The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yeah, the move that helped send Benoit insane.

diving headbutt really should be banned, was reading it put Dynamite Kid in a wheelchair. Its great spectacle but should be banned or only used on special occasions

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

diving headbutt really should be banned, was reading it put Dynamite Kid in a wheelchair. Its great spectacle but should be banned or only used on special occasions

I think this is why they banned chair shots to the head as well

They seem to take a lot of influence from the modern American indies like PWG - hard hitting, well produced, mix of technical/high flying/strong style/puro and they apparently have a seperate ladies show too, like SHIMMER and CZW's subsidiary WSU. I've never watched any of it, but it can't be a bad thing having UK wrestling take on that persona if it generates more interest and talent. Same goes for ICW who appear to be going from strength to strength.

There are semi-frequent wrestling shows pretty much just down the road from me which have featured wrestlers like Brodus Clay in recent years, but I've never had any inclination to go. These shows though look a lot of fun, and as they occupy places like The Ritz in Manc often (balcony dives!) I am aware of them and I'm sure they're a lot of fun, and am half tempted to attend one some time.

Edited by hogso

Maybe someone who watches this regularly can explain, but what's the deal with the Hurricanrana?   I get that WWE is increasingly influenced by the Mexican and Japanese styles of wrestling but it's the shittest move in the book isn't it? 

I've just typed it in to YouTube, set the filter to videos less than a month old and this was third in the list. It highlights perfectly why it's a crap move. Are you supposed to buy into the fact that someone can throw an opponent to the floor by gripping his head with their knees and sort of spinning?  Even when it's executed perfectly it just looks like the person standing up has to take a dive to make it work, when it's botched like this one it looks awful.  

Bring back the atomic drop. 

Scott Steiner could make it look brutal, but he was a lot baulkier than the little Mexican fellas.  It does look a bit daft seeing someone so light flipping a huge bloke over his head but I guess there are only so many ways they can make a contest between small and big guys.

4 hours ago, YGabbana said:

I doubt he actually faces taker though, it will end up being Sting instead

I can't see it being Sting as he's out. He practically broke his neck against Seth Rollins and needed surgery. I will be surprised if he is all healed for Wrestlemania let alone ready to be in a Hell in a Cell match. I think people forget that this is Shane McMahon the guy that fell 50ft off the titantron at Summerslam 2000, the guy that then jumped another good 50-60ft off the titantron at Backlash 2001. This guy takes bumps unlike anyone else in the company and he's built like a tank these days, he's far more in shape and athletic now than he was 10 years ago.. Shane McMahon lives for the extreme side of wrestling his match against Kurt Angle at King of the Ring 2001 when he was thrown through two plate glass windows cracking his head on the concrete as he landed. A match against The Undertaker in Hell in a Cell is probably more daunting for Taker at his age than Shane O' Mac.  

On 23/02/2016 at 12:59, Daweii said:

I can't see it being Sting as he's out. He practically broke his neck against Seth Rollins and needed surgery. I will be surprised if he is all healed for Wrestlemania let alone ready to be in a Hell in a Cell match. I think people forget that this is Shane McMahon the guy that fell 50ft off the titantron at Summerslam 2000, the guy that then jumped another good 50-60ft off the titantron at Backlash 2001. This guy takes bumps unlike anyone else in the company and he's built like a tank these days, he's far more in shape and athletic now than he was 10 years ago.. Shane McMahon lives for the extreme side of wrestling his match against Kurt Angle at King of the Ring 2001 when he was thrown through two plate glass windows cracking his head on the concrete as he landed. A match against The Undertaker in Hell in a Cell is probably more daunting for Taker at his age than Shane O' Mac.  

Hmm not sure, technically Drake Younger/Wuertz is 'in the company', and he and to a lesser extent Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose both took some very, very sick bumps in CZW ;)

Your point is spot on though, in short, Shane O'Mac in a HITC match at Wrestlemania probably makes me buy a WWE Network sub for a month.

On 24/02/2016 at 13:15, hogso said:

Hmm not sure, technically Drake Younger/Wuertz is 'in the company', and he and to a lesser extent Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose both took some very, very sick bumps in CZW ;)

Your point is spot on though, in short, Shane O'Mac in a HITC match at Wrestlemania probably makes me buy a WWE Network sub for a month.

Haha those are very good cases and Ambrose for sure has taken some mean bumps while being in WWE as well, not to the level of CZW that won't happen unless WWE starts targeting a TV-MA rating.

I keep hearing that there may be a swerve planned for this Shane O'Mac storyline. It seems that The Undertaker will be out on Raw to state why he doesn't want to do Vince McMahon's bidding.. In that case it may wind up being The Undertaker w/ Shane McMahon vs ?? w/ Vince McMahon with the fate of WWE on the line. As much as I sing Shane's praises as a great in-ring worker maybe even he knows he's too old for this.

I love that this has spurred the fans hardcore and casual alike into fevered speculation over what will happen with this match.

Â