Libor Kozák

samjp26

To suggest Kozak is better at heading than benteke is pure madness.

After watching the goal again i think he took it better than I first thought.

I think you could argue he's better at his accuracy when he does get his head to the ball. However, Benteke is far more effective because he's so much better at winning the ball.

I'd agree with this, Benteke is exceptional at actually getting his head to the ball and winning headers but once he gets there his actual accuracy and control could definitely improve. On the other hand we have Kozac who needs to improve at actually getting his head to the ball but when he does is very good at generating power and controlling the header. 

Big John doesn't seem to be saying anything overly negative, nor saying anything that a good portion of people would agree with, I don't understand why users are picking apart his every post?

praisedmambo specifically said that to suggest Kozak being better than Benteke at heading was not madness. he then bases his opinion comparing over a year's worth of watching Benteke, to 3 headers Kozak make at the weekend

I would say that the header after the missed penalty at Arsenal was an intelligent, controlled, deft header from Benteke. His 3rd at Sunderland also springs to mind as something less powered, more placed.

His 3rd at Sunderland which was a shot with his right foot?  :detect:

It was our 3rd, not his 3rd, but I think you know what he meant.  The header from the rebound off the goalkeeper, which was deftly guided in as Benteke was stooping.

Big John doesn't seem to be saying anything overly negative, nor saying anything that a good portion of people would agree with, I don't understand why users are picking apart his every post?

praisedmambo specifically said that to suggest Kozak being better than Benteke at heading was not madness. he then bases his opinion comparing over a year's worth of watching Benteke, to 3 headers Kozak make at the weekend

I would say that the header after the missed penalty at Arsenal was an intelligent, controlled, deft header from Benteke. His 3rd at Sunderland also springs to mind as something less powered, more placed.

His 3rd at Sunderland which was a shot with his right foot? :detect:

It was our 3rd, not his 3rd, but I think you know what he meant. The header from the rebound off the goalkeeper, which was deftly guided in as Benteke was stooping.

yeah this thank you I didn't proof read my post. Very sorry I didn't get the facts 100% right Stephan, now it's all cleared up would you like to respond or mock any of the rest of my post?

I do have faith in kozak and I think that he will become a good player for us. From what I have seen so far, I believe that he was bought to be developed into more of a poacher like player. He has good positioning, a physical presence and can put the ball in the net. His Europa goals indicates this because at that level, it's about being in the right spot at the right time and getting that important goal. I know it wasn't the most flashy goal but the Norwich goal got us 3 points and the goal against Cardiff was a pretty good bit of finishing that killed off the game. Hopefully he can build on this. I also think that kozak and Benteke can make an effective partnership. Benteke would be able to create goals out of nothin and get more involved in the play, while kozak would be able to capitalise on the goals from direct service. If Benteke gets 20+ goals and kozak gets around 12-15 I would consider that a good bit of progress and worth the money.

Edited by Irinous
  • Like 1

Haha, I just meant that even though I personally think he's a clogger from what I've seen, I'm not going to say he's a bad signing or he's never going to cut it.

You have to give him a chance.

Totally agree with this. VT may well end up with egg on its face once again. True to say I'm none too impressed myself yet, but I remember thinking the same early on with Benteke. Granted to a lesser degree but nobody expects him to turn out that good surely?

He's got a couple of goals, proven to be a nuisance if nothing else. It's a start.

Haven't really read this thread because I assumed it would be everyone saying how great he was. Intelligent player with great movement and excellent finishing.

Two goals for a team that so far this season has created chances at the same rate as a team like Norwich or West Ham.

Remember page 94 when I said Kozak was awesome. We won't sell him on for under 30 million either.

Haven't really read this thread because I assumed it would be everyone saying how great he was. Intelligent player with great movement and excellent finishing.

Two goals for a team that so far this season has created chances at the same rate as a team like Norwich or West Ham.

Remember page 94 when I said Kozak was awesome. We won't sell him on for under 30 million either.

Some excellent Connerisms in there.

Please not this again. It was quirky for a short time on the Bannon thread, then became boring.

Please do not ruin this thread as well.

• Like 1

Â