Libor Kozák

samjp26

Did anybody notice how clumsy his celebration was he nearly scraped his leg on the red astro near the edge of the stadium  l!!!

Yeah I noticed that, going for a slide along the red astro, ooooh not good.

His celebrations will improve over time.

Haha

Haha, I just meant that even though I personally think he's a clogger from what I've seen, I'm not going to say he's a bad signing or he's never going to cut it.

You have to give him a chance.

Yep well put, I'd pretty much agree with that too.

Unfortunately there's a tendency to hoof to a tall player even if they are better with their feet and we have arguably 3 such strikers.

Thought he'd looked better paired with Benteke though and a proper goal will help his confidence.

People saying Kozak was poor until his goal seem not to have noticed that his goal was from the third of three brilliant headers. The first went very narrowly wide, the second was very well saved.

He definitely needs to improve before you'd call him a roaring success, but I think he has a lot of potential. He IS good in the air, and shows a striker's touch with his feet a lot of the time too.

People saying Kozak was poor until his goal seem not to have noticed that his goal was from the third of three brilliant headers. The first went very narrowly wide, the second was very well saved.

He definitely needs to improve before you'd call him a roaring success, but I think he has a lot of potential. He IS good in the air, and shows a striker's touch with his feet a lot of the time too.

Towards the wrong goal though  :detect:

Towards the wrong goal though  :detect:

Yep, correction: his first excellent header was when he was marginally offside and was just about saved by the keeper.

He IS good in the air

Watching him shows he's struggling with this aspect at this level and stats would back it up.

Watching him smack three headers on target in one game shows that whatever stats those are might be misleading. He's not so good in the air with his back to goal, granted.

my view on kozak, is that as long as he's getting better each time he plays, i have no complaints... he's new to this team and new to this league, but i thought he was better this week than i've seen him before....

it is difficult for me to judge a new player who is improving each game, as far as how good they are going to be in time....

i'll take a goal and a win and say thank you very much mr kozak....

• Like 2

He IS good in the air

Watching him shows he's struggling with this aspect at this level and stats would back it up.

You're absolutely right that he hasn't been good in terms of coming back and winning headers with his back to goal so far. However, I still chalk this up to a serie a issue. He's shown he can win headers attacking towards goal, and his issue with his back towards goal is that he doesn't really jump, he just tries to gain position and possibly get fouled (he has gotten fould a fair amount to be fair). If you watch Serie A, a lot of players have the same style of trying to win headers, and I think that once he gets acclimated to the prem and adjusts to the more lenient refs, he'll start to try to get runs on the ball and will be more successful. Obvioulsy that may not happen, but I the issue is more technique and that is potentially fixable over time.

Haha, I just meant that even though I personally think he's a clogger from what I've seen, I'm not going to say he's a bad signing or he's never going to cut it.

You have to give him a chance.

If you're saying he's a clogger then you're saying he's a bad signing - a clogger is basically a shit footballer with no technique. Kozak is a target man and seems to be doing alright considering he's moved from a very different league to the prem. 

The problem is that he was a 'clogger' at Lazio too. He has never indicated that he has any particular footballing or technical ability throughout his time in Italy.

This doesn't necessarily mean he will be a 'bad' signing but he will obviously have his limit.

Edited by Isa

He did seem improved technically at the weekend though. His first touch was miles better than in previous weeks and his movement with the ball was not too bad. He still has the rest of the season to kick on and get acclimated and I think the real test to see how good he can truly be will be next season. 

My thoughts after Saturday - his awkward, he has the turning circle of the titanic and the acceleration of a Morris minor and despite his height he can't win headers BUT he has good positioning sense and if he can work on his strength he will be a good foil to play with benteke or gabby, if his anticipation was better and he made near post runs he would of had a few chances from tonevs crosses. He will get 8/10 goals a season

my view on kozak, is that as long as he's getting better each time he plays, i have no complaints... he's new to this team and new to this league, but i thought he was better this week than i've seen him before....

it is difficult for me to judge a new player who is improving each game, as far as how good they are going to be in time....

i'll take a goal and a win and say thank you very much mr kozak....

Great post.

My thoughts after Saturday - his awkward, he has the turning circle of the titanic and the acceleration of a Morris minor and despite his height he can't win headers BUT he has good positioning sense and if he can work on his strength he will be a good foil to play with benteke or gabby, if his anticipation was better and he made near post runs he would of had a few chances from tonevs crosses. He will get 8/10 goals a season

Yeah that's my take on it aswell. I'm intrigued as to how he scored so many goals in europe and not many in Seria A, it can't be because the europa league is just full of pub teams early on?

I dont think people realise how difficult that header actually was. He had to bent his neck backwards and still got enough power and accuracy into a part of the goal the keeper could never have got to due to his body movement

• Like 2

He IS good in the air

It shows he's striggling with long balls launched at him, but not with his heading ability from a finishing perspective. He has definitely showed skill there, as he did at Lazio. 

In fact, maybe Benteke could learn something from Kozak, as Benteke misses a fair amount of header opportunities—he certainly hasn't often displayed the deftness Kozak showed three times in one game. 

Edited by praisedmambo

I dont think people realise how difficult that header actually was. He had to bent his neck backwards and still got enough power and accuracy into a part of the goal the keeper could never have got to due to his body movement

Ian Wright mentioned how good that header was, to actually direct it and get enough power on the ball that was floating showed what a good connection he got.

• Like 1

Â