Libor Kozák

samjp26

HH, the manager has done brilliantly. But once again it is proof of the crap The General posted, he always said managers would be backed. Unfortunately it seems there is no money there and the best manager we have had for years and years is suffering that. Such a bloody shame.

Yeah if only the fans would come out and support the team - that attendance against Liverpool was a poor show - even the chairman wasn't there !

I think you're making too much of one good attendance.

If just attendances meant you could spend big money, why haven't newcastle and sunderland had big net spends this summer?

Secondly, this attacking midfielder I keep reading about. What is Gabby...is he not an attacking midfield player? What is Tonev? Doesn't Weimann play as a wide midfield player? So there are plenty of flair players in midfield.

Maybe some people believe you must have a number 10 - someone who plays in the hole. Well, you don't. If you have enough quality from out wide - and if you watch Gabby closely you will see more often than not he comes inside anyway - then I don't see the drama.

I completely disagree. Teams will just sit back, mark the space and force us out wide whilst being compact in the middle. Just like Liverpool did. It's not juts an attacking midfielder we need, it's a creative one. To which Gabby and Weimann are definitely not. I'm all for having another striker in. But with Bent and Bannan going I'd like to think we could bring in another player. 

I personally think Ricardo Vaz Te would have been a more effective signing that this guy, granted I know nothing about him, but this signing smells of Dawkins Mark 2, i'd happily be proven wrong though.  Seems a desperate buy.

Creative midfielders cost a decent amount of money - something Lerner obviously isn't prepared to back Lambert with.

I wonder what Hellanus is thinking. Couldn't be up to much good in training.

For the thousand time Hellanius was told he would be played as an attacking player either wide or behind the striker.

He was not brought in to lead the line.

From the Beeb.

Football agent Barry Silkman on BBC Radio 5 Live: "I've got three mobiles and I'm taking calls. I'm trying to make two deals happen today. One of the players involved was supposed to arrive from Italy last night. I can't say who the player is - but hopefully the deal will get done."

:detect:

From the Beeb.

Football agent Barry Silkman on BBC Radio 5 Live: "I've got three mobiles and I'm taking calls. I'm trying to make two deals happen today. One of the players involved was supposed to arrive from Italy last night. I can't say who the player is - but hopefully the deal will get done."

:detect:

I did hear this on my drive into work this morning and I'm sure he mentioned it was a London club involved. Hopefully it's not this deal he was talking about anyway as it was relying on certain other loan signings etc. falling into place first, it all sounded far from 100% likely to happen.

Maybe because Lambert is the manager and he will sign players for the positions he wants? Obviously there are limits involved but I expect the type of player he chooses to sign is down to him, and I'll back him if that's what he wants. After all he's the one who manages the team.

As we've seen before though no-one is infallible, not even Lambert so just being the manager of our team doesn't make him right.

If you include Kozak and we keep playing the system which has improved our results then neither Kozak, Bowery or Helenius is going to be given much game time if our front three stay fit.

That to me with limited funding available is a total waste of resources. Lambert is creating his own bomb squad for this season rather than actually using the limited finance to improve the first team.

Creative midfielders cost a decent amount of money - something Lerner obviously isn't prepared to back Lambert with.

For the thousand time Hellanius was told he would be played as an attacking player either wide or behind the striker.

Is this an opinion or a fact?

Is this an opinion or a fact?

It is Lambert and Helanius' opinion. The bit from his interview is here: 

He regards himself more as a ‘No.10’ support striker than an out-and-out centre forward, but insists he will gladly play anywhere to be part of Lambert’s emerging team.

“They see me playing different positions rather than just as a striker,” said Helenius. “They think I’m fast enough to play on the wing and I agree. I’m also able to play in the hole behind the striker.

“Personally I’ve always seen myself as a player in the hole behind the striker because of my finishing ability outside the area and Villa sees me the same way, as a flexible striker.

“Personally I’ve always seen myself as a player in the hole behind the striker because of my finishing ability outside the area and Villa sees me the same way, as a flexible striker.

Mic.gif

If you include Kozak and we keep playing the system which has improved our results then neither Kozak, Bowery or Helenius is going to be given much game time if our front three stay fit.

That to me with limited funding available is a total waste of resources. Lambert is creating his own bomb squad for this season rather than actually using the limited finance to improve the first team.

If Kozak does come in then yes it would seem likely that he will for the most part be back up to Benteke this season. Of course in certain games they could also very well play up top together.

As for Bowery he came in for a few hudred thousand from Chesterfield and it may well be he will not make it at this level. I dare say he is on no more than around 5k a week so if he doesn't make it as a Prem player there will be no problem with off loading him. I also think he is seen by Lambert as more of a wide midfielder/attacker much in the same way as Gabby.

As for Helenius it seems that he has been quoted as saying that he has been brought in as a wide attacker or to play just behind the main striker.

With the above in mind I'd say we most definately need someone like Kozak as if Benteke gets injured we currently have no like for like replacement. It should also be remembered that Benteke will almost certainly be off at the end of the season so it is no bad thing if we can bring a potential replacement in for him now and get him up to speed this season whilst Benteke is still here.

Edited by markavfc40

I personally think Ricardo Vaz Te would have been a more effective signing that this guy, granted I know nothing about him, but this signing smells of Dawkins Mark 2, i'd happily be proven wrong though. Seems a desperate buy.

The top goalscorer in the Europa league last season smells of Dawkins Mk2 ?

FFS, have a word with yourself

• Like 1

I personally think Ricardo Vaz Te would have been a more effective signing that this guy, granted I know nothing about him, but this signing smells of Dawkins Mark 2, i'd happily be proven wrong though. Seems a desperate buy.

The top goalscorer in the Europa league last season smells of Dawkins Mk2 ?

FFS, have a word with yourself

Hear, hear. :clap:

granted I know nothing about him

Â