Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

Going in only 0-1 after that shocking 40 minutes feels like a minor victory, although truth be told with a tiny bit more luck we'd be even right now, what with the chances in the last 5 minutes.

Bacuna looks out of his depth but everyone's been shocking. The entire defence looks uncertain, Westwood and Delph have been sloppy, Weimann's a complete passenger. Must do better next half, because this is yet another one of those shaky as **** Liverplop teams that don't deserve to be doing this well against us.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't make any out-sized predictions about Bacuna's ability or career at Villa but this has been one of the worst performances from any player that I can remember.

Must go off at half time, his touch and passing have been diabolical and his positioning and lack of presence effectively reduces to 10 men. Sylla or KEA must come on for him at half time.

Yep, if Lambert must have him off, he has been a **** liability in a bad overall performance

I've said it many times before and I'll keep saying it...PLEASE take Westwood off set-pieces. Just awful and a complete waste of what could be an opportunity to score. 

We've been lacking a real quality set piece taker for a while, unfortunately.  It's something I'd really like to see us address.

I've said it many times before and I'll keep saying it...PLEASE take Westwood off set-pieces. Just awful and a complete waste of what could be an opportunity to score. 

We've been lacking a real quality set piece taker for a while, unfortunately.  It's something I'd really like to see us address.

We still have Bannan in the squad. Pure class at set pieces.

Indeed but surely someone like Lowton could do a better job then Westwood out of the players on the pitch. 

I find it strange how negative the reaction is at the moment. This really isn't very different from the first half against Chelsea, except for that one moment from Benteke obviously! And most posters claimed the Chelsea game was a perfect performance all around!

Both games: opposition has around 70% possession; we still restrict them few chances, we had some better chances towards the end of the half.

• Like 1

Why did we not start KEA? Not that it would've made much difference. An effective AM pls Lambert.

I'm guessing Lambert has watched the players in training, seen who is tired and rotated accordingly. These players had already played 2 games this week and some of them will cope better with that then others.