Southampton

NurembergVillan

Sure we'd be willing on the other team if we were in that situation* but for the club to get onboard is more than a little silly.

(* we can but dream)

They'll finish bottom half if they're in europe next season.

I wonder if they'll sign Alderwielder full time, think he's had an excellent season at CB or even filling in as a DM on occasions. Think Atletico only want about 7m for him aswell so that will give an indication as to whether they'll continue to be top half next season.

That Southampton 'we are arsenal' tweet, puts Grealish's tweet after Tottenham beat Hull into perspective.

There is a difference between a 19 year old player posting it and a club's official twitter

That's the point I was trying to make. Grealish got lampooned from some quarters for his tweet, but what Southampton FC have done is worse and less professional and they should know better.

I think Liverpool are already in. 5th place is Europa League always, I believe 6th place if one of the Cup winners is from the top 5 and 7th place is both Cup winners are from the top 6. Currently Chelsea won a cup, so that brings it down to 6th (Liverpool). So if Arsenal win, then 7th (Southampton) would get in. I think that's how it works.

• Like 1

Don't Liverpool get the spot if we lose? the fair play place went to West Ham.

The Fair Play place is a completely separate place and has no impact on the normal quota.  Liverpool are already in by virtue of Chelsea winning the League Cup and that place dropping to the league.  Southampton are hoping the same happens this weekend.

^ Or wot Kurt sed 2.

• Like 1

Grew up in Southampton... Got loads of Southampton supporting friends and always cheer them on and like to see them do well (unless its against the Villa)...

Then I saw how a lot of my mates were supporting Arsenal instead of backing the underdog...

Now? Now they can get f**ked... Hope they get eliminated in the first round by some Liechtensteiner fruit salesmen or Bulgarian part time folk musicians...  

Â