Southampton

NurembergVillan

To be fair, an Arsenal win meant Southampton qualified for Europe for the first time in about three million years.  You can't blame their fans for wanting a bit of European football. 

Grew up in Southampton... Got loads of Southampton supporting friends and always cheer them on and like to see them do well (unless its against the Villa)...

Then I saw how a lot of my mates were supporting Arsenal instead of backing the underdog...

Now? Now they can get f**ked... Hope they get eliminated in the first round by some Liechtensteiner fruit salesmen or Bulgarian part time folk musicians...

Ditto. But I hope they stay in for a while as it will affect them, they don't have the squad.

Grew up in Southampton... Got loads of Southampton supporting friends and always cheer them on and like to see them do well (unless its against the Villa)...

Then I saw how a lot of my mates were supporting Arsenal instead of backing the underdog...

Now? Now they can get f**ked... Hope they get eliminated in the first round by some Liechtensteiner fruit salesmen or Bulgarian part time folk musicians...  

Yeah, **** them for looking out for number 1 and having an opinion on who they want to win.

Bumch of words removed.

I hope their ground burns down.

I've never understood this "wanting the underdog" to win, regardless of who it is. Did you want small heath to beat Arsenal the other year?

If it was Saints v Arsenal and we were in Saints place, I'd absolutely want Arsenal to win the game.

I hope they get far in Europe, but only so that it affects their league form for as long as possible.

I hope it knocks their fans down a peg or two, and they get dragged into a relegation battle.

Partly because it'll be good for Villa, partly because of the 6-1 loss and partly because one of my bosses at work is a Southampton fan, and gave me a lot of stick when we lost.

• Like 1

partly because one of my bosses at work is a Southampton fan, and gave me a lot of stick when we lost.

I never understand people who are like this. Do they think football comes to an end after that result? They're just setting themselves up to get it worse when they lose to us.

Yeah, **** them for looking out for number 1 and having an opinion on who they want to win.

Bumch of words removed.

I hope their ground burns down.

Imagine if they signed Bent, you'd have real reason to hate them for no reason. Amazing.

• 7 months later...

I see today Waynama is "considering his future" at Southampton. Mane has been trying to push for a move this window. Pelle linked with a move back to Italy.

Results have been pretty poor. Koeman seems fed up seems to be a lot of discontent at that club.

Regression to the mean. 

At the turn of the century West Ham had an amazing bunch of players leave the club in fairly quick succession (Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Frank Lampard jr, Michael Carrick, Jermain Defoe, Glen Johnson) and they were youth team lads who were mostly local to West Ham's catchment area.  The Southampton players don't even have the emotional attachment to the club that those West Ham players did, so they certainly aren't going to hang around as soon as someone bigger and better comes along.  Comes with the territory of trying to sign unknown and undervalued players I guess. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What really annoys me about Wanyama, is the fact that he is completely shite.

he covers a lot of ground but doesnt really actually do much with the ball plus he gets stupid red cards

he is probably the closest thing I have seen to Reo-Coker

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he covers a lot of ground but doesnt really actually do much with the ball plus he gets stupid red cards

...and just like Reo-Coker he is going to be in for quite a shock when European's giants don't come in for him.

A clogger with far too much belief in his own limited ability.

I saw Saints play Stoke as my brother is a fan, and Wanyama looked like their best player on the day.  They did look like they'd gone a bit stale but I'm pretty sure it's just a blip.  If they have to sell Wanyama and Mane so be it, they should get profit and they'll probably just add themselves to the list of players who have gone on to do nothing since leaving.  I guess the key for Southampton is whether they can continue with their ridiculously good youth development.

9 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I see today Waynama is "considering his future" at Southampton. Mane has been trying to push for a move this window. Pelle linked with a move back to Italy.

Results have been pretty poor. Koeman seems fed up seems to be a lot of discontent at that club.

Modern day footballers. Would rather sit on the bench at a 'top 4' team than play week in week out for a lesser club

Neither of them is good enough to play for the top teams IMO

• 1 year later...
On 1/8/2016 at 12:18, rodders0223 said:

What really annoys me about Wanyama, is the fact that he is completely shite.

On 1/8/2016 at 12:31, Zatman said:

Old opinions are always fun to look at!

Nice kit launch btw B)

Â