The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Just finished watching it - yep, bad.

Dump the smackdown show, and give NXT it's two hour slot. Not that that would ever happen, but it's what wrestling fans are crying out for. 

Going back to the NXT Takeover show, I see Biff Busick wrestled a dark match, hope he does better than Sami Callaghan did. 

Edited by hogso

I've seen the Undertaker vs Shane match, it was a decent effort from them but in the context of anything, just seems a bit confused.  It was almost dangling the idea that there may be a change coming up if Shane won but then they destroyed it and then gave Roman Reigns the title to ram it home by the sound of things.  I think Vince genuinely hates the fact that there are so many fans on the internet who think they know better and he is trolling them.

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've seen the Undertaker vs Shane match, it was a decent effort from them but in the context of anything, just seems a bit confused.  It was almost dangling the idea that there may be a change coming up if Shane won but then they destroyed it and then gave Roman Reigns the title to ram it home by the sound of things.  I think Vince genuinely hates the fact that there are so many fans on the internet who think they know better and he is trolling them.

Nothing is gained. Shane winning would have made things genuinely interesting but him losing puts that to bed and he probably won't be seen much again. Undertaker going life and death with Vince's son makes Taker look extremely weak, Undertaker has no where to go from this victory. 

i was going to watch it but saw the card and didnt excite me as I consider myself a casual fan these days

did see the clip of Mick Foley, Michaels and Austin. Foley was slower than Gestede

I stopped watching about 4 months ago, the roster is absolutely terrible & until they stop ramming RR down the viewers throats I'm out.

They need to do something more with Bray to, with him & his crew he could make an amazing heel. No one else is doing the supernatural thing, not saying he's the next taker but there's so much more they could do with him instead on these meaningless feuds he always ends up loosing. He's also brilliant on the mic, instead they continue serving up people like RR & Cena.

The Invasion was the worst thing to ever happen to WWE. At least from a viewer's perspective.

Obviously from a business perspective it was fupping brilliant.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Invasion was the worst thing to ever happen to WWE. At least from a viewer's perspective.

Obviously from a business perspective it was fupping brilliant.

I think it killed the business though financially and creatively as well, WWE probably make more money if they had a competition like WCW still around today. Never got anywhere close to ratings they were getting in 2000 for example and cant imagine sponsorship or Hollywood interested in stars like they were back then

Just read the Raw results and watched a few clips. Enzo and Cass got an amazing reaction. Likewise Cesaro. Looks a pretty fun show. Looks like Reigns is slowly transitioning to a heel and Wyatts as faces. Bray Wyatt needs to be a face imo. He needs to go up against Reigns for the title or the authority.

1 hour ago, YGabbana said:

So shane is in charge of raw anyway lol.

AJ Styles new number 1 contender

LOL so what exactly was the point in Mania? So AJ loses to Jericho and then the next night becomes #1 contender? Shane loses, in doing so making Undertaker look extremely weak but still becomes GM of Raw?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think it killed the business though financially and creatively as well, WWE probably make more money if they had a competition like WCW still around today. Never got anywhere close to ratings they were getting in 2000 for example and cant imagine sponsorship or Hollywood interested in stars like they were back then

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about the financial stuff. I reckon WWE make way more these days than they would have done in the 90's, despite the fact the show is nowhere near as good.

Also, Hollywood not interested in the stars?

john-cena-the-marine-poster-final__iphon

35706.jpg

23BD007700000578-2867764-image-a-25_1418

ed9b069fca7a61fa399a0f559cc8fa76.jpg

7320018b38a87bb164907e252ae9650b.jpg

They have their own studios. I bet they make absolutely shit loads from Movies.

LOL so what exactly was the point in Mania? So AJ loses to Jericho and then the next night becomes #1 contender? Shane loses, in doing so making Undertaker look extremely weak but still becomes GM of Raw?

Complete waste of time lmao

What a waste of time Wrestlemania was. When even The Rock is incredibly irritating then you know they're doing something wrong. Tried to put Wyatt over but then buries him.

Coming back to finishing moves that look like they don't hurt - the Styles Clash. I'm not sure anyone has ever been knocked out by being dropped on their quads... Doesn't look remotely painful. Even worse than Cena's. I know he **** it up once and broke someone's neck (or something like that) but when he does it properly it just looks stupid.

I wonder how different the landscape of wrestling in North America would be now if the Invasion had never happened? WCW was done no matter what, that much is certain, and as bad as the storyline got, and the missed opportunities there were, there were undoubtebly positives, but plenty of negatives too. It led to the Undisputed Title which I loved seeing Jericho win, but the less good brand split. Remember those Draft Lottery things? Jeez. It had WWE revive the ECW brand to pretty spectacular universal criticism, but that in turn did lead to NXT. So you could agrue, no Invasion, no NXT, which is one of the hottest things in world wrestling right now.

My memory of the event itself is mostly a positive one, especially when it started. Lance Storm, of all people, turning up to randomly attack someone at MSG wasn't it? I was a 14 year old kid though, not a smark, so it all seemed quite cool to me. I loved Mike Awesome winning the Hardcore Title due to the 24/7 rules when he had never even been see on WWF TV before. Looking at the PPV itself, the booking could've been worse too, gimmick matches aside;

Spoiler
No. Results Stipulations Times
1H Chavo Guerrero (Alliance) defeated Scotty 2 Hotty (WWF) Singles match[15] 06:43
2 Edge and Christian (WWF) defeated Lance Storm and Mike Awesome (Alliance) Tag team match 10:10
3 Earl Hebner (WWF) defeated Nick Patrick (Alliance) Singles match with Mick Foley as special guest referee 02:50
4 The APA (Faarooq and Bradshaw) (WWF) defeated The Natural Born Thrillers (Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo) (Alliance) Tag team match 07:17
5 Billy Kidman (Alliance) defeated X-Pac (WWF) Singles match 07:12
6 Raven (Alliance) defeated William Regal (WWF) Singles match 06:34
7 Chris Kanyon, Shawn Stasiak and Hugh Morrus (Alliance) defeated Billy Gunn, Big Show and Albert (WWF) Six-man tag team match 04:23
8 Tajiri (WWF) defeated Tazz (Alliance) Singles match 05:43
9 Rob Van Dam (Alliance) defeated Jeff Hardy (WWF) (c) Hardcore match for the WWF Hardcore Championship 12:24
10 Trish Stratus and Lita (WWF) defeated Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler (Alliance) Bra and Panties match with Mick Foley as special guest referee 05:04
11 The Alliance (Booker T, Diamond Dallas Page, Rhyno and The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley) defeated Team WWF (Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker and Kane) Inaugural Brawl 29:03
  • (c) – refers to the champion(s) heading into the match
  • H – indicates the match was broadcast prior to the pay-per-view on Sunday Night Heat

Chris Kanyon, man. Whatta guy.

Â