Libor Kozák

samjp26

Still not sure about this guy. Looks decent in the air when attacking balls in the box but poor in the air everywhere else. Touch seems hit and miss and has a serious lack of pace.

Seems to have a good attitude and puts the effort in and gets himself in good positions.

I would imagine its going to take him some time to get himself match fit and sharp for the upcoming season.

• Like 1

Lets give him a full season. Last season he was settling in. Benteke didn't hit his straps straight away either. A bad injury also.. he will need time. I think he will be a good squad player for us.

• Like 3

He and Benteke may never come back the same. Awful injuries the pair of them. I think its a travesty we've got players up top like this and we've done absolutely F.A. to find a talented winger to constantly hit them with crosses. Gabby is not that guy Paul, nor is Andi. Albrighton is the closest thing to that and we get rid.

• Like 1

N'Zogbia was always better at dribbling for his own benefit than being a winger that provided chances for strikers

Which made our decision to sign him for 10m to replace two out and out chance creators in Downing/Young all the more bizarre. As did not spending the rest of the 28m leftover on buying another actual winger

• Like 1

So from memory, albrighton got one assist I think from a cross during this so called magical spell he had toward the end of the season (gabby vs Swansea)

Said it before, say it again - he just puts balls in the area and doesn't pay attention to where the strikers are, that ain't worth £40k pw, not imo

We went over this in the relevant thread months ago. Albrighton had one of the highest ratios of chances created to minutes played in the whole division. The fact that our tepid attack failed to convert many of those chances doesn't mean that he didn't provide them. 

Kozak would've benefited from that supply line. 

• Like 2

I think most people who watched Marc realised his limitations but recognised he was a breath of fresh air towards the end when he got a few games he was far more dangerous than Wiemann/Gabby were, stats don't always tell the story of a game or performance.

• Like 1

Albrighton never did much outside of cross a ball, but his crossing was so, so much better than anyone else we have.  I'm ok with him being released if it's all about wages but, from a footballing point of view, it's silly to release good crossers of a football when you have Benteke and Kozak as striking option.

So from memory, albrighton got one assist I think from a cross during this so called magical spell he had toward the end of the season (gabby vs Swansea)

Said it before, say it again - he just puts balls in the area and doesn't pay attention to where the strikers are, that ain't worth £40k pw, not imo

4 assists.  For Delph against Chelsea, for Holt against Fulham (corner), for Gabby against Swansea and for Westwood against Hull.

For whatever it's worth, those 4 assists came in his last 8 games and he definitely didn't play 90 minutes in each game.

• Like 4

bobzy, on 13 Jun 2014 - 1:57 PM, said:

bannedfromHandV, on 12 Jun 2014 - 2:15 PM, said:

4 assists.  For Delph against Chelsea, for Holt against Fulham (corner), for Gabby against Swansea and for Westwood against Hull.

For whatever it's worth, those 4 assists came in his last 8 games and he definitely didn't play 90 minutes in each game.

It's the job of the so called strikers to get in to the  danger areas that he can cross into not for Marc to cross it to them on the edge of the box all game because they can't be assed to move.

• 1 month later...
Â