Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't make any out-sized predictions about Bacuna's ability or career at Villa but this has been one of the worst performances from any player that I can remember.

Must go off at half time, his touch and passing have been diabolical and his positioning and lack of presence effectively reduces to 10 men. Sylla or KEA must come on for him at half time.

Much better from Bacuna there.  Hopefully he can settle into the game, rather than us destroying him by subbing him off in the first half (as many have ridiculously called for).

Well if its any consolation hes not the only player I would destroy by taking them off.

Not sure what the point of Bacuna is in this team. It's fine to play this way when we aren't at home but at Villa Park we need to dominate and create chances. Liverpool are just sitting back and soaking up our crab football.

We are desperate for some more creativity in front of Delph and Westwood.

Seemed to me for the first half an hour we played a 4-4-2 with Bacuna and Gabby hugging the touchline. No idea why we decided to play like that but it wasn't working and we started to play better when we changed back to  4-3-3.

Fab Delph our only penetrative player. The rest of them not in Liverpool's class to this point. Their players are so much more technically sound and as a result they've largely bossed us. Except for Kolo Toure. What a muppet he's become. I'll be surprised if he doesn't cost them a few points this season.

alrite, some improvement towards the end.. i recon if lambert has a bit of a go at em in the dressing room we can get 1 point. dont look like were able to take the win though.

Not sure if we should start experimenting with Tonev instead of Bacuna or just go with what we know in Ahmadi or Sylla... i really want bacuna to become good though, maybe give him another 10-15 mins then try to ease him in in a easier game perhaps.

I think this is actually pretty similar to the first half vs Chelski so far. We've let them have most of the ball, but restricted them to few chances, and carved out a couple of very good ones ourselves towards the end of the half. 

I've said it many times before and I'll keep saying it...PLEASE take Westwood off set-pieces. Just awful and a complete waste of what could be an opportunity to score. 

Strange decision to start with Bacuna. He's very nervous and he will no doubt be substituted.

There is no point in slagging him off, it's just a bad debut. We really do look rusty and out of ideas.

Need a completely different Villa side in the second half!

tiredness is not an excuse for this woeful performance.  if we are tired ten minutes into the 3rd game of the season (even after playing midweek) you have to question our training and conditioning.

and maybe we wouldnt look so tired if we could actually keep the ball and not spend most of every game chasing it.  lamberts team reminds me of MONs.  hard work, great on the counter but hugely reliant on pretty much one player  (it was young under MON, benteke for lambert). and if teams shut the counter down and make us try and break them down with possesion based football we have nothing.  we were better away under MON and its the same under lambert. its something we need to work on.

• Like 1