The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

NXT was excellent, but jeez with Ibushi and Roode coming in too they must surely extend the show length and give them a monthly special now? There's probably a case to be made for a longer show equating to reduced quality, but it seems to really need it with the roster. Plus a mid tiered title? 

Colour and **** PG chant in the main event :D and I dunno if it was wishful thinking, but it sounded like a CZW chant when they were trying to clean up Joe. Nice to see Drake Younger at the top of the bill refereeing too, must be highly thought of, and I guess he brings something extra to the role having actually been a professional wrestler for years. 

Zayn is clearly not returning to NXT, so I'd love to see him win the IC ladder match at WM. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

Loads of rumours circulating that Goldberg will return LOL

Also, at Sting's HOF retirement speech he said he's not saying "goodbye" but "see you later", then walks off shades on and bat in hand. Perhaps teasing an appearance at Mania?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

33 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Sounds like it was a really bad wrestlemania apart from a few spots

Yep, from what I've read, no big returns (unless you count DDP in the Battle Royal), plus a shit world title match with a shit finish too. Apparently they had to mute the boos when Reigns won. 

• Like 1

What was good

- Ladder match was great.  Especially the bits with Zayn and Owens.  Best spot was Stardust and Sin Cara. Nice to see Ryder win - unexpected.
- Divas match was fantastic - probably the best of the night.
- Stone Cold, Mick Foley and Shawn Michaels were great. Shawn looks like he could go now easily.
- I thought Ambrose came out looking great.
- Shane O Mac, that is all. Wow.
- Great surprise win for Corbin.
- Great to see Cena back.

What was bad

- Bad booking with Ryder in that he was a replacement for Neville and they didn't build him up so It was hard to get behind him.
- AJ Styles should be winning imo
- I fell asleep during LON and New Day match
- Sasha has to be winning the title at Wrestlemania.  Has to.
- Would've been cool to see Shane O Mac to win to see what happens on Raw.
- Battle Royale was a mess. What the hell was Shaq doing there?
- What the f was that Rock segment?! First that flamethrower business, awful. I was so happy to see Bray come out but then he and the family got treated like crap once again. Just make him face and get everyone behind him. They have almost completely ruined him.
- No way in hell Roman Reigns should be winning, at least not without a heel turn or interference. I see WWE edited the sound to drown out the boos and there were a lot of them.

All in all there were some memorable moments for sure but some of the booking decisions were awful. 7/10.

99% with Omar,

Spoiler

hate to see Cena back.

One of the strangest/worst wm's I've ever seen. Some great matches with the weirdest finishes/decisions I've seen. Some awful matches with downright awful finishes/decisions.

And that main event was the worst main event I've ever seen at a wm and shame on wwe for fiddling with the audio throughout to make Roman look strong. Muting the crowd audio, turning up the commentary and piping in positive reactions at some points. Literally trying to re-write history as it happens to suit Vince's demented mind. WM32 was Vince's big fat FU to the fans.

Takeover confirmed for me that I think I'm close to done with the main roster stuff, it just makes me unhappy now. You won't beat Zayn v Nakamura this year for me.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Styles losing, what a terrible **** decision. He should have won and moved on from the over the hill Jericho, where the hell does this leave Styles now? Lower mid card?

What's ridiculous is that people keep kicking out of the Styles Clash, it's the most unique finisher in WWE, very few even want to receive the move, so it when it does get performed no one should be kicking out.

That was a **** wank Wrestlemania with bizarre booking. 

Ryder winning was cool in that it was unexpected, and I'm happy for the guy. After that the show just dropped off a cliff though.

Why did Jericho need to beat Styles? He didn't need it. He lost to Fandango a couple Wrestlemania's ago to put him over for god sake. Where does AJ go now? To the majority of the audience who might not know who AJ is he's going to look completely average now.

Why did the LoN beat New Day? New Day are white hot right now and the crowd love them, just let them win and get the crowd cheering even more. You can still do the legends spot if they win. I'm a huge Austin and Foley fan but man, my enthusiasm had been drained by that point and I wasn't nearly as excited as I should have been to see those guys again.

Lesnar v Ambrose was pointless, and weirdly uneventful. What did it achieve? Nothing. 

The Women's triple-threat was the best of the night, but the ending was painfully predictable and pretty much just shat on all their efforts imo. Ric Flair needs to **** off. Cool new belt at least.

Undertaker vs Shane, why? Cool spot but honestly what on Earth was the point of this whole thing? Why have Shane come back, add that stipulation that got every excited that something might finally change for once on Raw and then just have him lose anyway. It also made 'taker look like a complete bitch. He needs to retire already. My biggest wtf moment of the night.

Andre battle royale... Shaq, Tatanka, DDP. I don't need to say any more.

The Rock showed up with a flamethrower and had a fight with Eric Rowan, and it took several days for the damn segment to end.

And the main event, oh boy. Without question the worst Wrestlemania main event I've ever seen, and simply one of the worst wrestling matches I've ever seen. Glacial pace, no excitement, and hilariously bizarre atmosphere after they muted the crowd because everyone was booing Roman.

Terrible, terrible show that I regret staying up for and has drained my enthusiasm to watch WWE any time soon. I'll check out the Raw results to see if anything interesting happens but I doubt it. It felt like it was booked purely to spite the fans and nothing more.

**** off Vince you bitter, spiteful old man.

• Like 2

Â