Libor Kozák

samjp26

He could have scored a hat trick today and there'd be a reason to moan.

And he could have scored none and still somehow be credited with an assist for something.

Haha BJ you're trying too hard.

• Like 1

What did he do that was so good?

Score.

Well I did mention that and he took it well. But a goal doesn't mean a good performance. What did he do that made his performance good? A couple of nice touches is hardly setting the world on fire.

What impressed me about his performance was that he showed he is smart and was a big part in most of our good moves going forward. Alot of nice touches and smart passes and great positioning.  He may of lost the majority of his aerial battles but to compare him to Benteke in that sense is unfair as Benteke was miles ahead of anyone in that department last season in the premiership.  I'll settle for Kozak playing the way he did today regardless of his percentage of aerial battles won.... oh and btw did you notice the two aerial battles that he won in the 6 yard box, one was a great effort and the other was a goal !!

• Like 1

And he could have scored none and still somehow be credited with an assist for something.

Well what you said has never happened. What I said did after the city game.

I've accepted he's not going to win aerial battles and it's not something I'm going to have a go at him for.

With the ball at his feet he was extremely clever and his movement was top drawer. Constantly working the channels and trying to get in behind. Far better and I think he will continue to grow.

Well what you said has never happened. What I said did after the city game.

Bloody hell, damn those villa fans for wanting to praise one of their own players for doing something positive. I hate those guys!

I've accepted he's not going to win aerial battles and it's not something I'm going to have a go at him for.

With the ball at his feet he was extremely clever and his movement was top drawer. Constantly working the channels and trying to get in behind. Far better and I think he will continue to grow.

Why? He is a 'target-man' (in PL's words) and his aerial ability was one of his strengths at Lazio. So presumably he was signed to provide this amongst other things.

Better with someone beside him to make Kozak less of a vocal point and he benefited from that.

Maybe it will now give Lambert confidence to play with more width as we have great difficulty in breaking teams down through the middle without a playmaker?

Not been a fan - not so much of him - but I feel the funds could have been better spent elsewhere. However his 100% work rate, constant chasing down, and the amount of stuff he created out of sheer muscle power, had me thinking he is the sort of guy who can thrive on very little service (which suits us fine) - thought he was more of threat than Benteke today.....certainly moved ahead of weiman in the pecking order...

Thought he played a lot better than he has done today, looks like he's starting to get used to the pace of the league.

BTW, can someone explain why his head withdraws back in to his body when he goes for a header?  :wacko:

the amount of stuff he created out of sheer muscle power,

I'd be interested to know what he created with sheer muscle power today?

His best touch led to the free kick but apart from that it was a few simple lay offs.

Better with someone beside him to make Kozak less of a vocal point and he benefited from that.

Maybe it will now give Lambert confidence to play with more width as we have great difficulty in breaking teams down through the middle without a playmaker?

Yeah I think if he does player it has tone next to someone. I think signing him so we can play the same way when Benteke is out just isn't going to work.

Is that not a bit like accepting bennet is never going to be solid defending and not having a go at him for it? It's meant to be a key part of his game and while lambert chooses to play the way we are he'll need to improve in this area.

Â