Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

My mate has Preston season ticket and was gutted.

Their best forward Joel Garner is out for months still as well.

If he does get a sniff now and scores, Lambert will probably get credit for bringing him back at just the right time and "giving him his chance"  :blush:

My mate has Preston season ticket and was gutted.

Their best forward Joel Garner is out for months still as well.

If he does get a sniff now and scores, Lambert will probably get credit for bringing him back at just the right time and "giving him his chance" :blush:

And he'd be right to no? If he scored today, for example, then you could say he was bought back a month or so ago to train with the first team and get up to speed, then introduced at the right time. Good management. Or does that not fit the agenda?

If he doesn't play between now and say the end of Feb then it was a poor decision in my opinion, but let's see how the lad progresses from here. He's got a chance.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

He won't get a sniff unless there's injuries though, at the moment the front two is Gabby and Benteke and Weimann is next in line so Robinson can't even make the bench.

The problem is we don't win games comfortably 2/3-0 anymore so we can't give our promising young players 15 minutes at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok now I'm confused, not even on the bench for the cup game?

What's going on?

Think he was injured, hopefully see him at the weekend.

Edit: Cup tied aswell.

Edited by Avfc96

Ok now I'm confused, not even on the bench for the cup game?

What's going on?

he was cup-tied! played for Preston in earlier round and scored a hat-trick against Waterlooville

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2829200/Havant-Waterlooville-0-3-Preston-Callum-Robinson-hat-trick-sinks-NINE-man-non-League-FA-Cup-round.html

Callum Robinson scored his first-ever career hat-trick as Preston North End eased into the second round of the FA Cup with a 3-0 victory against nine-man Havant and Waterlooville.
The on-loan Aston Villa teenager scored twice in the first half and added a penalty with 10 minutes remaining as the visitors returned to winning ways against a non-League Havant side that saw Brian Stock and Warren Cummings sent off.
The game was just seven minutes old when Robinson burst down the left and drilled past Havant goalkeeper Ryan Young at his near post. 

Edited by Villan4Life

Lambert is too afraid to use the kids.. why did he get recalled? should have just stuck Burke on the bench instead of calling him back to fill the squad sheet. This kid could have had 10 goals by now and really been buzzing.

• Like 3

Absolutely. The handling of Robinson is completely indefensible.

Why did he bring him back then? Stupidity? Malice? Let's not just stick a 'wrong' hat on Lambert and then not ask where we got it.

Remembering of course that hindsight is 20/20. Bent was heading off on loan with Derby agreeing to pay a large part of his wages, Benteke was just back after injury, and possibly not fit enough to play every game, in a wait and see sort of scenario. It was considered judicious maybe then that we would sacrifice a few months of Robinson's game time in League 1 in order to maybe have him come in and play back up to Benteke at Villa, in case we needed a striker in his mould.

I think we're all sort of getting too bogged down on how important a loan spell like that is to a player's development. Especially a loan to League One. Probably not too much of a difference between League 1 and Reserves. And certainly if there's a chance of him getting a game in PL now and again, it might tilt the balance in favour of him coming back. 

Which it obviously did. Some players just don't go out on loan before they start in the Premier League and they don't turn out worse players as a result. There's no one saying that Drennan's loan to Portsmouth turned him into a superstar, or that Jack Wilshere would be a better player if he had done a year in Carlisle.

He is injured at the moment, he has just tweeted 'Another good week of rehab, feeling good & strong, back running next week' That probably explains why he hasn't been used over the last couple of weeks........for all we know Lambert did have intentions of using him but couldn't.

Â