Southampton

NurembergVillan

They're still doing very well.. recovered from a bad run and back in the top 4. 

There was suggestions that they may drop like a stone and they were no better than us... I think that can be put to bed now. 

• Like 1

Their team looks jaded. A few injuries have exposed the lack of squad depth.

Not really,They just weren't very good to begin with. That's why they say form is temporary.

Not very good and apparently we have a better squad than them.

Lightyears ahead of us.

Lightyears ahead of us.

I never said that they we have a better squad than them but they are better than I thought. I'd still be surprised to see them get over 60 points. If they do then fair play to them and Koeman, even if he's an arsehole.

As for them being light years ahead of us, they aren't. They just spend some money and we don't. Probably would cost Randy £50m (net) to catch up in the summer and there's no way we'll spend anything like that. Also I'd be shocked if Southampton didn't have to sell off more players next summer, E,g Schderlien, Bertrand (on loan?), Clyne may all leave. That model will catch up with them very soon.

Edited by villa89

Lightyears ahead of us.

I never said that they we have a better squad than them but they are better than I thought. I'd still be surprised to see them get over 60 points. If they do then fair play to them and Koeman, even if he's an arsehole.

As for them being light years ahead of us, they aren't. They just spend some money and we don't. Probably would cost Randy £50m (net) to catch up in the summer and there's no way we'll spend anything like that. Also I'd be shocked if Southampton didn't have to sell off more players next summer, E,g Schderlien, Bertrand (on loan?), Clyne may all leave. That model will catch up with them very soon.

Like they had to sell Lallana, Lovren, Shaw and Lambert?

Like they had to sell Lallana, Lovren, Shaw and Lambert?

That's my point. They managed to replace those players last summer but you can't keep selling your best players and then replacing them with cheaper players. No scouting system is good enough to keep doing that IMO.

Edited by villa89

• 2 weeks later...
Â