the brunt of it entirely somehow.

I'd say this is rough :o.

That area in Jersey looks like a warzone.  Down here in Portsmouth it wasn't that bad at all.  We expected far worse and I was on full geek mode last night reading weather forums etc.  "If it shifts a bit further North we're in trouble" and comments like "this is ominous", "Michael Fish moment".  In the end, it stayed further South.  

Edited by trekka

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Horrific where I am in North West. In a caravan and don't feel safe at all.

Is that anything to do with the weather, or just in general?

• Haha 1

Â