What is that 1 song you hate by that 1 artist you love?

dAVe80

There are a few Rush songs I hate...

Rivendell & Madrigal (in short, vaguely mythological ballad => shit)

Chemistry (there's a reason that the sporadic lyrical contributions of Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson stopped... this is perhaps a notch above the previous two due to some sweet instrumental changeups)

Kid Gloves (the second in a series of songs to cash in on the 80s nerdy outcast teenage fan... the 45 second instrumental break from 2:25 does a bit to save it (it's easily a candidate for best 80s Lifeson solo))

Emotion Detector would have been on this list as the "Kid Gloves" of the next album, but the break from 3:30 to 4:20 does manage to save it... this is one of those songs that took a long time to break through for me...

Nobody's Hero (verges on vomit-inducing)

I don't hate any of Queen's songs, but having said that I think they could've turned their backs on the Flash Gordon-project. But I think that was mainly Brian's work. And even that pile of shite contained one or two good songs.

Really don't like Metallica's Fight fire with fire, which I feel don't fit in on their best album.

There are a few Rush songs I hate...

&
(in short, vaguely mythological ballad => shit)

(there's a reason that the sporadic lyrical contributions of Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson stopped... this is perhaps a notch above the previous two due to some sweet instrumental changeups)

(the second in a series of songs to cash in on the 80s nerdy outcast teenage fan... the 45 second instrumental break from 2:25 does a bit to save it (it's easily a candidate for best 80s Lifeson solo))

would have been on this list as the "Kid Gloves" of the next album, but the break from 3:30 to 4:20 does manage to save it... this is one of those songs that took a long time to break through for me...

(verges on vomit-inducing)

Cough *** one song **** cough

Risso, on 26 Sept 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Belle and Sebastian - The Boy Done Wrong Again.  Atrocious bit of tunesmithery.  If I played it to Blandy I think he'd spontaneously combust.

do it  .... do it 

• Like 1

Maybe hate is a bit of strong word, but it's utter shit compared to his best stuff (which is up there with the very best stuff in the history of recorded music)

• Like 2

Â